...Bother Namjoon

When Tae Is Away, Kookie Will...

 

Beams of golden light streamed in through the cracks in the opaque silver curtain covering the window. The dorm was quiet, so he had not heard any shouting or bustling about that would have otherwise woken him sooner. Groaning, Jungkook nuzzled his face into his pillow as he laid on his stomach and let out a puff of air, dreading that he needed to wake up. He had not even opened his eyes to see what time it was, but he knew it was later than it should be. After such a busy schedule lately, however, he could not blame himself for sleeping in so easily.

 

Reached his hand out to the other side of his bed, he expected to feel Taehyung laying there next to him. They had fallen asleep together last night after cuddling, munching on snacks, and watching a movie.

 

“Mmm...Tae…?” a sleepy and confused Jungkook muttered when he realized that side of the bed was cold.

 

Warm light flooded his eyes as he cracked them open and tilted his head to the side only to find the bed empty. The blue checkered sheets rustled lightly under him as he kneeled on his bed and rubbed his eyes. His hair was sticking up in every direction, not only from tossing in his sleep, but also because he knew Taehyung loved playing around with his hair while he slept.

 

Just as Jungkook threw his legs over the side of his bed to stand up, he saw a note on his nightstand scribbled in Taehyung’s handwriting.

 

You were so precious sleeping that I couldn’t bring myself

to wake you up. I’m going out with Seokjin-hyung and Jimin-hyung

for a day of shopping. We should be back around dinner. I’ll see you

tonight baby.

-TaeTae

 

Jungkook could not help but frown slightly as he read the note, his lower lip jutting out and his eyebrows knitting together slightly. He had hoped Taehyung and him would spend some time together, since it was a rare day off for them. Abandoning the note on the nightstand and getting up from the bed, the young male shuffled his feet over the dark wood floor to his closet. A quick glance to the clock on his wall told him it was already 9:17am...yepp...much later than he would normally wake up. By now he would have already had his morning workout finished, been showered, and eaten his breakfast. Instead, he was a sluggish mess who now had a bit of a moppy additude.

 

White light filled the room as he easily flicked the switched and entered the large closet. Jungkook smacked his lips together a few times while scratching his head and wandering over to where he kept all of his comfy clothes.

 

“No point in getting too dressed up today. I have nowhere to go and Tae isn’t here to show myself off too…” a whiny Jungkook complained, lightly smacking the clothes in front of him so they slightly swung on their hangers.

 

If Taehyung was around, he would have worn a pair of loose ripped jeans and a button down shirt which he could keep a bit undone. He knew what that did to Taehyung. Whenever he dressed like that, they always quickly found their way back to the bedroom where they would do activities not involving clothes.

 

“Dumb, Tae…” he scowled lightly. “I had a new shirt I was going to wear…those black pants...dumb, Tae...”

 

Pulling out some black basketball shorts and a baggy red shirt, the younger then strolled over to the full body mirror he had and looked at himself. His boxers were quickly removed and left crumpled on the floor. He admired the few marks on his hip bones that were slowly fading from previous nights with Taehyung before he spotted something on his collarbone. Leaning in closer to the mirror he saw more clearly just what it was.

 

“Tae~!” Jungkook whined with another pout on his lips. “He must have done that while I was sleeping…” he concluded while lightly touching the newest hickey on his body. “I’ll have to get his covered for performances. I’ll get back at him.”

 

A small sigh passed his lips before he smiled and pulled on a fresh pair of boxer briefs followed by his shorts and shirt. The last thing he needed to do was fix his mess of hair and he was all ready for the day.

 

As if his body knew he was finished getting ready, his stomach let out a huge growl of hunger which startled even himself.

 

“Maybe I can get Hoseok-hyung to make me some breakfast,” Jungkook said to himself, giggling as he left his room and headed towards the kitchen. “Hoseok-hyung~! J-Hope-hyung~! Kookie needs food in his tummy~!” he lightly sang while rubbing his stomach. If he asked like that, he knew Hoseok would whip something up for him in no time.

 

Their apartment really was quiet though. Almost too quiet. It was so silent that Jungkook started questioning if everyone had left for the day and abandoned him here all alone. The only thing telling him he was not alone was the smell of breakfast wafting from the kitchen.

 

“What’s for breakfast?” Jungkook asked in an excited voice as he popped his head into the kitchen.

 

Namjoon lifted his head from his phone, his mouth filled with food, and an eyebrow cocked.

 

“Jungkook-ssi. I thought you left with Taehyung-ssi and the others,” Namjoon stated in a confused voice after swallowing his food.

 

“They left without me…” Jungkook sulked before coming over to the table and sitting himself down next to Namjoon.

 

Eyeing the older male’s food, he could not stop himself from his lips and staring at the warm dish. The smell drifted towards him, causing him to lean in and get a better smell.

 

“A rice omelette, along with cubed radish kimchi, and bean sprouts as side dishes...delicious…”

 

When Namjoon looked back up at Jungkook, he could see drool forming at the corners of his mouth.

 

“Ya! Don’t go getting any ideas that this is for you,” Namjoon warned him, lightly hitting Jungkook’s head with his chopsticks.

 

“Ouch!” the younger whined as he reeled away and grabbed the top of his head.

 

“We just got you the cereal you were begging for,” Namjoon reminded him. “You can have that this morning.”

 

“But I need something to warm my heart after Taehyung-hyung left me today,” Jungkook whined, all while giving Namjoon his best puppy eyes.

 

“No matter what the food is, it can warm your heart,” Namjoon told him while cutting a piece of his omelette with his chopsticks.

 

Not happy with Namjoon’s response, Jungkook figured he would go back to his original plan.

 

“I’ll go see if Hoseok-hyung wants to make me breakfast then,” Jungkook told Namjoon as he stood up from the table.

