Scoops of Pink and a High Drop

Remedy
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I swear to God she looked hot af when I saw her in the lobby. She looked like a model who would definitely suit my designs!!!” Tiffany gasped at the thought of measuring Won Duri’s body.

 

“Unhie, urghe youh shure abahwt thish?” Yoona asked with a mouthful of strawberry ice cream.

 

“What?!” Tiffany asked while laughing.

 

Yoona cleared after finishing what’s left in .

 

“I said, are you sure about this? Are you already okay? Don’t be the person you promised you will never be.”

 

“It’s not that I’m obsessed with her. Her physical is just a bonus. I’m interested on knowing what’s going on with her. You ever get that connection where you know you can definitely help someone with their problem even though you’re not THAT close to them?”

 

“So, it’s just like with Tae then?”

 

Tiffany gasped with her hand on her chest. “NO!”

 

“But didn’t you feel that way with Tae too?”

 

“Well, Tae did have a lot of complications to get through to. But I really fell in love with that person without considering flaws. I guess that’s my mistake. I overlooked the broken parts and worshipped only the good things.”

 

“At least you know your lesson. BUT BE CAREFUL. I can’t even trust that person’s name. Won Duri, was it? Who names their child Won Duri???” Yoona asked in confusion and a slight touch of horror.

 

“MAYBE IT’S PART OF THE FLAW, I DON’T KNOW.” Tiffany raised her hands up, shaking her head. “For now, I just want to be friends with her. She looks like she needs someone to break her walls too. Just like what I did with yours.” Tiffany held Yoona’s hand and smiled a little.

 

“Unnie, I’ll always be thankful that you were stubborn enough to deal with my coldness, okay? Ugh, now how can I honestly stop you when I know where your intentions are directed to?” Yoona sighed. “Just be careful, okay? You always fall too fast and way toooo hard.”

 

“Wait. Who’s the unnie here?” Tiffany pointing her index finger to herself and to Yoona interchangeably with her head tilted sideways.

 

The two girls just laughed and binged on strawberry ice cream as they talked more about what had happened to them for the past week. Yoona turned against the thought of Tiffany pursuing Won Duri again because of her violent reaction to the mention of the name ‘Tae’.

 

“Unnie!!! What if both of you are Tae’s exes??? That’s like one of the biggest recipes for self-destruction and wallowing depression.”

 

“There are hundreds of ‘Tae’s in the world, Yoona. Don’t overreact.” Tiffany stated in an as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

 

~

 

Days have passed and there was still no call from the hospital. Yuri spent her days unpacking and buying things for her new flat. Another thing that makes her happy is making coffee. She was in love with caffeine. Her system even thinks coffee is water, having no effect on her and her nerves. It was a Saturday, and there weren’t any good shows lined up in the teli for tonight. She wondered about how the bartender would react to her coming back to the club. She probably expects her to never show her face again after shamelessly throwing cash at her.

 

“It was wrong. I have to apologize. She’s probably not THAT mad at me after all.”

 

Yuri dressed up and wore a leather jacket to keep the cold out of her system. She walked her way to the club. As soon as she arrived, she was somehow relieved to see that there were only girls, or lesbians, and no men in sight inside the club. She walked to the counter and sat at the seat she previously was that night.

 

“Loooooook who’s here. Decided to show your pretty face again, good lookin’?

 

“Decided to apologize for throwing cash at you.”

 

“Woaaaah there. I didn’t take you for a softie. No sweat, buddy. That was pretty hot actually. Maybe some time you can throw yourself at me.” Sunny threw her a nasty wink.

 

Yuri shot the bartender a piercing glare.

 

“CHILL OUT I WAS JUST KIDDING. Don’t worry, I’m gay but I’m not into homo .”

 

“What are you talking about?” Yuri creased her eyebrows in confusion.

 

“Wow, I commend your improved social skills, dear…. Wait. You haven’t told me your name yet, bro.”

 

“It’s Yuri. Kwon Yuri.”

 

“Hot. Okay, Yuri. Before we get into talking why don’t I mix you up a drink of your choice.”

 

“Just give me anything. I’m not used to choosing.”

 

“Ooooh aren’t you getting emotional.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

The bartender went quiet while mixing up a cocktail for the pissed lady.

 

“Psh. You can talk.”

 

“Ha. You went here to talk rather than to drink. Isn’t that an improvement?” Sunny teased.

 

“Psh. By the way, that girl from Tuesday. Did I give her a scare?” Yuri shyly asked.

 

“Tiffany? No. Why would she be scared of you?”

 

“You saw how I acted. It was pathe-“

 

“Definitely pathetic.”

 

“Thanks. It was pathetic and I hope I could get to apologize.”

 

Sunny laughed hysterically.

 

“Could you stop??”

 

Sunny toned down her laughter. “You don’t seem like the type to care about what others think about you.”

 

“I don’t. Tsk. Apologizing is different from being bothered about what she thinks of me. Regardless of what she judges me for, I’ll apologize for my outrageousness that night. That’s all, okay? Now shush about it.”

 

“Hey, I respect that. You’re a good kid.”

 

“Kid? How old are you anyway?”

 

“I look younger than my age. 23.”

 

“ I’m 22. Turning 23 this year. Shut up.”

 

“Don’t call your unnie a .”

 

“Just give me another round, unnie.”

 

While Sunny was mixing another drink, Yuri pondered about something.

 

“Hey, you told me you’re gay, but not into homo . What does that mean?”

 

“Oooooh, are you finally ready to be gay, you less neutral creature?”

 

“Just answer the damn question.”

 

“Araso, araso. I love girls, but I’m still a .”

 

“WHAT?! WEREN’T YOU THE ONE BRAGGING ABOUT HOW GOOD IT IS TO GET LAID?” Yuri, with every hole in her face, magnified.

 

“I hear stories, bro. It seems good. But I haven’t gotten laid yet. It’s a hassle with this job when all customers are potential targets as well as potential rivals. That’s why I feel lonely seeing all these es flirt in front of me. And yup, during school days I was still straight and guys saw me as another guy so didn’t hit on me. Sad, I know. off? Yes.”

 

“Is that why you’re talking to me?”

 

“OOOOH” Sunny clasped her heart with both hands as if an arrow pierced through. “Is that what you take me for?” Sunny laughed. “No. I’m keeping you company. We both need it, admit it.”

 

“I guess.” Yuri sipped the drink she was just given.

 

Yuri’s phone r

Please log in to read the full chapter