≪2≫

Help! My Pet’s a Human!

“Yerin-ah~ it’s time for a quick bath~”

Yerin slowly waddled towards SinB who was sitting on the living room floor. It’s morning and SinB thought it would be easier to clean her while she’s sleeping.

SinB held out her hands and Yerin placed herself on top of them as SinB brought her closer to her face.

”You’re really pretty SinB...very pretty..”

All SinB could hear was soft chirps but Yerin knew what she was saying and that’s all that mattered to her. SinB stood up carefully and went to the bathroom to clean Yerin up.

”Yuju...please stop harassing my face.”

”How can I when you look like a goddess?”

Yuna whined and cuddled into Sowon’s neck. Sowon pet her black fur as she heard her make a series of noises. 

“You are so gorgeous and beautiful...how did you bring me here out of all the dogs in the universe?”

”You’re probably trying to tell me something...what some food? Is that it?”

”Foods good too..”

Yuna Sowon’s face one more time and she got off of Sowon and jumped down to the floor. Sowon stretched as she got out of bed and walked towards the kitchen with Yuna.

Yewon purred in Eunha’s arms and snuggled more and more into her body. Eunha giggled and kissed her head gently.

”You wanna get out of bed Umji?”

Yewon meowed lowly and Eunha smiled.

”I guess five more minutes will be okay.”

”Yes five minutes will be fine.”

Yewon meowed out and purred as Eunha rubbed her tummy. She closed her eyes and smiled. Then she remembered what Yerin told her. She can’t get too comfortable...Yewon’s probably going to be the first one to shift. Five more minutes won’t cause trouble...right?

 

Yerin was curled up in a small white towel after her bath and began to roll around. SinB picked her up and dried off her feathers. Yerin chirped happily. But then...she immediately stopped, she needed to control herself.

They walked towards the kitchen where Yuna was eating food from her bowl. Yerin rested on a counter and waddled around happily.

Then they heard a shrieking scream coming from Eunha’s room. Eunha was scared to death when she found that her beautiful calico cat, was replaced by a beautiful girl with long brown hair and green eyes that match her cat’s...who’s ..

”Oh my gosh!! Who are you?!”

”H-huh? Oh gosh...um...please calm down...hehe..”

Yewon sat up and covered herself with the blanket. Eunha was stood up and hyperventilating. Yewon looked down.

”Eunha...”

”You know my name?!”

”Because I’m your cat.”

”Huh?! That’s impossible!”

”I’m...an animal shifter...a cat shifter to be specific and I have the ability to turn into a human but...I was hoping to stay as a cat for you...yet look where we are...sorry Eunha..”

”So....are Yuju and Yerin...can they shift too?”

”Uh...”

SinB and Sowon rushed into Eunha’s room to see what was happening and were taken aback by the girl on her bed.

”Eunha...care to tell me who you brought home this time?”

”No Sowon...this is Umji..”

”What?! But she’s a human!!”

”She can shift from a human to a cat and...she accidentally shifted..while we were cuddling..”

”Does that mean...oh gosh I’ll be back...”

SinB said and ran out to Yerin’s cage and held the small sun parakeet in her shaking hands.

”Yerin...can you shift like Umji?”

Yerin was taken aback and flew away from her hands and was petrified about SinB finding out about her. She went towards Yuna.

”Yuna!! They found out!!!”

Yuna sat up straight and when Eunha came in with a human form Yewon...Yuna whimpered and Yerin squawked.

”Are you guys shifters too?”

Sowon asked as she went closer to Yuna and petted her head gently. SinB arrived with towels. She gave one to both of them.

”Um...if you are shifters...can you..shift?”

Yuna whimpered again but Sowon gave her a pat on the head.

”It’s okay sweetie...it’s okay..”

Yuna held her head down as she slowly shifted into her human form. Red shoulder length hair with bangs, hazel eyes that matched with her canine counterpart, and pale skin. Sowon was amazed at how beautiful she was.

”Yuju..?”

”H-hi...Sowon..”

Her voice was velvety and soft. Sowon smiled and covered her more with the towel as she hugged her.

”Yerin...can you shift? Even though it’s gonna be pretty weird for me..”

Yerin grabbed the towel with her beak and slowly changed to a human. Shoulder length brown hair with cropped bangs and milky white skin.

”O-okay...um...just gonna freak out a bit here don’t be alarmed...WHO ARE YOU?!”

“Um...I’m Yerin...your parakeet..”

”WHAT?! Oh gosh..”

SinB leaned on a wall and held the side of her head. She looked towards Yerin and got a good look at her. She was shaking and wrapping herself more and more with the towel, tears were threatening to fall out.

”Yerin...how did you guys end up in a pet shop?”

”W-we escaped...from our abusers...and got c-caught in our a-animal forms and p-put into that p-place..”

SinB felt pity overtake her and kneeled next to Yerin.

”Did I startle you?”

Yerin nodded as she tried her hardest to hold back her tears of regret. They got caught, they’re going to have to go back to their breeders.

”It’s okay...we won’t abuse you, right Sowon? Eunha?”

They nodded and Yuna smiled and Yewon grinned as she looked at Eunha. Yerin bursted into tears. SinB hugged her and gently patted her back.

”It’s okay...it’s okay..”

”Th-they hurt us...a-and b-beat us...”

”We won’t take you back there, now that we know that you hate it...but you guys and the people you’re talking about are secrets right?”

”Y-Yes..”

”Oh gosh...this is like some federal type problem...if the police or government catches you guys, you’ll get taken into experiments..”

”N-no! Please no!!”

Yerin cried harder and soon Yewon began to sob softly as Eunha hugged her tightly. Yuna was shaking in Sowon’s arms.

”We won’t let that happen. We won’t, I promise.”

Yerin held on tightly to SinB’s clothes and cried her heart away. Being relieved and also scared of whats to come.