 

“Hoseok-hyung is with Yoongi-hyung working,” Namjoon called out before Jungkook got too far. “They’re locked away in the Genius Lab and said not to disturb them unless there’s a fire.”

 

A mischievous smile suddenly crossed Jungkook’s lips which did not go unnoticed for a split second by Namjoon who quickly interjected, “A fire in your heart for warm food doesn’t count.”

 

Jungkook’s shoulders slumped slightly as he turned his head back towards Namjoon and frowned. All Namjoon did was move his eyes over towards the cupboard where they kept all the cereal, a signal to Jungkook that it was his option for breakfast.

 

Shuffling his feet on the floor, Jungkook trudged over to the cupboard and pulled out his cereal. It was not that he did not like that his hyung’s had picked it up for him after the way he had begged for it, but he was not in the mood to have it that morning.

 

Heavily sighing, he then pulled down a bowl from another cabinet and placed it down on the counter so that it rocked back and forth a few times before settling down properly. Glancing over his shoulder to see if Namjoon had been paying attention to him, he growled slightly to find him staring at his phone. Another loud sigh was released as Jungkook made his way to the fridge and pulled out the milk carton, swishing around the contents as he made his way back over to his cereal box and bowl. But still, no acknowledgement from Namjoon.

 

The cereal was added to his bowl, followed by as much milk as Jungkook could fit before the cereal started pouring over the sides and onto the counter. Any cereal that was spilled was promptly plucked from the counter and dropped into his mouth, knowing he would get nagged at if he left a mess. When he had finished putting the milk and cereal away, he stuck out his tongue and blew a small raspberry to let it be known he still wanted something different for breakfast.

 

A small side glance to Namjoon showed him happily plopping a piece of kimchi into his mouth. Jungkook blew air out of his nose like an agitated bull ready to charge.

 

Hoseok-hyung would have given me attention by now, Jungkook groused differently.

 

Jungkook then popped a spoon into his mouth before returning to the table and this time choosing to sit across from Namjoon who was still scrolling through his phone.

 

With his left elbow resting on the table and his head resting in his hand, Jungkook started poking around at his cereal. He placed one dry piece on his spoon before placing it into his mouth and giving it a loud crunch.

 

Namjoon picked his head up from what he was looking at only to be met with a frown on Jungkook’s face. Right away, he grabbed a piece of kimchi and placed it into his mouth, mimicking the annoying way Jungkook had loudly chewed his cereal. A smirk crossed his lips before he finished chewing and went back to looking at his phone.

 

Pouting his lips even more, Jungkook ate a few more dry pieces of cereal in the same obnoxious manner before he started pushing the cereal off the mound in his bowl. The partially moistened cereal scattered across the table and into Namjoon’s vision.

 

This time when Namjoon looked up he found Jungkook sitting there with his hands between his thighs, looking away from the tabe with a child-like pout on his lips. His spoon was stabbed into his cereal and left abandoned on the table.

 

“Aish, fine! Switch! Let’s switch!” Namjoon called out as he moved his plate and bowls towards Jungkook.

 

The younger instantly perked up and slid his bowl over to Namjoon, happily taking the food that was offered to him.

 

“Why do I end up spoiling you in the end?” the older male groused as he took a spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

 

“Because I’m soft and precious~!” Jungkook called out in glee.

 

“Soft and precious? With the way you’re flashing your abs lately, I don’t think anyone would buy that,” the older male chuckled. “Just eat the food before I change my mind.”

 

Those words got Jungkook eating a lot faster and soon he had the entire rice omelette finished along with the majority of the kimchi and bean sprouts. Meanwhile, Namjoon had finished off the cereal which had gotten much too soggy at the bottom for his liking but he hated the thought of wasting the food.

 

When Namjoon got up from the table to put the bowl and spoon in the sink, Jungkook eagerly followed his lead and put all of his things into the sink as well. Jungkook then stood around like an eager puppy while Namjoon prepared himself a mug of hot tea along with some chilled water from the fridge.

 

“So what are we doing today?” Jungkook eagerly asked once Namjoon was facing him again.

 

“We?” Namjoon questioned. “Well I was going to work on songs for our next album,” he answered honestly.

 

“All day?” Jungkook asked sadly.

 

“That was the plan,” the older male replied, nodding his head once.

 

Again, Jungkook’s shoulders slumped down and a pout crossed his lips. He let out a long sigh and cast his eyes down to the floor before replying, “Everyone else is doing something today and now you’re going to abandon me too…”

 

“Jungkook-ssi, I’m not abandoning you. I’ll just be working,” Namjoon replied with a chuckle and shake of his head. “No need to blow things out of proportion. Besides, no one else abandoned you either. They all just had other things to do.”

 

“Sure…” was all Jungkook replied as he turned to leave the kitchen and shuffled his feet slowly across the cold floor.

 

Namjoon pursed his lips together and exhaled through his nose before calling out, “Wait!”

 

Slowly, Jungkook turned his head back towards Namjoon, his lower lip quivering slightly.

 

“Want to keep me company while I work?” Namjoon asked.

 

Just like a puppy who heard he was going to go for a walk, Jungkook perked up and ran back over to Namjoon. The younger grabbed onto one of his arms, almost causing Namjoon to spill his hot tea everywhere. After barely managing to save his tea from spilling and scolding himself, Namjoon guided Jungkook along with him.

 

The younger male did not let go of Namjoon until a door closed behind them. Namjoon only had time to put his mug and glass down, adjust the temperature of the room, and grab a blanket for his lap before Jungkook happily sat down on his lap.

 

“Ah! Jungkook-ssi!” Namjoon cried out in surprise. “What are you doing?”

 

“You let me sit on your lap before,” the younger calmly pointed out.

 

“That was five years ago, Jungkook-ssi. You were smaller and lighter then,” Namjoon pointed out while slightly shifting as best he could in his chair.

 

“Can’t I stay like this for a little while?” Jungkook asked as he laughed and nuzzled his face into Namjoon’s neck a little.

