Part 6

At Times

They agreed that Junho will pick her up at her campus. When she arrives, she looks incredibly pretty even in her casual outfit. She’s wearing white shirt, a pair of grey wide leg pants and white sneakers. Her black rimmed glasses make her cuter. She waves her hand when she sees Junho.

‘Hello oppa, sorry for making you wait for so long. Had to discuss my papers with my Professor before leaving’

‘It’s ok. Shall we go now?’

‘Where are we going to?’ Kei asks while putting her stuff at the back seat.

‘Lunch’

They headed to Hong Seok-cheon hyung’s restaurant. Though Seok-cheon hyung is not around but since Junho is a regular there, their on duty manager gives them a nice table at the corner so no one will disturb.

Maybe because they haven’t seen each other and been in contact for a month, they feel awkward. They both eat in silent like two strangers who just met.

‘So, how have you been?’ Junho asks.

‘Well, I’ve been busy with stuff in campus. And how are you, oppa?’

‘Same here.’ Another awkward moment hits them again. Kei is playing with her fingers. She wants to ask more but restrains herself.

‘Do you need to go to Ethiopia? Is it a mandatory for you?’

‘Yes, oppa. Not a mandatory but I need to do something new.’ Kei answers with low voice.

‘Is it because of me? Because I ignored you and all your calls and messages?’ Kei says nothing.

‘Did everyone know already?’ He means Wooyoung, Nichkhun and Chansung. Kei nods. ‘What did they say?’

‘Well, Taec oppa laughed so loud and said that you’ll be furious. Minjun oppa said nothing except wishing me a good luck. Same as Khun oppa. Funnily, both Wooyoung oppa and Chansung oppa did the same reaction. They called me right after got my message and screamed at me’ Kei laughs softly when she remembers their reaction.

‘What about me?’

‘What about you? You didn’t reply my text, remember. Not a single word. You seem don't care for me’

Junho sighs.

‘I am not mad at you or you did something bad to me. It’s just that….’ Junho pauses for a moment. ‘It’s just that I need some time to ensure myself that I love you’. Another pause. Kei looks at him.

‘What did you say?”

‘I love you and I’m sorry for making you upset or worried. I’m sorry for my fool behavior towards you lately. I also knew about you and Taec hyung. I needed time to clear things up first.’ Junho tries to explain. ‘Do you need time to think it over? I’m ok with it.’

‘No.’ The answer makes him tense. Suddenly, it reminds him of Taec’s story. Could it be?

‘I love you too, oppa.’ She feels butterfly in her stomach.

‘That’s it?’

‘What do you expect? Do you want me to come to you and hug you and cry over my happiness? Or should I say no, then?’

‘No..no…I mean…I thought…never mind’ Junho speechless. Why can’t it be as romantic as their songs? Or maybe it’s because most of their songs are about breaking up? Nevertheless, he feels so happy.

‘Do you still have to go? Can’t you cancel your trip?’

‘Unfortunately, I can’t as all have been set. 3 months is not a long time and you’ll be busy with your comeback too’ Kei caresses Junho’s hands and gives him her best smile. Junho grabs his phone and texts something.

Junho: ‘Calling for a meeting at my place. Now!’

Wooyoung: ‘Not agaaaiiinnn….’

Taecyeon: ‘What’s up?’

Nichkhun: ‘Ok’

Chansung: ‘Should I bring some tissue and soju?’

Minjun: ‘Yaaa…Hwang Chansung!’

When they arrive at Junho’s house, Taecyeon and Nichkhun are already there. Kei hugs them happily. Junho can only shake his head when he sees Taec gives her his usual light kiss on her forehead.

‘When is your flight, Kei?’ Minjun asks Kei. He is sitting next to her as usual. Somehow, they have their own seating arrangement. Kei will be in the middle between Minjun and Taecyeon then the other will sit across them.

‘I’ll be leaving tomorrow on red eye, oppa.’ She takes a glance at Junho and knows that Junho is still a bit upset with her decision.

‘Dashin nugul saranghaji anheul geol ara…Cause I don’t wanna let you go’ It’s Wooyoung singing Junho’s part at Like A Movie. Chansung and Taecyeon laugh their asses off hearing that. Kei blushes. Junho gives a big slap on Wooyoung’s back.

‘So, is there anything you want to say Junho?’ Minjun asks.

‘Uhmmm…Kei and I….’ Junho starts stammering which gives him a loud reaction.

'Assaaaaa' Chansung shouts and put his hands up.

Wooyoung puts his hand inside his pocket and hands another 50 bucks reluctantly to Chansung.

‘Why did you give him money?’ Minjun asks Wooyoung.

‘I won, hyung’ Chansung answers with his big grin. ‘We put a bet whether Junho would dare to confess or not and I won again!’ Those punks!

‘I think we still need to hear Junho’s answer though’ Nichkhun teases him.

Taking a deep breath, Junho anwers ‘Yes, I told her that I love her and she accepted though I’m still a bit upset knowing that she'll still be leaving. And Ok Taecyeon!’ He gives a stern look when he sees Taecyeon’s hand on Kei’s shoulder.

‘What?’ Taec responds with innocent eyes.

‘Move your dirty hands and no more kisses on her forehead. You got me? And you Kei, no more hugging these people whenever you meet them’