Part 5

At Times

It’s Wednesday already. By 3pm, Wooyoung sends a message to their whatsapp group, asking them to come to Minjun’s place at 5pm. No excuse for skipping the meeting.

Minjun: ‘And why at my place?”

Wooyoung: ‘Because your place is cozier, hyung kekekeke’

Chansung: ‘Can your order me pizza, hyung?’

Taecyeon: ‘Sparkling water and some snacks for me, please. Last time I checked, your fridge was empty’

Junho: ‘Don’t forget chicken, hyung. Half spicy, half original. Thanks’

Minjun: ‘Yaaaaa you punk!!!!’

Nichkhun: ‘kekekekeke’

 

Minjun’s living room is big but they prefer to gather at TV room. Just like at Khun’s house.

‘So, what’s the matter? Is this related to our promo tour?’ Minjun asks. He just finished doing some exercises and only wears black tank top and shorts. Sweat is still running down from his forehead. Nichkhun throws him a towel.

‘Junho has something to tell us, hyung’ Chansung answers on behalf of Wooyoung.

‘Me? It’s Wooyoung who asked us to meet. Why me?’ Junho protests cluelessly.

‘C’mon guys, what happened?’ Taec asks while enjoying his snack.

‘Junho is falling in love’ Wooyoung speaks and gets a hard kick from Junho for that.

‘Daebak!'

‘With whom?’

‘Do I know her?’

Taec, Khun and Minjun react differently. Junho is getting nervous. He bites his lips and closes his eyes for a couple of seconds. When he opens them up, he sees all eyes looking at him waiting for his explanation.

‘Junho?’ Nichkun calls him patiently.

‘It’s Kei’ Junho answers slowly.

‘Whaaattt???’ This time the hyungs react in unison. Taec almost jumps from his couch. Nichkhun’s eyes getting bigger but there is a smile on his face.

‘And?’ Minjun continues his interrogation. Somewhere deep down his heart, he knew it coming. This moment is coming. Something that he is afraid of.

‘I don’t know hyung. I haven’t told her yet.’

‘Why? Are you afraid of his reaction?’ Nichkhun asks. You can always count on this hyung at this situation. His calm reaction can beat Taecyeon’s loudness.

Junho does not know how to answer Khun’s question. He’s afraid his answer will make them upset.

‘C’mon Junho ya. Just tell us’ Minjun says though he knows already what is bothering his precious dongsaeng.

‘Didn’t we agree not to fall in love with Kei?’ That’s what Junho can say. Both Wooyoung and Chansung keep silent. Not a single word coming from their mouths. ‘What a great support, guys!’ Junho adds silently.

‘And?’ Nichkhun asks again.

‘I don’t want to break our promise. I don’t want to ruin our friendship and our job. I just don’t know what to do, hyung’ Minjun feels pity when he looks at Junho talking with his sad eyes.

‘Since when did you have that feeling? Is that why you were avoiding us for days?’ Minjun asks carefully. Junho just nods.

‘Know what? I had the same feeling as yours back then’ Taecyeon breaks the silence.

‘Whaaaaatt? When? How?’ All screams in one voice. Suddenly, Junho feels bitter. Chansung almost chokes and Wooyoung’s mouth opens so wide.

‘About last year. And I did confess to her. We went to a movie, had a dinner then I told her I love her and wanted her to be mine.’ Taecyeon grins widely.

‘Then?’ Minjun asks automatically. Junho is afraid to hear Taec’s answer. Does it mean…?

‘Well, no luck. She simply said that I’m not his type. That she only thinks of me as his oppa. When I asked whether she would have some time to think about it, she boldly said no. Yes, it broke my heart but since she did it prettily, I could not be angry or upset.’ Taec answers the question coolly like he’s just explaining about his new song or drama.

‘That’s all?’ Wooyoung asks curious.

‘That’s all. After that, I sent her home, said good night and the next day we met again at this house. Remember, when I brought you guys full set of Korean dinner?’

‘Wow hyung! You’re so unbelievable. How come you can be so cool after being rejected by a girl?’ Chansung claps his hands as a sign of praise. Taec smiles widely.

‘And your point?’ Minjun asks.

‘My point is, I know we have agreement. But in my case, it’s only me who was hurt. She stays cool up to now. And since I did not have any competitors at that time, I didn’t ruin our friendship and whatever we have. Do you have any competitor here, Junho?’

Minjun looks at his dongsaeng one by one. With unspoken words, he prays that nobody raises his hand. Khun, Wooyoung and Chansung shake their head.

‘She’s not my type’ Minjun says nonchalantly.

‘So, what’s the problem except that she may give the same answer like she gave to me?’ Taecyeon continues. ‘Go ahead Junho, let her know your feeling. Enough for her to have your ty actions. You’re being rude is not so you’ Oh wow, wise Taecyeon. Did something happen to his brain recently?

‘Ok, let’s speak out our opinion’ Minjun decides to discuss this thing because he knows that Junho needs a support. Though he initiated the agreement, he agrees with what Taecyeon said.

‘I agree with Taec’ Nichkhun says. “However, I want you to be sure first that if she says no, it won’t make you do something stupid or like Minjun said, ruin our friendship with her’

Chansung chimes in ‘Kei is such a sweetheart. If she has mutual feeling like you, please, please be responsible. You know our position as celebrity, don’t you? It will be hard for her. True Hottest can accept, but what about haters? Will you be open to public with your relationship or keep it under the radar? Not to mention we are always on tour. Will you have enough time to take care of her? To show your love? I don’t want you to hurt her.’

Wooyoung just nods.

‘Junho, remember when I had a girlfriend during our promo? It was . All we could do was arguing. Claiming that we did not have time for each other, my love was bigger than yours. She complained that 2PM was all I could think of. Something like that. We only hurt each other’ Minjun speaks in sadness.

‘I’m telling you this not to cause you more trouble but for you to think it more seriously. Are you really in love with her and want her to be part of your life as long as it can take or is it just a tiny spark of flirting? Whatever your decision, we are behind you’

Junho is speechless. He didn’t expect to give some thoughts even Minjun hyung opens up about his past relationship for the first time. They are truly his family.

‘Thanks for sharing guys. I’ll think about it. But I know I love her so Taec hyung, don’t you dare to flirt with her again’ Taecyeon laughs so loud.

Junho feels some of his burden escapes from his heart. Next thing to do is to confess.

‘Why making a love song is easier than reality?’ Junho sighs deeply. He has schedule at 5pm and is packing his stuff when he sees a pop up message on his screen.

‘What are you doing, oppa?’ It’s from Kei. He’s still debating whether finishing what he’s doing right now or replying to Kei’s text when another text arrives.

‘I don’t know what’s going on between us or if I did something terrible. I am really sorry if I did. I just want to tell you that I’ll be leaving for Ethiopia this weekend. I’m joining volunteer project there for 3 months. I already told Taec oppa when I bumped into him this morning. Will let other oppas know separately later.’

Junho drops his bag in panic. He needs to talk to someone pronto but his schedule won’t allow him to do so. He then texts Minjun and asks him to meet up once he’s done.

‘Did you know that Kei will be leaving for Ethiopia?’ Junho asks

‘Yes, she texted me this afternoon. Why?’

‘Why? You asked me why?? She won’t be here for 3 months, hyung! What should I do?’

‘Do what you need to do and besides 3 months is not long, you know. We will be on promo tour for 2 months then you’ll be busy with your solo album’ Minjun answers coolly. ‘So, when will you tell her?’