 

Rolling his eyes, Namjoon decided giving in would be the easiest thing to do.

 

“Alright, fine. But you have to let me work,” Namjoon told him firmly.

 

Clinging onto Namjoon and getting comfortable, Jungkook sealed his lips and closed his eyes. He listened as Namjoon played parts of songs, edited them, and took notes on the music sheets scattered across his desk in an organized mess. Each time Namjoon took a sip of his water or tea, Jungkook watched as his adam’s apple bobbed up and down.

 

When he got bored, Jungkook reached up and started playing with Namjoon’s hair, just like how Taehyung would always play with his. He ran his fingers through his hair, twirled it around his finger, and got completely distracted.

 

“Jungkook-ssi, stop doing that. It’s distracting,” a slightly annoyed Namjoon told him after a while, bring his own hand up to his head and fixing his hair.

 

Jungkook lowered his hand and turned his head to look at the computer monitors Namjoon was working on. His eyes followed the cursor of the mouse, amazed that Namjoon could work so fast and knew exactly where he needed to click. The program he was using seemed complicated but the older male used it with such ease.

 

The fascination with the computer did not last for long, however, and soon Jungkook found himself playing with the pocket on Namjoon’s shirt. Jungkook played around with the top of the pocket, flicking it back and forth lightly with his finger. Eventually sticking his finger into the pocket, he ran his finger around the entire inside, traveling from one side to the other.

 

“Okay, you need to move, Jungkook-ssi,” Namjoon finally told him as he wheeled his chair away from the desk.

 

“Nnnnoooo!” Jungkook complained while Namjoon lifted him with ease.

 

Jungkook clung to Namjoon as he was moved over to the couch and plopped down. Landing with a soft thump, he glared over at Namjoon who was already heading back to his desk to work more. He squinted his eyes and pouted his lips slightly as a small huff of air left his mouth.

 

He can’t get rid of me that quickly, Jungkook said to himself, a small smirk working its way onto his face.

 

Only a few moments of silence passed before Jungkook silently made his way onto the floor and crawled back over to Namjoon. He made sure he was careful to place his hands and knees down gently so he would not be heard.

 

Kookie stealth mode activated, he chuckled to himself happily.

 

Namjoon had gotten back to work so quickly that he had not heard Jungkook coming back towards him. It was only when Jungkook placed his chin on his leg that Namjoon jumped, startled by the sudden contact, and looked down to see the younger male peering up at him through his hair.

 

“Jungkook...you startled me,” Namjoon sighed as he slumped down on his chair.
“What are you doing? Didn’t I just sit you down on the couch?”

 

“I still want to be by you,” Jungkook stated. He tilted his head so his chin rested on Namjoon’s thigh, facing the older male and looking up at him innocently.

 

“We’re still in the same room. We’re not that far away,” Namjoon reminded him.

 

“Skinship~!” Jungkook sang as he then hugged Namjoon’s leg and nuzzled against him. “I can’t have skinship if I’m on the couch.”

 

Namjoon sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose and breathed slowly a few times.

 

“As long as I can work, I guess there's no problem,” Namjoon told him before going back to work.

 

Jungkook nuzzled against Namjoon’s thigh again while still hugging his leg happily.

 

He was motionless for a while, simply enjoying being this close to Namjoon. It was not until he started playing with one of the rips in his pants that he gained attention from Namjoon again.

 

“Jungkook-ssi,” Namjoon called to him as he continued working.

 

“Sorry…” he quickly apologized, knowing it must have been distracting.

 

Shifting on the floor, Jungkook moved so he was fully under Namjoon's desk, back hunched slightly, and sat on the older male’s foot like a dog guarding its owner. His chin now rested on Namjoon's knee so he could look up at him and watch him work.

 

Namjoon put up with Jungkook's clinginess as the younger occasionally shifted by his feet. There was no problem with Jungkook until he moved again and rested his head between his legs on the available chair he had.

 

“That's my crotch,” Namjoon pointed out as he tried moving back in his chair as much as he could…which was not much.

 

“But...I’ve seen Seokjin laying on your crotch and you seemed really happy about it…” Jungkook told him with a slightly confused look on his face.

 

Namjoon cringed slightly when Jungkook told him that. Him and Seokjin usually messed around in his room, but there had been once in the living room late at night when everyone should have been asleep. That must have been when Jungkook had seen them.

 

“Jungkook-ssi,” Namjoon groaned as he looked down at the younger.

 

“It's warm between your legs,” Jungkook giggled. “Hyung is warm~!” he exclaimed before practically face-planting completely into his crotch.

 

With no time spared, Namjoon wheeled his chair back. Jungkook lifted his head and in the process smacked the top of his head against the edge of the desk rather hard.

 

When a pained whine was heard, followed by Jungkook grabbing the top of his head, Namjoon hopped out of his chair and kneeled down in front of the younger male. Hugging Jungkook and patting his back a few times, he then checked the top of his head to make sure there was no blood. It was only when he did not see any that he let out a sigh of relief.

 

“Are you alright, Jungkook-sii?”

 

“My head is throbbing…” Jungkook replied sadly.

 

Easing Jungkook up from the floor, Namjoon guided hi. back over to the couch where he this time plopped down willingly.

 

“Just rest and don't hurt yourself again,” Namjoon told him before giving a light pat to his head. “Let me know if you need any pain medication."

 

A small nod came from Jungkook as Namjoon turned away to return to his desk. He tenderly rubbed his head before patting his hair down to fix it.

 

Although Jungkook felt well enough to still cling to Namjoon, he knew he agreed with him. He needed to let Namjoon get work done now after he had just distracted him.

 

The room fell silent as Jungkook laid on his back to rest and Namjoon returned to work. The only sound was the occasional hum that came from Namjoon as he contemplated what he wanted to do.

