Let's End This Fake Thing

Our (Fake) Engagement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You are so busy with your work” Jessica huffed when Taeyeon just entered their apartment. The older girl furrowed her eyebrows because it’s so late and Jessica still awake

“We just prepared for my formal enrollment next week, Sica” Taeyeon walks closer. Jessica stood but Taeyeon is fast enough to caught her wrist, “Hey, Sweetie”

Jessica turned her head and pouted, “You are so busy. It’s just one week after you released but look at this”

Taeyeon moves her arms to Jessica’s waist and pulled her closer, she smiles to pouting Jessica

“Sorry, this caught me up”

“You always like this”

“Are you missing me that much?”

“Of course” Jessica pouted again but now Taeyeon is kissing the pout away. Jessica deepen the kiss by tiled her head and let her arms circled Taeyeon’s neck

“I’ll send you to work tomorrow and pick you up, okay?” Taeyeon pecks Jessica’s nose, “Now, let’s sleep. It’s late”

 

“How’s the preparation?” Jessica asked when Taeyeon caressing her hair lovingly. She pecks her crown before answering her question

“Pretty good. I talked about the contract with Rain Oppa and he made it easy. Also, I can take Yuri with me”

“They must be happy to be back with you. But Yeri was assigned to another department since we lack of secretary”

“I thought you won’t let her follow me” Taeyeon giggled

“Yah! But she said she’s happy for having a great experience with you”

“I’m happy too, Sica” Taeyeon snuggled her nose into Jessica’s hair, “I miss this”

“This? Snuggling with me?”

“Practically, having you in my arms”

“It must be hard for sleeping at the jail” Jessica caressing Taeyeon’s collarbone with her thumb, “I was hardly sleeping every night while thinking about that”

“It’s hard at the start” Taeyeon moves slightly and takes Jessica’s chin. She pecks her lips and forehead before hugging Jessica by her shoulders, “But what’s harder? The thought that you hate me, Sica. It haunted me every day”

“What makes you came at that day?” Jessica asked, referred to their moments at the hospital

“The chief in charge suddenly called me over. He said that someone picked me up for some limited times. He didn’t explain much until I saw Chansung was picked me up”

“Did Chansung told you?”

“He just remains silent and smiled to me. He said Krystal will tell the story. I was shocked when Chansung drove to hospital because I thought something bad happened to the family. I met Krystal and she told me about you”

“Sorry for leaving you behind” Jessica tighten their hug, she mumbled into Taeyeon’s neck, “That was my worst night”

“Promise me that you won’t leave again?”

“I promise, Tae”

Taeyeon placed a long kiss into Jessica’s forehead before drifting asleep

*****

Taeyeon looks so sleepy this morning but she insisted to drive Jessica to her workplace

“Sunny said I need to come earlier than my previous place” said Taeyeon when they stopped on the traffic light, “It’s okay, Sica”

“You need to stop staying up late and smoking” Jessica massaged Taeyeon’s shoulder, “Juhwan Oppa asked me to do medical check up on you”

“Huh?”

“Since you just released from a place that, you know, many people over there”

“I’m fine, Sica” Taeyeon tried to say again but seeing Jessica glared at her, she just nods anyway, “Uh, okay. Stop glaring with that eyes”

“Why? Are you scared?”

“Hmm, little bit”

Jessica pinches Taeyeon’s shoulder

“Yah!”

“Hehehe” Jessica pecks the sore spot and smiles sheepishly, “I’ll see you later, Tae”

“Yep, see you soon” Taeyeon pecks Jessica’s forehead while she gets the kiss on the cheek in returns, “Don’t forget to have good lunch”

“You too, Darl” Jessica winked while closing the door

“Ugh, she still had that effect to me” Taeyeon chuckled after she realized that her heart is beating so fast after the wink

*****

Taeyeon was dragged around and around today because it’s already Friday and on Sunday, her team and she will be announced as the new faces of SM, to be exact on Video Production. Also, she needs to work immediately at the next Monday

“Thank you, Miss Kim” Lee Sooman, Sunny’s Uncle, the CEO of SM, shakes her hand. He just checked the whole preparation of the newest team also the even that will be holding at Sunday, “My Niece has a great gut of you. I could see that”

“Thank you, CEO-nim” Taeyeon bows, “I’m glad that you accepted my proposal for bringing my old team”

“I’m totally fine with that” Sooman smiled while patting Taeyeon’s shoulder, “Also, you accepted Naeyeon for being your PA. It would be great”

“Thank you again, CEO-nim”

“Okay then, I’ll see you around” Sooman smiled and walked outside, let Taeyeon admiring her own room for now

“Miss Kim” someone knocked her door, “Sorry, I just delivered some errands”

“Hi” Taeyeon smiled, “Just Taeyeon, you can call me Unnie”

“Ah, okay” Naeyeon, the PA from SM’s office smiled and put some documents on Taeyeon’s desk, “Start today, I will be your Personal Assistant and I hope we can do well”

“Let’s hope for it, Naeyeon” Taeyeon extended her hands for shaking with her PA

“Maybe you got it lot but still, welcome to SM, Taeyeon Unnie”

 

“Poor Yeri couldn’t join us here” Yuri puffed her smoke, “I bet she would be super sad”

“I heard from Taecyeon that she’s cried for a day because Rain Oppa said she needs to be someone secretary, and not me” Taeyeon chuckled while light up her second cigarette

“Poor that little girl. I like her work, to be honest. She’s so punctual and tidy up”

“Me too. We should see her in the meantime”

“Don’t forget to seek the permission from your fiancée” Yuri stated, “I won’t see the drama on the office”

“Hahaha, well can’t help if she’s that jealous. You know her”

“I knew her just because I tried to get her heart, a big failure back then” Yuri chuckled, “Anyway, Taeyeon, I have kind of question. What’s your future plan with Jessica? I mean, you guys already living together and the fake things between you guys already done”

Taeyeon puffed the smoke, “Do you think I will be good enough for her to asking about marriage?”

“Of course” Yuri furrowed her eyebrows, “I mean, geez, you guys already all over each other”

“I don’t know Yul, I just… afraid. I’m afraid that I couldn’t live like the expectation”

“Do you think Jessica would insist you to live under the expectation? I doubt that, Tae”

“But the society…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter