≪5≫

Help! My Pet’s a Human!

≪One week later≫

“Sir we have found the vicinity of where the three shifters are suspected to be hiding.”

”Good, have you captured the other shifters?”

”Yes.”

”How many are there?”

”247 sir.”

”So those three shifters are all we need...get them as soon as possible. You are dismissed.”

”Yes sir!”

The employee walked out of the office.

”You won’t get away you disgusting rodents..”

______________

The girls heard a knock on the front door. The shifters went to their animal counterparts. It was their routine with visitors. Sowon went to open the door.

”Oh! Um hello Officer! May I help you?”

”We have suspected that three female animal shifters have been found around this neighborhood, this is the last house we’ve checked around here. Do you happen to know where they are?”

”No. No I have not.”

”Are you sure? Our leads brought us specifically to this neighborhood.”

”I’m sorry sir but we don’t know where these...shifters are.”

”Okay...be advised we may come back for future investigations. Good day.”

Sowon smiled and closed the door. She then began to breath heavily.

”SinB...Eunha...COME HERE NOW!!”

Sowon began to tear up and tears flowed down her cheeks. The two girls came rushing towards her. 

“Th-they...they’re looking...for our girls!”

”What? Sowon don’t joke around-“

”SINB!! A POLICE OFFICER WAS JUST ASKING FOR THREE FEMALE ANIMAL SHIFTERS OUTSIDE OUR APARTMENT!! We might lose them!!”

Sowon’s voice cracked at the end and she began to cry harder. The three shifters walked inside.

”Yuna!! Come here please!!”

Yuna rushed towards the crying Sowon on the floor and Sowon hugged her black furry body tightly. Eunha then brought Yewon to her lap.

”I’m afraid I won’t be your partner for much long baby...I’m sorry..”

She hugged the small calico cat tightly and cried from pure sorrow.

”Hey hey hey! Yerin come here and get on my shoulder, it makes me seem cool.”

Yerin flew to SinB’s shoulder and SinB stared at the other two girls.

”You both need to it up. Eunha, remember when you said that losing them is not an option? It’s still not an option! Sowon, do you love Yuna?”

”Yes! So, so much!”

”Eunha, do you love Yewon?”

”I’m her partner for crying out loud!”

”I love Yerin too. And we are NOT going to let some guys with black uniforms tear us away from them!!”

Sowon and Eunha nodded. Slowly, Yewon and Yuna shifted back into humans and were seen with pure fear in their eyes. Yewon was shaking.

”Oh no Yewonie...everything is going to be okay, we are going to keep you hear no matter what.”

”B-but...w-what is th-they succeed? A-and take u-us? W-will they t-test on us?”

”All I know is that we won’t let them take you....I won’t let them take you.”

Eunha said as she hugged Yewon’s shaking body. Sowon and Yuna were sobbing at this point.

”I-I’m s-scared..”

”It’s okay, it’s okay Yuna. I love you.”

”Really?”

”Yeah...your my precious Yupup.”

”Oh...I thought you meant-“

”That’s a discussion for later okay?”

”Okay..”

Sowon kissed Yuna’s cheek and rocked her in her arms. Sowon felt worried for Yuna. She’s grown really close to her and having to lose her is something Sowon’s not ready for.

Yerin flew off SinB’s shoulder and shifted back. SinB then ran towards her room. Yerin followed closely behind her.

”What are you gonna do?”

”We’re gonna move.”

”What? But that’ll just raise their suspicions! If we leave then they’ll know that we’re here and they’ll follow us.”

SinB then stopped. She groaned and fell on the bed holding her head.

”What are we supposed to do then?! Yerin!!”

She sat up and sat in front of the girl.

”I don’t wanna lose you...I can’t lose you!!”

Yerin hugged SinB. SinB began to softly cry and Yerin patted her head gently.

”We’ll get through this okay?”

”I n-need y-you Yerin!”

”I need you too SinB.”

Yerin kneeled in front of SinB and held her hands gently.

”Everything will be okay. Don’t worry. We escaped before, we can do it again.”

SinB nodded and Yerin wiped her tears with her thumbs and kissed SinB’s cheek gently.

______________

”What do you mean?!”

”They all rejected the knowledge of any shifters.”

”Goshdangit...wait...that’s what they want you to think! They’re hiding something!”

”The last house we visited was pretty nervous when they talked to the officer.”

”Then that’s where we look again first. Now go! As soon as possible!”

”Yes sir!”

______________

One day passed and everyone was awake and walking around the house, except for Sowon and Yuna. They were still laying in bed.

”Yuna...I hope you love me too.”

”Of course I do silly.”

”No..more than that type of love..”

”You mean the other type? Like the mating partner type? I’m not in heat yet..”

”I don’t want to love you just to mate...I want to love you...like a lover.”

”Lover?”

”Someone you care for and you spend everyday with. You kiss them and cuddle with them and...sometimes mate..a lover is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.”

”You want to spend the rest of your life with me?”

”Yes Yuna.”

”Then kiss me.”

”What?”

”Kiss me and I’ll tell you what I feel.”

Sowon slowly leaned in and kissed Yuna gently. Yuna felt happy and warm so she brought Sowon in more and more. They tangled their legs together and Sowon held onto the back of Yuna’s head.

When they parted, Yuna and Sowon were panting and smiling.

”I’ll be your lover.”

”I love you so much Yuna.”

”I love you too Sowon.”

They kissed again, full of pure love. They heard a knock on their door and Yewon walked in.

”Get up! Oh...um...I’m just..gonna..go..”

Yewon slowly back out of the room and the two girls giggled. Sowon caressed the side of her face gently, she found a small scar on her face.

”Where’s this scar from?”

”Oh its from...the lab..”

”Man...you guys deserve so much better...I will make sure to give you better and protect you from those people.”

She was holding Yuna’s hand when she noticed something on her wrist, a number tattooed on with black ink.

”Number 12? What’s this?”

”They tattooed us. That’s how they identified us. We named ourselves. I chose Yuna off of a figure skater I saw one time on the scientists’ tv. I like to see how she jumps and spins.”

Sowon hugged Yuna and kissed her forehead.

”We won’t let them take you back to a lab.”

”I know you won’t. I trust you.”