 

A few more minutes passed as he stared at the ceiling before Jungkook pulled his phone out of his pocket and opened a game he was currently obsessed with. His fingers quickly tapped away at the screen, his tongue sticking out between his lips as he tried to concentrate. Since Namjoon was now playing music from his computer, Jungkook failed to realize he had sound effects and music coming from his game. Although he failed to realize the extra noise he was making, it did not go unnoticed by Namjoon.

 

“Jungkook-ssi,” Namjoon called over in a light voice.

 

“Hmmm?” the younger hummed back without taking his eyes off his phone screen.

 

“Can you put your phone down for a second?” Namjoon asked.

 

Pausing his game, Jungkook rolled over onto his side to face Namjoon. That was when he realized there was no more music coming from the computer.

 

“Yeah, hyung?” Jungkook asked innocently.

 

“Do you mind turning your sound off if you’re going to play your games?” Namjoon asked. “The sound interferes with my concentration.”

 

Jungkook opened and closed his mouth before looking down at his phone and quickly turning down the volume all the way so he would not be a disturbance and hindrance to his hyung’s work. Once that was done, he turned his head and smiled at Namjoon.

 

Namjoon nodded his head in thanks before turning back to his work. Jungkook could not help but bite his bottom lip, feeling bad that he had interrupted Namjoon again. But his hyung seemed to get back to work fast enough.

 

Meanwhile, Jungkook continued playing his games, using up all the lives he could in each one. When he could no longer play his games, boredom flooded him once more.

 

Getting up, he quietly moved to stand behind Namjoon and watched as the older male worked. There was a different program pulled up on his screen this time. Without really realizing it, Jungkook progressively became closer and closer to Namjoon until he was standing directly behind him.

 

Namjoon only turned around when he felt a tickle against the back of his neck and his ear, to find Jungkook’s head practically resting on his shoulder. A shout left his mouth from surprise as he grabbed his chest, feeling his heart hammering against his chest.

 

“You’re going to give me a heart attack, Jungkook-ssi. How long you were standing there?” Namjoon asked as he calmed down.

 

Jungkook puffed out his cheeks and took a few steps away from Namjoon.

 

“Sorry, hyung…” the younger muttered.

 

A quick glance to his watch showed Namjoon that he had only been working for about two hours. While he had been getting a good deal of work done, he knew he needed to do something to keep Jungkook entertained.

 

“Why don’t I go make you a quick snack,” Namjoon offered, getting up from his chair.

“Oh~! I’ll help!” Jungkook quickly offered, excited to move around again.

 

Namjoon walked over to Jungkook and placed his hands on the younger male’s shoulders. Gently, he guided Jungkook backwards until he was back at the couch and pushed down on his shoulders as a signal to take a seat. The younger male softly plopped down and stared up at Namjoon with his mouth slightly open, head cocked to the side slightly.

 

“You wait here,” he said and gave Jungkook’s shoulders a few quick pats.

 

“But I-!”

 

“It won’t take long,” Namjoon told him, cutting him off, before ruffling his hair quickly and leaving the room.

 

When the door closed, Jungkook slumped against the couch and leaned his head back. He did not understand what was so wrong with him wanting to go with Namjoon and help prepare a snack. What was so wrong with helping and keeping him company?

 

A few silent minutes passed so he lifted his head and began looking around the room again. As he did so, he spotted another blanket sitting nicely folded on a stool next to Namjoon’s desk. The older male had turned the air conditioning up quite high, and he was only wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

 

“If I was still cuddling with Namjoon I wouldn’t be covered in goosebumps…” Jungkook sulked as he looked down at his arms and legs to see the small bumps covering his skin.

 

Since he did not feel like going back to his room to put on sweat clothes, he got up and claimed the blanket as his for the afternoon.

 

Back on the couch again, Jungkook crossed his legs and draped the blanket over his back, making sure he had enough to hang over his head like a hood. Thankfully the blanket was large enough that he was able to pull it around himself and be completely covered.

 

Not too long after he had gotten comfortable in his little blanket cocoon, Namjoon entered the room again.

 

“Joining a cult?” Namjoon chuckled when he saw Jungkook.

 

“Ha, ha…” Jungkook dryly laughed back.

 

“Are you that cold?” Namjoon questioned concerningly as he handed Jungkook a plate a various snacks and some banana milk.

 

“Just a little,” Jungkook replied as his eyes went wide upon seeing the food.

 

Namjoon watched as Jungkook put the plate down on the couch and grasped his banana milk with both hands before beginning to drink it, acting like someone was going to take it away from him at any moment.

 

“Want me to make it warmer in here?” he offered, picking up the remote.

 

Jungkook shook his head and finished sipping more milk through his straw before replying, “You’re the one working, so if this is a good temperature for you it’s fine with me. This blanket will keep me warm enough.”

 

“Awww, look at our maknae being so considerate,” Namjoon cooed before sitting back down.

 

Jungkook scrunched his nose in a playful manner before paying attention to his banana milk again and the snacks, which of course were all healthy.  

 

The room went calm again as Namjoon went back to his work and Jungkook quietly munched and sipped away happily. Jungkook rocked back and forth as he enjoyed all of his snacks and watched Namjoon work. The way Namjoon hunched his shoulders, ran his fingers through his hair, stretched his arms over his head, and everything else he did entransed Jungkook. The younger found he loved watching Namjoon work and was able to tell his mood just from watching him.

 

He found something he’s not pleased with, Jungkook told himself as Namjoon placed his elbows on his desk and sighed.

 

He watched Namjoon work, sitting straight in his chair again until he made another move. This time, Namjoon fisted his hair with both hands and pulled at it slightly.

 

You can do it, Namjoon-hyung. Don’t get aggravated. Fighting! Jungkook said to himself again, seeing the tension in Namjoon’s shoulders build. Sitting on the couch, he balled his hands into fists and silently waved them in a cheering manner.

