Chapter II: The Confession

That Cold Starlight

 

 

 

5 hours earlier…

Ya! Big news! Big news! Yonghwa from Music Club will confess to the Drama queen Shinhye!

No! Girl, not my Yonghwa!

That how dare her flirt with our Yonghwa. Let’s go girls!

“This is it. I am so nervous! I feel sorry for Hyojong and Jieun. But, I have to do it myself.” Why do I sweat so much when it’s cold in here? I’m gonna tell her now, that I love her.

I am standing at the middle of the stage of the Music Lab, there were so many audience. News have ears, they say. I hope it will not reach Jieun and Hyojong. It’s too dark and even though it’s too noisy I still keep hearing my heart beating so fast.

Until, the lights were and I saw her at the front row staring intently at me. I can barely move my body. I think I am running out of breath. My club mates that I talked with started playing. This is the start. I let out a deep breath.

[>] Lee Hongki – 여전히 (Still As Ever)

“I didn’t think it was love
I told myself it wasn’t love
I deceived myself
But my heart kept calling your name

I take one step towards you
Push you one step away
Each time
You grow in my heart,”

I’ve liked her since I started studying here in this university. They say there’s nothing special about her, but why am I so addicted by just the sight of her? Maybe, it's because of that moment. I've seen the side of her that nobody else does.

“… I must be loving you this much
I must be waiting for you this much
Even though it hurts so much
My heart can’t seem to let you go

I think there must be just one love
I don’t think my heart will change
The love that I’ve kept only for you
Now I can finally tell you,”

I closed my eyes, thinking if she’ll accept my confession. I love you, Park Shinhye. I love you that it hurts so much. I wanted to tell you this before we move apart. Please accept my heart. I’ll give you everything.

“… your warm eyes
Your warm love
Flying away farther
But you are still growing up in my heart

I must be loving you this much
I must be waiting for you this much
Even though it hurts so much
My heart can’t seem to let you go,”

I walked towards her and sings my heart out. This is for you. I’m knocking at your heart, please let me in. You make me crazy. You make me want you. All I see is you. All I love is you.

“… I think there must be just one love
I don’t think my heart will change
The love that I’ve kept only for you
Now I can finally tell you
I love you

Sometimes love, at times tears
Even though it’s hard
I love you (I love you)
I love you (I love you)
I only need you by my side,”

I can serenade you like this. Everyday, every night, every minute, every second. I love you.

“… I must still love you
I must still be waiting for you
My brain might be fooled
But my heart can’t be fooled

I think there must be just one love
I don’t think my heart will change
The love that I’ve kept only for you
Now I can finally tell you
I love you.”

I looked at her straight in her eyes and smiled brightly, showing my imperfectly perfect teeth. The audience are murmuring coherently enough for me to understand.

Ya! Yonghwa smiled!

His precious smile. I really love his cute tooth.

What a lucky girl.

안녕하세요! 용화입니다. 신혜선배님사랑해요! 마음을 받아 줄래요? (Annyeong haseyo! I’m Yonghwa. Um… Shinhye sunbaenim… I love you! Will you accept my heart?” I heard different reactions from the crowd but it didn’t bother. What only matters is her answer.

She stood up, “일어나! 바보 같은 놈(Ireona babo kateun nom; Stand up! Stupid man)” So I did, now she walked towards me and raised her brow.

“Are you my fan? You set up this whole event because you want to show others that you’re a fan? Are you perhaps using me for the upcoming battle of the bands?” She said with a slightly intimidating voice.

“You could just ask an autograph if you want.” She rolled her eyes and, took a marker from her bag.

She pulled my jacket down and signed at the back of my white tshirt that I am wearing,

됐어? (Dwaesseo? Is this enough?)” She smirked, I am not joking. Is this a joke to her? I love her since middle school up to know and he took me as a joke?

“L-look. I am saying the truth. I really l--”

“Good show, Yong.” Another familiar voice and figure came into the scene.

“Oh! Oppa!” She smiled brightly at the sight of Jisoo. I clenched my fist and bit my lip. What did I do in my past life to deserve this?

“You’re done now right? Kaja!” She said as she clings on Jisoo’s arm. “And oh, don’t think of confessing again. It’s really disgusting. Your music !”

It feels so surreal. I never knew it would turn out like this. How I wish I could turn back time. People keeps on murmuring and I am not in my right mind to think of it. Hours passed by and I am still standing here in the dark with my broken heart and hope.

I started singing the song I wrote for her. The song that I should sing if ever she’ll accept my heart. But, I guess. It’s useless now.

--

형! 괜찮아? (Hyung! Are you okay?) What happened?” Hyojong asked, while walking like a limp. I

Ignored his question and suddenly burst out laughing.

이거 뭐야? 여자야? (Igo mwoya? Neo Yeojaya?; What’s this? Are you a girl?)” I can’t help but to laugh, laugh to cover the pain.

“Does it suit me? I think I’ll start buying ladies’ sandals from now on. Jieun-ah, thank you for showing me the light.” He talks as if he’s reciting a poem which it made me laugh harder. Aigoo, this kid is really something.

“Psh! How dare you laugh? When you didn’t tell us your plan. Pshhh… AH!”

“Don’t mind him, Yong-ah.” She said while stepping Hyojong’s foot.

“Nah, It’s okay. 미안해, 얘들아! (Mianhae, yaedeura!; Sorry, guys!)” I smiled weakly and told them that I still have to attend my afternoon class, I bid goodbye and instead of going to class. I went home. 2010 is not my lucky year. I hope soon enough she'll see me as a man.

------------

Author's Note: Everyone! Double update for you guys. I might be busy for four days because of a movie filming. But, I promise to update when I get back. I'll show you some real YongShin moment the next time okay? Please do comment and subscribe if you like my story, This is my comeback story after 2 long years that I am not around. I'll see you guys again on the 25th! ^^ Enjoy reading!