Welcome (Back)

The Universe We Looked Upon

"Scoot over." said Johnny to Jaehyun as he sit himself at the cushion chair of their table, facing Haneul. "Of course I know her," He turned to face Jaehyun, who was waiting patiently to hear his answer. 

Could hyung be Haneul's date? But she looked fine, in fact happy. 

"I've known her my whole life," Johnny stated. Jaehyun got even more confused so his nose was all scrunched up, his eyes squinted so much.

"You made it sound so weird." Haneul made a face to Johnny. "We were neighbours." She flashed a smile to the clueless boy.

"So that was the case." He nodded, finally clearing up what he was wondering. Were? 

"Anyway, are you back for good? And why didn't you tell me you were coming this soon?" Johnny had his big pair of eyes staring intently to Haneul. "Can't promise, but I'll be here for some time, for the whole summer perhaps? I've just finished my pre-uni programme," The older boy nodded as he heard the answer to his question. "And for not informing you, I was actually planning a surprise visit!" She quickly explains herself before she is lectured by her neighbour. "Are you sure, Ms Haneul?" Johnny gave her a look, unamused one. The two of them were so engaged in the conversation, Jaehyun almost felt bad to be in the way. "Ah, whatever it is welcome back, sis! Send my regards to Uncle Lee, I missed watching historical dramas with him." Johnny said, before rising from his seat. "Sorry to in your date." He winked to Jaehyun, the younger one giggled awkwardly. "We'll catch up later. You too, Cat!" Johnny added before brushing Cat, leaving the two of them to continue his work. 

"I thought he'll grow to be less crazy but it was the other way around." She remarked, creating a big smile on her date's lips. "So he had always been that way, huh?" He shook his head in amusement. Then it went quiet all of a sudden. "I have quite some amount of questions to ask you." Jaehyun dropped first. "Shoot it," Haneul replied as she took one big scoop of the ice cream and into . 

"How did you know Youngho hyung?" He asked only to receive a confused look plastered on her face. "Huh? He goes by Youngho now?" She questioned back as she stopped scooping her ice cream and start looking at the boy in front of her, his eyes are really nice. "I asked the exact same thing when you called him Johnny! Just where did that came from?" He loosened up a bit. She chuckled in response, and back to digging her ice cream "We called him Johnny because he used to love Johnny Bravo so much. Can't you see his inner Johnny Bravo?" He moved back, resting himself against the cushion chair for a few seconds before having a laughing fit. "He eventually becomes one." 

She smiled, from seeing him having so much fun. "My turn now!"

"Wait- what, I didn't know we were taking turns?" 

"There's no way I'll be the only one answering."

"You didn't even answer my question." He pouted slightly.

"How did you know Johnny?" 

"Fine." He felt a bit defeated but give in any way. "He was my roommate in uni."

"Ooh, and what major is that?" Her eyes twinkle as she looked at him.

What are her eyes so pretty for.

"Uh oh, my turn now!" He jeered back at her. "Why did hyung said 'were' neighbours?"

"Ah that," She paused momentarily, giving attention to Cat who was getting comfortable in the air-conditioned cafe. "Technically, we are still neighbours here, right? His house is just a few walks down the hill from mine." Jaehyun nodded. "But I don't actually live here now. I moved to Osaka when I was 13." She said that much, but he could see the melancholic look in her eyes, reminiscing something, looking out so far, so he didn't say a word at all, letting the silent to envelopes both of them comfortably.

"Oops, it's my turn now, right?" She looked alive once again. "What is your major?" 

"I took medicine." He cooed. "Took? You've graduated?" "Nah, I dropped out." Both of them seems to forget about their turn and just enjoy the conversation. 

Haneul's ice cream cup was long clean, the edge of her lips had some of the dried melted ice cream as she literally gobbled the ice cream, unlike Jaehyun, who did not really live up to his nickname of peachboy, whose cup still had some ice cream that turned into soup. The customers who arrived at the same time as them also left the store. It is no longer afternoon, it is now evening. Cat snores lightly as he curls at Jaehyun's foot. They grew silent but did not had any intention on leaving; she pulled out her sketchbook and starts sketching while the boy was fiddling with his phone. Sneakily, he stole a look at the sketch but was not able to decipher it.

"Have you visited the flower garden here?" His voice brought her back to reality, away from her drawing realm. "Here?" She halted the movement of her pen to converse with him and was replied with a nod. "No. I didn't know they had one. Is it new?" The male nodded for the second time. "Pretty new, like few years ago, but it's quite a sight because not much people know about it." She seemed to be interested and so Jaehyun initiate it by asking if she wanted to go for short walk there before calling it a day. She gave him a big fat smile.

They finally left the store and headed towards their destination.

Along the walk, visitors of all age gather all over the park. Some were playing games, some were exercising, some were enjoying the nature to themselves and suddenly a scene of a man proposing to his partner came into the sea of view for Haneul and Jaehyun. The couple was enjoying their picnic when the man all of a sudden pulled out a ring and knelt before her, the man seemed nervous as he looked away but to his knowledge, the girl was basking in happiness. They both know how the event will eventually turn out. 

After a while they reached a sort of secluded area, where they had mini island with flowers all around. Roses, lots of roses; red, pink, white, and all other colours. It was a sight to behold. 

"This.. this is beautiful." She was unable to form coherent words as she ran around with Cat in the flower garden; embracing the beauty of the moment, before she starts throwing a sneezing fit. Cat was shocked and he  looked to Haneul. "I look and feel awful now." She claimed as she grab a handful of tissues in bag to blow her nose. "Are you alright?" Jaehyun asked her. "I'm actually allergic to rose," She replied as she continuously wipes her nose. "Yikes, I brought you to the rose section since girls usually like it. " He rubs his nape guiltily. "It's fine! I'm the problem here." She waves her hand in the respond to his words. "Do you have any flowers you particularly like, though?" 

Her nose and brows were all scrunched up, as she was feeling not very comfortable, "I do! It's sunflower." 

"Oh, that's new! Too bad there's not much of sunflower here." He stated as they start leaving the garden. She pouted slightly, "It's seriously fine, I love every flowers!" She smiled sincerely. "You do?" He stared at her interestingly "Uhuh." "Wanna join me to work with flowers?" He smirked only to receive questioning look of Haneul. 

He broke into a big smile, looking down as he claps softly, "I am a florist." Her eyes widened up as she gasped, "Cute!" She shouted, making the boy blinked awkwardly. "The job, I mean." Her cheeks grew pink, she knew that, she knew that he could see it, she is bad at hiding her embassment. 

"So... are you up for the offer? There's gonna lots of sunflowers there." He smiled cheekily, revealing deep dimple on his right cheek. "I can't believe you are bribing me with sunflower," She shook her head. "And I might be falling for it." Jaehyun was about to shake hand with her before she cut off his action. "Wait- let me think about it first. I'll tell you. By tonight." 

"Tonight?"

"Tonight."

"I'll wait."

"Very well." She said once again, before suggesting to part ways. "I have a lot to think so I should go back, I guess?" 

"It's been a great day. I'll hear from you, tonight." He smiled sweetly, with a smile that you would never want to dissapoint. 

"Bye to you two!" She waves to Jaehyun and then ran her fingers along Cat's fluffy fur before going away.

 

 

 

"Haneul, I'm sorry for the other day. Got some free time to spare for me?" 

Haneul received a new message from someone.