 

Namjoon eventually lowered his hands and went back to work after calming himself down. Quite a while passed before he stretched his arms up into the air and tilted his head back, once again catching Jungkook’s attention.

 

I knew you could do it! I know he has a smile on his face now, Jungkook giggled. Namjoon-hyung works so hard...he silently told himself, eyes large with amazement.

 

It was not until a half hour later that Namjoon turned around to face Jungkook again and ask, “Can you give me feedback on what I have so far?”

 

Tilting his head to the side, Jungkook pointed a finger at himself and in a stunned voice asked, “You mean me?”

 

“Unless there’s a wandering spirit in here with us,” Namjoon joked.

 

The smile that beamed across Jungkook’s face was the only answer Namjoon needed before he started playing the song.

 

Getting to hear the entire song through made Jungkook extremely happy. He bobbed his head to the beat and smiled while biting down on his bottom lip and drumming his hands against his thighs.

 

After a few minutes when the song ended, Jungkook heard Namjoon let out a heavy sigh.

 

“So…?” Namjoon asked nervously.

 

Hurling himself off the couch and into Namjoon’s lap once again, Jungkook gave him a huge hug and responded, “It was great! Amazing, hyung!”

 

“You really think so?” the older male asked, stunned to get that kind of reaction from Jungkook. “Did anything stand out to you that could use improvement? Or something that didn’t quiet sound right?”

 

Bottom lip into his mouth as he gnawed lightly on it, Jungkook turned around and clicked for the song to start again. Namjoon wound his arms around Jungkook’s waist, holding him in place and resting his chin on his shoulder. To Namjoon’s surprise, Jungkook was giving him feedback he was not expecting. The parts in the song he pointed out, the suggestions he gave, everything Namjoon felt to be incredibly helpful. By the end of Jungkook’s run through of the song, Namjoon had two entire pages of his notebook filled with detailed notes.

 

“You have a great ear for music,” Namjoon told him after they had been working together for the past two and a half hours.

 

“Well geez...I would hope so since I’m a singer,” Jungkook snarked back.

 

“I didn’t mean it in a bad way Jungkook-ssi~!” Namjoon quickly chimed in, hugging the younger close to him. “But I know what will cheer you up as a thank you for helping me.”

 

“What would that be?” Jungkook questioned, eager to what Namjoon had to offer him.

 

“I’ll buy you whatever you want for lunch,” Namjoon replied as he squeezed the younger male even tighter.

 

Jungkook was quiet for a couple of seconds before he screamed, “I want pizza! And fries! A milkshake too!”

 

“Don’t you want to keep your abs?” chuckled Namjoon, who was entertained by Jungkook’s response.

 

“You’ve already given me your breakfast this morning and then a snack…” Jungkook reminded him. “I don’t think worrying about my abs in a huge concern today.”

 

“But you have to be ready to flash them for ARMY,” he added while patting the younger male’s stomach, able to feel his abs through his shirt.

 

“I’ll just workout extra hard this week,” Jungkook easily responded. “Now let’s order food! You said I could pick and I know where I want it from~!”

 

Namjoon released the struggling younger male and let him open up an internet browser and pull up the website so he could place an online order. They quickly settled on what kind of pizzas they wanted, ended up getting cheese fries, and each got a milkshake which were both chocolate.

 

While they waited for their food to come, they cleared up the glasses and plates in Namjoon’s studio and got those, along with their breakfast dishes, into the dishwasher. Namjoon rinsed the dishes and handed them to Jungkook who placed them into their appropriate spots. Working together, they had it done in no time.

 

Both of them wanted to relax so they stayed in the living room and the television. It was a bit of a challenge to find something they both enjoyed watching, so Namjoon caved and settled on something Jungkook was interested in. He even let the younger male lay his head in his lap and his hair in a comforting manner.

 

“I spoil you too much,” Namjoon sighed as his fingers slid effortlessly through Jungkook’s hair.

 

“Seokjin-hyung spoils me more,” giggled Jungkook.

 

“Oh he does, does he?” the older male asked next.

 

“I’m the innocent golden maknae,” Jungkook explained. He cupped his face in his hands, looked up at Namjoon, and batted his eyelashes. “He can’t help but spoil me.”

 

“Ya...don’t bother him too much,” Namjoon lightly scolded, giving Jungkook a small flick on the forehead.

 

“Ouch!”

 

“That’s didn’t hurt. Just know that Seokjin-hyung takes care of everyone so don’t go soaking up too much of his time,” Namjoon explained, now gently rubbing where he had flicked the younger.

 

“ARMY are right...you and Seokjin-hyung really are the parents of BTS,” the younger chuckled. ‘You’re the dad and Seokjin-hyung is the mom!”

 

“Aish...not that again. I thought that kind of came to an end,” Namjoon sighed.

 

“That’s always going to exist hyung. NamJin is always going to go strong!”

 

At the mention of the ship name for him and Seokjin, Namjoon felt his face grow red.

 

“And what about your TaeKook ship?” he quickly fired back.

 

“Pft! It doesn’t bother me if it’s true~!” Jungkook happily replied as he wiggled his against the couch before turning his attention back to the television.

 

Namjoon let out a small, airy laugh at how easily Jungkook accepted the ship name with Taehyung. With a shake of his head, he then went back to Jungkook’s hair.

 

Jungkook laid there, laughing at the program they were watching and enjoying himself. Meanwhile, Namjoon played with Jungkook’s ear a bit and found himself laughing now and then along with him.

 

In what felt like no time, their bell rang and Jungkook was jumping off the couch and sprinting to the door. Namjoon barely had time to get up from the couch before Jungkook was closing the door and coming back with everything carefully balanced.

 

Namjoon carefully took the milkshakes off the top and set them down on the table in front of the couch. Jungkook then placed the two boxes down along with the bag filled with fries and additional cheese. While Namjoon put a straw in each milkshake, Jungkook opened the pizzas and slid Namjoon’s over towards him before ripping open the bag that was stuffed with fries.

