Part 1

At Times

Kei is busy with her papers when she hears her phone vibrates. Minjun oppa. 

'Hello oppa, how are you?'She answers with her best aegyeo voice and she can hear Minjun oppa giggles. She loves hearing it.

'Hello Kei, I'm good. How's yourself?'

'Busy like a bee. So, what do I owe this honor at this hour?' It's 10pm already.

'Well, did Junho by any chance call you?'

'Uhmm nope. I've been busy with my papers and exams this week. Something's wrong?' 

'Been trying to contact him since yesterday but no luck. He didn't pick up my calls nor reply my text. I need to discuss something with him'

'Have you checked Wooyoung oppa?'

'Ok, will call him. In the meantime, can you please let him kniw that I'm looking for him in case he calls you?'

'Ok oppa'

'Thanks. Good luck on your exams, Kei. Fighting!

Kei tries to get her concentration back to her papers. Her postgrad is coming at her door and she doesn't want any delay. She has to submit her papers by next week but oh well..her frozen brain seems like to play different game with her. She ties her hair into a bun, puts her glasses on and tries to type something on her laptop but not to avail. Somehow Minjun's words bugging her. It's so unusual for him not be able to reach Junho.

She grabs her phone and checks her last communication with him. 2 old messages from last week, 1 incoming calls from 4 days ago. She scrolls down her outgoing call list and finds 2 calls also from 4 days ago. She suddenly feels guilty. They had agreed to check each other at least once a day and now what? She has been busy with those damn exams and forgot to call/ text him. She dials his number but it's off. She puts her phone back and tries to focus on her paper. Again, something is lingering in her mind. She reaches her phone again and calls Chansung assuming that Minjun might be calling Wooyoung by now. The three of them will always spend time together regardless how busy they are. Either hit the gym or just hang out at their favorite cafe.

'Hi Kei, what's up?'

'Hello oppa. Minjun oppa just called me looking for Junho oppa. I just tried to call him but no luck.' She can feel dead silent from across. 

'Oppa, is everything alright? Did something happen to Junho oppa?' Like Junho, Chansung also cannot hide his emotion. And Kei knows that he's trying his best now.

'Everything's ok. He just needs some time to be alone now. He made me and Wooyoung promise not to say anything to hyungs and you as well.'

Suddenly, she feels like she's going to cry. Those 6 boys are like a brother to her since she doesn't have one. She is the only child. She can still remember her first meeting with them. She was at Candylicious Sentosa at that time, papmpering herself with Kitkat, jelly and chocolates when she heard some voices conversing in her language then saw a buch of men goofing around. Some of them were holding basket full of candies. Cute, just like kiddy kids on field trip. Then she realized that it's 2PM! However, since she's not their fan, she didn't hype nor scream like a crazy. 

Thanks to her unsync busy hands holding her shopping bags and eyes still looking at yummy snacks, she didn’t anything/anyone in front of her until she heard ‘ouch’. 

‘It’s ok’ But he’s still rubbing his head. Well, getting hit by a bag full of sweets is no joke. And she almost cursed herself when she realized that her victim was Lee Jumho of 2PM. She bowed again to express her regret while mumbling something. 

‘So, are you Korean?’ He asked excitedly with his smiley eyes.

‘Uhm what?’

‘Well, I just heard you say random things in Korean’ and like a cue, the other 5 came toward us.

‘I’m not Korean but I’m living there so yeah it’s like my native language now.’ She nervously answered to his question. ‘I’m so sorry once again. It must be hurt’

‘No worries’ Again with his smiley eyes and perfect teeth. Does he always like this? I mean, smiling with his eyes? Not being a fan and yet amazed with his crescent eyes when smiling are different story. Right?

‘Junho, you got a new friend here?’ Wooyoung asked. Wearing snapback and a pair of checkered shorts really made him looked like a child. Kei remembers Mi Na, one of her classmates, adores him so much. She said Chansung is the maknae but Wooyoung always acts like he’s the one. Mi Na was right. Seeing them standing in front of her, she could see that Chansung is calmer.

‘Annyeong, I’m Wooyung. This handsome guy is Khun hyung, the one with backpack is Minjun hyung, that big guy over there is Taecyeon hyung and the one with big nose is our maknae, Chansung’ Wooyoung introduced himself and his other members waved their hands politely.

‘And I’m Lee Junho’ Junho said while offering his hand.

Not knowing what to do, she reluctantly shook his hand. Meeting new people during her trip is not her favorite not to mention this one is a hallyu star. She did not want anybody else (fans or sasaeng) see this moment, upload it on their social media and bully her just like crazy netizen. She saw some people already looking at them. ‘I’m Kei and if you’ll excuse me, I need to catch something else. Bye’ And so she walked out the store leaving them behind.

 

Few days later, she met them again at the airport. Apparently, they would be on the same flight back to Seoul but different class, of course. It’s Junho who recognized and greeted Kei first. This time, she did not have any reason to leave and instead sat with them silently. And it’s Wooyoung and Taecyeon be the ice breaker. Beyond her imagination, they chatted and joked until Junho asked for her number before boarding. Since then, she’s with them. They became a part of her life. Having 2-3 years gap among them, it makes her like a real dongsaeng to them. Getting privilege to listen to their songs before it’s released (especially Wooyoung since he knew that she’s not a Hottest but so willing to convert her as one), attending their after party (though she has to do it carefully to avoid unnecessary scandal) or just chilling out at one of their houses.

Back to reality, Kei is worried sick about Junho. It’s so unlike him for 3 years they’ve known them. After sending ‘Are you alright?’ message, she decides to call it a night.