Part 2

At Times

‘Ya Lee Junho!’ Wooyoung shouts once Junho picking up his call.

‘Young?’

‘Am with Chansung right now and heading to your place. And we don’t take no from you’ Wooyoung ends the call abruptly before Junho can say anything.

Last week, Junho told Wooyoung and Chansung that he needs to be alone for a moment. He needs to put everything back on track. Yes, for the past 2 months he has a weird feeling for Kei. Is it love? He’s still unsure.

Minutes later, both Wooyoung and Chansung are already at his door.

‘Told you I don’t wanna see you, guys. What are you doing here?’ But still, Junho lets them in. His hair looks messy, with sleeveless T-shirt and sweat pants he hands them cold beer.

‘Just woke up or not sleep yet?’ Chansung asks while munching banana. Chansung and banana are inseparable. He forced s to provide banana everyday so whenever he comes for a visit, he can enjoy his favorite snack. Even Taecyeon could not say no to his request.

‘You can tell’ Junho answers reluctantly. He hates them seeing him like this. Not because he does not appreciate their attention but more like he does not want to be a burden for them especially since they will have a comeback next month. They need to focus on their promo, not him. That’s why he begged Chansung and Wooyoung not to tell the other three.

‘So, what’s the conclusion? Is it love or just you being so melodramatic? Too connected to your new song, perhaps?’ Wooyoung chips in both teasing him and curios.

‘I don’t know man. I just don’t know. And it’s killing me’ his long and slim fingers running through his messy hair and stops at his neck. ‘You know that we’ve been treating her like a dongsaeng, right? And also our promise that we will not have any other intention to her so our friendship will be fine?’

Yes, that promise. 2 months after Kei steadily became part of their life, they (Minjun to be exact) agreed that Kei is just a dongsaeng. Should not be more. Cannot be more than that.

‘Before we fight each other over her, or before we hurt her or before that thing ruins our friendship’ Minjun trying to reason them. ‘If we want to have a girlfriend, better find other girl. Agree?’

‘Agree with Minjun. Let’s avoid such thing’ Taecyeon said.

‘Sure’ And that’s how that promise has made.

‘So, what are you gonna do now? You can’t avoid us, we have schedules starting next week. Minjun hyung keeps calling me and you know him. He didn’t buy my reason at all’

‘You can’t avoid Kei too. She calls me almost everyday!’ Chansung almost yells. ‘She’s worried, you know’

It reminds Junho of all her miscalls and texts. And it hurts him.

‘Ottokhae?’ Junho answers with question. He really has no idea what to do.

‘Let me ask you. During this period, did you miss her?’ Chansung asks carefully. He knows that this is a very sensitive issue for Junho since he’s kind of introvert.

‘Well…’

‘Just be honest to us or at least to yourself.’ ‘Ok, I admit that I always missed Kei especially when we were abroad. I often texted her around midnight just to tell her that I missed her’ Wooyoung tries to speak up.

‘What?? Do you…? Don’t tell…’ Junho’s reaction is priceless. He suddenly stands up and looks at Wooyoung as if he can punch him anytime.

‘Don’t tell you what?’ Wooyoung teases him. Chansung laughs without sound. It’s easy to poke Junho’s pride or curiosity.

‘Never mind!’ Junho answers bitterly. Chansung cannot hold his laughter anymore. His contagious laugh spreads around the room. Junho hits him as a reward.

‘Why? Are you jealous? It means you are in love with her’ Wooyoung says nonchalantly. Junho needs to be honest to himself. Back then, Wooyoung had ever discussed with Chansung about who among them has a chance to fall in love with Kei. Both agreed that Junho and Taecyeon are legit candidates. Despite their personalities, Junho and Taecyeon have similar taste about girl and Kei is close to their preference.

‘No, I’m not! Well, maybe I’m being shaken for a moment. About promo and comeback, don’t worry. I’ll focus 100%. I’ll call Minjun hyung now’

‘You’re not a good liar, Junho’ Chansung shakes his head helplessly when he sees Junho calling Minjun.

‘What next now?’ Wooyoung asks the maknae.

‘Nothing. Let’s go. Let him be like this for a couple of days’ Both of them walking to the door after giving a sign to Junho that they’re leaving.

Once the two of them left, Junho sits on his couch thinking and re-thinking. All the same. Questioning his feeling for Kei. It happened last month. As usual, they met at Nickhun’s house since Kei’s allergy to pet’s fur is getting serious. They talked about everything. From 2PM concert, Kei’s study, new place for hang out etc. Kei being teased by others and her cheeks turned as red as gochujang sauce. And when she tied her hair like a ponytail and covered her face due to embarrassment, Junho felt something strange in his stomach. However, he brushed it off and told to himself that it’s nothing.

The strange feeling came again when he saw Minjun patted Kei’s head and she looked at him with her big eyes then fed him with her kimchi bokkeumbap. He realized by then that he’s jealous. It was getting worse when Taec put his arms around her shoulder and gave her a light kiss on top of her head. That bastard! Junho felt the urge to shout and told him to back off but he could not.

‘Yah Junho, what’s with the face?’ Nichkhun asked.

‘Nothing’ and he left pretending to get a beer.

Since then, everything about Kei makes him suffer. He cannot describe his feeling. Sometimes, he feels empty and yet misses her so much though they just spoke on the phone. Other times, he will smile like an idiot when he reread their messages though it’s only a simple message like ‘Morning oppa, have a great day ahead’ and ended with kiss emoticon. But, when he remembers about the promise once again, it will make his mood sour.

If this is love, why now? It’s been more than 3 years so why now? The way Kei talks, acts, shows her pouty lips, agrees or disagrees about something is same as before. Nothing changes. So, what now? What is this feeling? It’s repeating in his mind over and over. It’s not like he has never fallen in love before but it’s different.

Arrgghhhh…..he screams desperately making Wollie, his cat, jumps and hides behind the cabinet.