 

“Waahhh~! Look at all of them!” Jungkook exclaimed, pulling out the plastic containers filled with the melted cheese and dumping it all on top of the warm fries.

 

“Jungkook-ssi, try not to make a mess,” Namjoon gently scolded while sliding the younger’s milkshake over towards him.

 

“Don’t worry about it, hyung,” giggled Jungkook before reaching out and smearing some of the cheese on Namjoon’s nose. “We can clean up after we’re all finished.”

 

“Ya!” Namjoon cried as he moved away before Jungkook could spread any more cheese on him. “Just sit and eat your food.”

 

“Yes, sir!”

 

Cringing, Namjoon groaned, “Save that for Taehyung-ssi.”

 

Giggling, Jungkook slid his finger around the inside of the cheese container and gathered all he could before sliding his finger into his mouth and it clean before slowly pulling it from his lips. The younger also watched as Namjoon grabbed a napkin from the table and wiped his nose clean before tossing it back down.

 

Plopping his down onto the floor, Jungkook eagerly tore a slice of his pizza off and popped the tip into his mouth, biting off a good size and chewing it with glee. Small hums passed his lips as he bounced up and down slightly, thrilled to be eating.

 

All Namjoon did was shake his head at Jungkook before beginning to eat and turning his head back towards the television.

 

They each polished off their milkshakes and each ate about half of the fries smothered in cheese. Meanwhile, Jungkook had plowed through his pizza and finished everything while Namjoon still had two pieces left to stick into the fridge.

 

While Namjoon chose to stay seated on the floor, leaning up against the couch, Jungkook hopped back up and laid down on his side so he could still watch the television. With both of their stomachs filled, the living room remained silent as they rested.

 

When their show finally came to an end, Namjoon turned around only to find Jungkook completely passed out on the couch. His legs were pulled in slightly and his arms were loosely crossed over his chest.

 

“Clean up together...right…” Namjoon sighed as he got up from the floor and started gathering all the garbage to throw away.

 

It took a few minutes to get everything thrown away and his pizza put in the fridge. After that he wet a towel and wiped down the table to make sure all the grease, cheese, and any sticky melted milkshake were off. Once he tossed the towel back into the kitchen, he turned his attention back towards Jungkook. There was a fluffy cover draped over the back of a chair which he grabbed and carefully laid over Jungkook to keep him warm.

 

Before going back to his studio to work more, he pulled out his phone and snapped a picture of Jungkook to send to Taehyung.

 

“Let’s see...messages...Taehyung-ssi...attach the picture…”

 

He’s been missing you all day and clinging to me instead. You shouldn’t have left and only left him a note. He’s tired himself out though and will be thrilled when you get back.

-RM

 

After sending the message along with the picture, the phone was shoved back into his pocket and he wandered back to his studio.

 

As if on cue, right when he closed his studio door behind him, his phone started vibrating in his pocket. Almost certain of who it was, Namjoon could not hold back a smile when he saw Taehyung’s response.

 

Awww! He must have tired himself out! Thank you for keeping Jungkook warm and making sure he has company today! I owe you, Namjoon-hyung!

-Tae

 

Not replying to the message, Namjoon set his phone down and got back to work.

 

----

 

Jungkook was not sure what time it was when he woke up from his nap, but he was still feeling sleepy. Letting out a small yawn, and rubbing his tired eyes, he looked around to see that he was all alone. A pout instantly crossed his face as he sat up on the couch and stretched his arms above his head.

 

Draping the blanket he was sure Namjoon had put on him over his shoulders, he trudge back to Namjoon’s studio. His eyes might have been droopy with sleep, but he wanted to be with someone and right now Namjoon was the only someone around. A small yawn left his mouth as his feet continued padding gently down the hallway, the blanket softly dragging behind him like a long, luxurious robe.

 

When he opened Namjoon’s studio door just a crack, he peered inside to see the older male wearing his sound canceling headphone and bobbing his head to whichever song he had pulled up to work on. A smile crossed Jungkook’s face as he crept inside, closed the door behind him, laid back down on the couch, and cocooned himself in the blanket. In no time flat, he was out like a light again, dozing away happily.

 

----

 

After an hour more of hard work, Namjoon figured he should go check on Jungkook and see if he was still sleeping or had found something else to entertain himself with. The headphones were lifted off his head and hung on a small hook he had fastened to the side of his desk so they would not get damaged or the cord tangled.

 

As soon as he spun around in his chair to get up, he gasped in shock when he saw Jungkook sleeping on his couch. He had no clue when Jungkook had snuck back in to continue sleeping, but he had no problem with it.

 

A tight smile crossed his lips as he held back a small chuckle. The younger was sleeping in such a cute way. Jungkook was curled up with the blanket wrapped tightly around him, his head resting on the couch cushion with his hair flipped over his eyes and some static clinging to the arm of the couch. His hand was loosely curled into a fist with his thumb gently pressing against his lips which were opening and closing slightly.

 

“How can I not tease Taehyung-ssi again?” Namjoon gently whispered as he took out his phone and snapped a quick picture of Jungkook.

 

Is he always this cute when he sleeps?

-RM

 

Namjoon sent the text along with the picture he had taken before crouching down next to the couch and looking at Jungkook’s sleeping face even closer. Carefully, he brushed Jungkook’s hair from his eyes and watched as he scrunched his face slightly and wiggled his nose a few times.

 

“Tae…” he muttered in his sleep, wiggling around under the cover slightly before settling back down.

 

“Keep resting,” Namjoon whispered so it was almost inaudible.

 

A quick kiss was planted on the top of Jungkook’s head before Namjoon left his studio as silently as he could, making sure not to make any noise.

 

It was getting close to dinner time now so he headed back to the kitchen to start making something. That morning, he had promised Seokjin he would take care of the cooking for the night. There was a recipe for lasagna Seokjin had been teaching him for the past few weeks, and he was now confident he could pull it off on his own.

