Chapter III: Aftermath

That Cold Starlight

2018

 

Hey! Who’s in charge of the stage?

Where’s the make-up artist?

It’s almost time! Ya!!!!

 

“You’re almost done, Mr. Jung.” said the hairstylist.

“Ya! You’re not even doing this show so why are you here?”

“So what? Look, JiEun. I am still the star here so— oh! Ouch!” She bumped her head against my chest, I was about to apologized, but reality hits me. What is she doing here?

“Shinhye…” I said softly enough for her to hear.

“And you are?” she asks while raising a brow. She’s still the same Shinhye. “Ah… fan? Sorry, I don’t plan to do some ‘mini’ fanmeeting today.” She said, emphasizing the wornd ‘mini’.

“Sorry.” Jieun mouthed at me, I gave her a reassuring smile that it’s okay. I am not the same guy, 8 long years had passed.

I looked at her from head to toe giving her the coldest look. “You’re not that pretty.” I smirked. “JiEun-ah, let’s go! I’ll treat you lunch later.” I throw my arms around her shoulders and drags her out of the waiting room leaving Shinhye alone.

“Ahhh! This is annoying! You’re not even handsome as well! You ! Pwe!” Her yell can be heard from outside.

“Ohhhh~ Our Yong is a big boy. You’re not being gaga around her anymore huh?” She nudges my sides teasingly.

“She’s not beautiful than she used to. That’s why.” I said while smiling at her.

“Oh, 멋지다! (You’re cool!)” She chuckles while fixing my tie. I’ll be the next one to perform and Jieun became my personal secretary when I entered music industry. I looked at her closely while she’s fixing my loose tie. She’s beautiful, no wonder why Hyojong is so head over heels to her.

“I can see you. What are you looking at?” She said as she continues to fix my tie. I laughed softly and shook my head.

“I just realized that you’ve turned to a fine lady.” I said and messes her hair as I walk towards the centerstage.

--

I’m a loser who loves you
Yes, I’m a misery
To you, I’m a nuisance, I’m an outsider
But in this world, I only need you

Baby I’m only yours oh oh oh
I’m only yours oh oh no
In the end, I’m
In front of love, I’m always a loser ~

“I really like this song, it seems like I was the one who wrote it.” I said while imitating their point dance the shoot dance.

“Pa! Pa! Pa! Pa! Aish!! I keep on messing up.” I stomped my feet and recklessly sits down on the floor. I’m going crazy. I haven’t seen JiEun since Yong’s comeback. He’s really eating too much of her time. I should be the one who hired her!

“Shame on me! Shame on me!” I whispered while hitting my head lightly. Yong’s entertainment should’ve accepted me. I don’t understand why they only accept musically inclined people.

“Hey! I am musically inclined too! My voice sounds very good when I take a bath. I mean, it’s their loss why they didn’t invest on me? Ahhh! I’m really going crazy. You!” Points at my refection on the mirror.

“You’re such an idiot! Ah! What the—” a water bottle hit my head. Who’s that? Ah… why am I even asking? “You? What are you doing here? You didn’t even know how to dance.”

“Shut up. Why? I’m an actress I also use this room, ever since you came here everything became too noisy. Can’t you just get lost?” The nerve of this girl. I never even thought about working with this evil girl.

“Then, you get lost. Bleh!” I threw my sweaty bath towel right in front of her face.

“Yuck! Disgusting!”

Heh! You ruined my mood!

! 왔어? (Hyung, you’re here?)” I greeted them with a wide smile especially when I saw my JiEun. My Vitamin Eun ~

비타민! 너도 왔어? 좋겠다! (My vitamin! You came too? So nice!)” My energy and mood boosted to the highest level! I’m right, I just need Jieun in this world full of Shinhye the evil witch.

“What’s up? Why do you look so gloomy a while ago?” My vitamin asked me, is she worried about me? Ohhh~ I should learn how to act so she’ll ask me every time bwahaha.

“Nah! Just a known evil witch haunted me a while ago and it’s so bad!”

“Ah? Shinhye? She’s at the show a while ago causing a ruckus.”

“S-So you mean, you--” I pointed at Yong and he shrugged his shoulders.

어때? (How did it go?)” I curiously asked.

“Huh? It didn’t really bother me. Hyojong-ah, 8 years had passed by. I’ve got lots of girls with me why would I settle for less?” You can have every woman in this world, but I won’t let you get Jieun! Pshh… I’ve already decided my future with her.

알았어! 알았어! 그만해라! 아이스크림이 사자! (Okay! Okay! Stop! Just buy ice cream!)”

--

“In this lonely world. I tend to be scary and intimidating, until when should I be like this? Until when will I pretend to be strong?”

“You don’t know how lonely am I in this dark world, you don’t know a thing why I turned this way. I have my reason, I don’t want to trust anyone because in the end they’ll leave me hanging. I’m sorry if I may appear rude and ruthless but it’s just my self-defense for those people who tries to hurt me. But, please… I don’t want to lose you. Don’t leave me in my most vulnerable state.” I can’t hold on anymore, my tears were about to fall.

Jisoo hugged my tightly and I lose everything, I didn’t hold back. I cried.

“CUT!”

Oh God, that’s way too easy!

“Wow, Shinhye. You’re doing a great job.” Of course, this is Shinhye you’re talking to. I just smirked at him.

I walked towards Jisoo and runs my index finger on his lips.

“Nice act, oppa. I know you were always this great. What are you doing later?” I asked him in my most charming voice.

“H-hey. Don’t be so touchy, we’re in public.” I don’t care. What Shinhye wants, Shinhye gets.

“So?” I laughed softly and steals a quick kiss on his lips. “Call me, later.”

As I walk away from the set, my heart feels heavy. I don’t know what it is but, this has been bothering me for days even Jisoo cannot ease this feeling and it’s annoying!

--

Chapter 3 is up! Sorry, it took me too much time to post. I have been busy lately because of workshop. I hope you'll enjoy this chapter. I'll reveal more of their personalities and revelations on the next chapters. Stay tuned! Please leave a comment and subscribe! Thank youuu!