≪1≫

Help! My Pet’s a Human!

The pitter-patter of paws hitting the cement at lightning quick speed could be heard. As well as faint and soft chirping. A meow could be heard and then a bang on metal.

The black one year old dog rolled on her back and whimpered. The small calico cat her legs and meowed lowly. Almost a whine. Then a sharp sound of metal hitting something hard and small was heard by the animals. A sun parakeet ruffled her feathers and flapped her wings.

”I told you that the trash can was in the way.”

”Yerin, I didn’t see but at least I didn’t slide on the cement like Yuna.”

”Hey, that’s cuz your a cat. I’m bigger than all of you so it’s kind of difficult to maneuver myself.”

”Uhuh...Yerin check if we lost ‘em.”

Yerin chirped and flew up. She looked around the city. She chirped and did flips in the air as she landed back on the lid of the metal trash can.

”Gone!”

Yuna howled. A loud hiss was heard.

”Yuna you know that hurts my ears!”

”Sorry Yewon...just habit from being happy!”

”Aish what’s with all the ruckus out here?!”

Yewon sprinted towards the back of the trash can but the man found Yuna standing low and Yerin on the trash can.

”Oh...a black Labrador and Sun Parakeet...what are you guys doing together? I also saw a calico around here...hmm..”

The man ran back inside and when he came back, he brought treats. Yuna being the naive dog came up first even with Yewon’s meows and Yerin’s squawks.

”And...there!”

Yuna whimpered as she got caught in a net. She struggled to get out. Yerin then lunged at the man and began to peck him with her beak and scratch him.

”Let go of her you motherfu-“

All the man heard was squawks. He finally grabbed Yerin and carefully placed her inside a cage inside the building. Yewon was worried for her friends and they were all they had so instead of fighting, she just let herself enter slowly.

”Huh...your a nice calico.”

”Nice calico my .”

He heard a low meow and chuckled he dragged Yuna inside and she growled at him lowly. Yerin kept trying to claw her way out of the cage. He closed the door.

Yuna barked and growled and snarled at the guy but he just put her inside a cage. Once he locked it, Yuna barked and whimpered. She whined and used her paws to try to get out.

”DANGNAMIT!! I need my thumbs back!!”

Yewon chucked but let herself be taken into one of the clear glass cages for cats but when he went to rub her head she sunk her teeth in his hand. He yelled and carefully pulled open and closed the cage. He sighed and went away.

The night passed with Yewon hearing her friends struggling to get out and crying. She huffed and curled into a ball.

 

The next day, when Yewon woke up, she found multiple people inside the building. She sat up and looked at Yuna’s cage that was across from her own in the corner and saw a girl looking at her, tall and model like. She then saw another girl came up to her.

”Gosh...get me out of here will ya?”

She meowed out to the blue haired girl. The girl smiled and pressed her hand on the glass of the cage. Yewon pressed her soft and small paws on the glass where her hand was. She noticed how cute and beautiful the girl’s face was. She purred slightly.

”SinB are you sure you don’t want a cat? Look at this small calico one!”

Another girl looked at Yewon and smiled. She turned back at the blue haired one.

”I found it! A sun parakeet! How can I pass that up? I’m getting that! Also, Sowon’s getting that black Labrador. It’s cute. The cat’s cute too.”

 

Yerin chewed on the seeds inside her cage. She looked around the building to see people looking at her. She went deeper into the corner of the cage as she was scared.

”Fudge you and you....fudge you too..”

She chirped out softly. She then found another girl come out from the people and walk towards her. But this one was absolutely gorgeous. Yerin carefully walked up to her.

”Hi buddy...you want me to help you get a home?”

”Home? A new one? An actual home?”

”I have food and experience with birds. I also have a place for you to sleep. I’ve always wanted one of you guys. A sun parakeet..”

Yerin chirped and climbed on the side of the cage to get closer. The girl carefully stuck her finger inside and Yerin picked at it softly and rested on it like a perch.

”Yep. We’re gonna be friends.”

Yuna was whimpering and crying still. Even more when she saw people looking at her. She saw another person come up and hid with her paws covering her muzzle.

”Oh...are you scared? I’m sorry if I scared you sweetie..”

She looked up to find an ethereal beauty. She whimpered slightly.

”You seem pretty uncomfortable here...do you wanna come home with me? I’ll give you a real place to rest on.”

Yuna whined again. The girl giggled.

”I’m gonna bring you home okay?”

Yuna smiled. Showing the girl her white canines. The girl smiled.

 

Next thing they know, they’re in a car. Yewon sitting on the blue haired girl’s lap, Yuna sitting up straight in the middle seat with the tall girl sitting next to her, and Yerin in a smaller yet more comfortable and padded cage in the front seat with the light brown haired girl driving.

When they got out, they were all brought in a rather large apartment. Yuna began to sniff everything. Yewon sat on the largest couch and claimed it as her own. Yerin was aching to get out of the cage.

”Okay, let’s get you out buddy.”

The cage went open and Yerin hopped down to the wooden floor and began to happily trot around slowly.

”SinB I think you got a defect. She ain’t flying.”

Yerin turned her head to the tall girl who said that and jumped up and flew into the air and landed on her head.

”Uh SinB...get the bird off of me please!!”

SinB chuckled and Yerin flew off herself and onto her shoulder. SinB held out and finger and Yerin placed herself on it. SinB then used her other hand to caress her feathers. Yerin closed her eyes and let out a small chirp. SinB giggled.

”Sowon...you’re dog is trying to lift the couch.”

”What? Ah no! Please stop!”

Sowon rushed towards Yuna and kneeled next to her and brought her back so she was sitting down. She then immediately got tackled by Yuna’s strong body and got attacked with kisses.

”All of your pets aren’t as civilized as mine.”

The blue haired girl said in a snobby voice and sat next to Yewon as she brought her to her lap. Yewon purred and curled up as she petted her soft fur.

”Eunha...yeah your cat’s really cute.. what are you gonna name her?”

”Hmm...how about...Umji?”

Yewon purred louder and meowed. Eunha giggled and caressed her soft tummy. 

“I’m naming this big girl Yuju!”

Sowon said excitedly as she finally got her off of her and patted her back a few times as Yuna panted and smiled with her tongue out.

”Huh...that just leaves us..what do you think of...Yerin.”

Yerin was taken aback at how SinB gave her a name that was already hers. She squawked and ran back and forth on her finger. SinB chuckled and kissed her feathers gently.

SinB put her down on a large perch of an open cage. It had everything Yerin could imagine. Toys, so many toys, water, and most importantly, seeds!! Yerin chirped and began to eat the seeds.

The three girls went to the kitchen a bit to bring Yuna and Yewon food. Yerin then quickly made their way towards them who were by the couch.

”We can’t shift to humans...ever again at this point..”

”What if I slip up? Eunha wants a cat! Not a girl!”

”Yeah! Sowon wants me only as a dog!”

”Try to not get too comfortable. You know what happens when we get along with our surroundings, we shift. Be careful okay?”

They nodded and Yerin flew back to her cage/mansion and dove into the container of seeds.

How can they not slip up if they have everything they’ve ever wanted to keep them more than comfortable?