 

The recipe book Seokjin kept in a cabinet was pulled down and Namjoon flipped to the “L” section, locating the lasagna page. He went back and forth from the fridge, back to the recipe, the cabinets, back to the recipe, making sure he was gathering everything he needed. It was always easier with Seokjin there with him because someone would read off the ingredients and the other would grab them. Doing it alone was taking him longer to check and double check he had everything.

 

Namjoon had just preheated the oven when he heard his phone vibrate against the counter. When he checked his conversation with Taehyung, he could not hold back a loud laugh which echoed through the kitchen. Taehyung had changed the background of his phone to the picture of Jungkook he had just sent him, and had sent him a screenshot of it.

 

“Both of them are too cute for their own good,” Namjoon chuckled before he got down to business and started getting all the ingredients measured to cook.

 

Time was lost to Namjoon as he focused all his attention on the task in front of him. Every measurement he did was checked and double checked to ensure it was correct. The shredded cheese he had measured had been measured twice because he had accidentally hit the handle of the measuring cup once and sent the cheese flying all around the kitchen. Besides for that incident, however, things were going well. He even managed to make it through the entire assembly process without cutting himself, which even he found amazing. The lasagna dish was heavy with the pasta, meat, cheese, and noodles, but it look just like how it did when he had made it with Seokjin, so he assumed he was doing it correctly.

 

“I don’t think I messed anything up…” Namjoon muttered to himself as he crouched down and looked through the glass container at all the layers of the lasagna.

 

Picking up the recipe again, he mentally ran through all the instructions to make sure he had done everything and not skipped a step. Only once he was absolutely certain that nothing had been forgotten did he put the recipe away and smile confidently.

 

He was just about ready to slide the lasagna into the oven when he heard the passcode being typed into their keypad outside.

 

As soon as the door opened, Namjoon heard bags being dropped onto the floor followed by the pitter-patter of feet against the wood floor.

 

“Where’s my Kookie?” Taehyung asked, popping his head into the kitchen, his face covered in a light layer of sweat.

 

“My studio,” Namjoon replied, turning his head in time to see Taehyung smile big and dash off.

 

Taehyung’s feet hammered down the hallway before he skid to a halt in front of Namjoon’s studio and flung the door open. Spotting Jungkook right away, he walked over to him and crouched down, placing a hand on the younger’s head.

 

“Baby,” Taehyung called lightly. “Baby, wake up.”

 

A groan passed Jungkook’s lips as he remained sleeping.

 

“Kookie~!” Taehyung called lightly while he combed his fingers through Jungkook’s hair. “I’ll give you a kiss is you wake up.”

 

Another groan came from Jongkook, but this time accompanied by a smile.

 

“Tae…” he mumbled before sliding the tip of his thumb into his mouth and on it gently.

 

Pausing, Taehyung whipped out his phone and captured a small video of Jungkook on his thumb. He had never seen the younger do that and he was not about to pass up the evidence. A few pictures were snapped as well before sliding his phone back into his pocket. He was going to cherish that video and the pictures forever.

 

“My precious, Jungkookie~!” Taehyung called a little louder this time. “I want my baby awake so we can spend time together~!”

 

This time, Jungkook scrunched his face before cracking his eyes open slightly. It took a couple seconds for his sleepy eyes to adjust, but when they did, he pulled his thumb from his mouth and bolted up on the couch.

 

“Taehyung!” he shouted before launching himself at the older male. “I’m so happy you’re back!” exclaimed the excited younger as he nuzzled his head against Taehyung’s neck.

 

“I was only gone a couple of hours,” Taehyung reminded him as he hugged him back just as tightly.

 

“You abandoned me!” Jungkook stated, pulling away from their hug.

 

“I left you a note, baby. I didn’t abandon you,” Taehyung explained.

 

Jungkook pouted his lips and looked away from Taehyung for a few seconds before turning his attention back to him so he could lean in quickly and give him a peck on the lips. Taehyung chuckled before grabbing onto Jungkook’s face and pulling him in for another kiss. The way Jungkook instantly clung to him made Taehyung want to push him down onto the couch, but he was quick to compose himself and pull away.

 

“Tae~!” Jungkook whined as he tried to jump onto him.

 

“Woah, woah, relax, Kookie,” he chuckled while patting the younger’s head.

 

“But we were just-!”

 

“Come on,” Taehyung interrupted in a soft voice. “Namjoon will have dinner ready soon so we should help get everything else ready,” he told him.

 

“What’s for dinner?” Jungkook asked while getting up.

 

“I think I saw lasagna,” Taehyung stated.

 

Even more interested in food now, Jungkook headed out of Namjoon’s studio with Taehyung and headed back to the kitchen.

 

To their surprise, everyone was in the kitchen doing various tasks. Yoongi and Hoseok had ventured out from Yoongi’s studio, probably because Seokjin had told them to come help, and were emptying the dishwasher. Namjoon and Seokjin were keeping an eye on the lasagna as Seokjin questioned Namjoon about everything he had done to prepare it. Seokjin had also found some stray pieces of shredded cheese littered across the floor that Namjoon had missed when he had cleaned up. While he was asking Namjoon about the mess, Jimin was getting out forks, knives, plates, and cups for whatever drinks they wanted.

 

Seeing everyone else busy, Taehyung pulled Jungkook over to the fridge so they could start getting different side dishes out. They also worked on grating different cheeses they had into smaller bowls so they could add it to the top of their lasagna. After all, the cheesier the better!

 

“It’s great to have this large kitchen,” Seokjin stated as he turned around to see everyone doing something and having plenty of room to do it.

 

In their old place, they had become accustomed to having only two or three people in the kitchen at a time. Even with limited people in the kitchen, they would be bumping into one another and would end up practically grinding into each other as they scooted past. Here, that would never happen.

 

“I kind of miss being squished in close,” Jimin pouted before going over to Seokjin and purposely pressing himself against him.

 

“You stink of outside,” Seokjin complained as the younger clung to him.

 

“You do too, hyung! We were doing so much walking around we’re bound to stink! Especially in this warm weather,” Jimin pointed out.

 

Jungkook then leaned in and smell Taehyung quickly before pinching his nose and saying, “Tae...you smell too…”

 

Taehyung lifted an arm and smelled his armpit, doing his best to hide the disgusted look on his face when a foul odor hit his nose.

 

“Why don’t the three of you go shower quickly?” Namjoon asked, looking between the three of them. “There’s still fifteen minutes left on the oven so you can quickly get clean and changed.”

 

The three of them quickly nodded their heads before heading off to shower and get more presentable. While they headed off, Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Jungkook sat at the table and talked about what they had been working on that day. Hoseok was excited to explain everything while Yoongi sat with his arms folded across his chest, nodding and smiling as Hoseok explained. Jungkook was next to explain how he had helped Namjoon, and received a pat on the head from the male as he agreed before he further explaining what he had worked on.

 

In no time, the other three were all back and shortly after the oven timer went off. Namjoon and Seokjin got up and inspected the lasagna once it was taken out to make sure everything looked right. With a pat on the back from Seokjin, Namjoon knew he had done well.

 

As they waited for the food to cool a bit, Taehyung pulled out his phone and started tapping away at his screen. Meanwhile, Jungkook sat next to him and played with his fork, pressing down on the prongs to make it bob up and down.

 

“My sweet Kookie,” Taehyung cooed as he leaned over and planted a kiss on his cheek.

 

A small giggle escaped Jungkook’s mouth as his hand abandoned his fork and went to Taehyung’s thigh.

 

Taehyung’s eyes then scanned the table as they sat there, and smiled as everyone’s phones started to go off.

 

With everyone reaching for their phones, Jungkook reached into his pocket, wondering if he had put it on silent during the day and forgotten. However, he had no new message and cocked his head in confusion.

 

“Look at our precious, Jungkook-ssi~!” Hoseok stated first as he lightly thumped his feet against the floor.

 

“How is our little maknae so cute?” Seokjin cooed right after.

 

Now Jungkook was looking around the table in even more confusion than before.

 

“Maybe for his birthday we should get him a pacifier,” Yoongi added with a small snicker.

 

“What…?” Jungkook asked as he looked over to Taehyung. “Do you know what they’re talking about?”

 

“Huh?” Taehyung asked, acting like he had no idea.

 

“I can’t believe our Jungkook-ssi could get any cuter,” Namjoon snickered before turning his phone towards the youngest male and showing him the short video that kept playing.

 

“KIM TAEHYUNG!” Jungkook shouted at the top of his lungs, standing up and hammering his hands down onto the table. All the silverware, plates, and glasses jumped on the table, causing everyone to go silent in shock. “I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!”

 

In no time flat, Taehyung was up from the table and running away, screaming in a more playful way rather than frightened. Jungkook was after him in a split second, leaving everyone else to sit at the table and laugh at the situation. It was now a game of cat and mouse, and Jungkook would going to pounce.

 

They heard their feet pounding against the floor, a door slamming closed, Jungkook screaming and hammering his fist against it, followed by a terrified scream from Taehyung, another door slam, and silence.

 

“Nothing is ever normal around here,” Seokjin sighed as he rested his chin in his hand while leaning on the table.

 

“At least now we have something good on Jungkook-ssi if he’s ever misbehaving,” Yoongi added with an evil smirk on his lips.

 

“Just like with you Lil Meow Meow~!” Hoseok chimed, making cat-like gestures with his hands, a large smile glowing on his face.

 

The whole table erupted into laughter again just as Jungkook came back into the kitchen while dragging Taehyung by the collar of his shirt.

 

“Sit,” Jungkook told Taehyung in a firm voice as he released the collar of his shirt.

 

Without saying a word, Taehyung sat down and placed his hands on his lap.

 

“Whipped,” Jimin chuckled, making a whipping motion with a smirk on his face.

 

A small growl left Taehyung’s lips but was stopped when Jungkook gave him a light smack on the back of the head. That, however, was followed by Namjoon giving him a light smack.

 

The table went silent and everyone could immediately see the bite mark on the left side of Taehyung’s neck. It was obvious what Jungkook’s revenge had been. There was no point in making a deal out of it, since they were pretty sure the makeup artists had become accustomed to covering up those sort of marks on the two of them.

 

“Is everyone calmed down now?” Seokjin asked as his eyes scanned around the table.

 

“Yes~!” came a uniformed response.

 

“Then let’s have a nice, relaxing dinner,” Seokjin told them before reaching for the knife to cut into the lasagna. “Understand?”

 

This time a silent nod was the only response given. When Seokjin burst out into laughter over the silent and partially scared responses, everyone followed as well.

 

The table was lively and cheerful that night as they enjoyed their meal. That is how they always liked it. There never seemed to be a dull moment when they were all together.









 

~~~~~~~~~~

Here we have my oneshot! What did we think of it? I do not usually do fics like this so it was a bit of a struggle for me. But...how was it? Did you expect this based on the title of the oneshot? Namjoon and Jungkook spending the day together and Jungkook getting spoiled. Namjoon was also teasing Taehyung with the pictures of Jungkook, which probably made Taehyung want to come back home sooner haha! Of course Jungkook was thrilled when Taehyung came back and things got routy before they got to eat xD

 

Let me know what you thought of this oneshot in the comments below! Big or small, I read them all!

 

Although we are starting small with readers, I am thankful for those of you that have subbed and upvoted. It does not matter the number of subscribers I get, but instead that there at least one person who enjoys the story (: It was fun to write and I do hope that you will enjoy it and maybe it will spread to a few more readers ^-^