Chapter 6

Sentimental

Yoongi couldn’t concentrate on his work. He was pissed at Jimin’s manager, at Seokjin for not helping him, at Jimin for not standing up for himself and at himself for being so helpless.

Unlike him, Namjoon and Hyojin were discussing the lyrics for Jungkook’s solo. Yoongi couldn’t blame them. They were paid to do it. So was he and yet he couldn’t bring himself to come up with something. Maybe Seokjin was right and he was far too emotionally invested in all of it.

Suddenly, someone pushed the door open and stormed inside. Yoongi turned around and froze seeing Jimin fuming.

“What the hell did you do?!” all but shouted Jimin.

Yoongi’s jaw dropped. He never saw him like that, hell he never even imagined him angry. Jimin was known as the softest, calmest person in the company. This was something new.

Namjoon and Hyojin exchanged glances and quickly got off their desks not wanting to be present to whatever that was going to happen.

“W-what do you mean, Jimin?” stuttered Yoongi.

“What do I mean?! As if you don’t know what you did to Jungkook!”

Yoongi raised his eyebrows.

“So this is about it? Why are you so angry? I only told him the truth,” said Yoongi calmly standing up from his chair and trying to get closer to Jimin, maybe even to try to sooth him.

Jimin crossed his arms and didn’t move from his place.

“The truth?!,” shouted Jimin, “Whose ing truth?! The boy is currently sobbing and collecting his stuff from our dressing room. He wants to leave our duo. Why the did you say those things to him?”

Yoongi knew that Jungkook didn’t take his words well (who would? He intended to hurt the boy and if one thing is true about Yoongi, It’s that he is an ace at hurting people with words), but leaving the duo, really?

“If it means anything I never told him to leave the group. I just told him that I don’t like him and that he is being selfish. He needed to hear it from someone.”

“And that someone were you?” somehow Jimin sounded angrier every minute, “What the hell Yoongi. Why did you interfere in the first place?”

“Because I care about you!,” Yoongi was also getting angry.

Jimin shouting at his face was the last thing he expected.

“Care? Is this what you call care? I confined in you because I trusted you and I needed to have someone who would listen, but you went and ruined everything. Now the whole company is blaming me for Jungkook’s decision. Is this what you wanted all along? Seems like a weird way of caring about someone!” Jimin sounded chocked.

“B-but why would they blame you?” inquired Yoongi.

“Because, , I’m apparently the famous Suga’s boy toy and when I don’t get what I want, I ask my sugar daddy to take care of my problems!”

Yoongi didn’t know what to say. Was that what it seemed like from the other people’s perspective? That Jimin was the ? He thought that at worst people would hate him for hurting Jungkook, somehow it never came to his mind, that people would blame Jimin instead.

“I never asked for your help! I never told you to take care of me! All I ever wanted was someone to listen to me not up my and my friend’s career. Hope you can sleep well at night knowing that you just ruined both mine and Jungkook’s career.”

With these words Jimin went out slamming the door. Yoongi was standing frozen in his place trying to wrap his head around the events of  that day. His thoughts were rushing and confusing, but one thing was clear to him; he ed up.

 

***

 

With every passing second guilt and anger were chocking Yoongi. Why did he even interfere? Why did he talk to the boy? What was the point? He finally met someone he liked only to lose their relationship  a few days later. Yoongi had it coming. Of course, he was an . He ed up all his relationships. He ed up his relationship with his parents by coming out. Lost his best friend because he couldn’t stop his dumb heart from falling for him, and now he finally met someone who surprisingly liked him back only to ruin the boy’s life in a day.

If there was a competition for the world’s biggest he would have won it with crashing victory.

He needed to fix the mess he created but how? There was no way Jimin would forgive him. That much he knew. He ruined the boy’s trust and turned him into the office for everyone to hate. The least he could do was to fix it. Sure he couldn’t fix the rumors but maybe he could fix his career.

Yoongi forced himself to go and apologize to Jungkook. He had never apologized to anyone in his life and, to be honest, never wanted to but if this would make Jimin hate him less, he would do it.

He was too busy thinking of what to say that he didn’t even notice Seokjin coming from the opposite direction.

“Going somewhere?” asked Seokjin coldly.

Yoongi had never heard that tone directed at him. Today sure had a lot of first times.

“I need to talk to Jungkook.”

“Don’t you think you have said enough?” asked Seokjin crossing his arms on his chest.

“I want to apologize,” earnestly replied Yoongi.

“Fine. Don’t make it worse or I’ll fire you, best producer or not.”

Seokjin told him that Jungkook was still in 307 and went his way. Yoongi deeply sighed and knocked on the door before opening it.

“I have decided. I won’t change my mind Seok…” Jungkook didn’t finish his sentence when I saw that the intruder was Yoongi.

He quickly lowered his eyes and his whole posture seemed so small, so fragile. Damn, just when Yoongi couldn’t feel worse about himself…

“I want to apologize, Jungkook,” started Yoongi.

“There is no need to apologize. You were right. I am a bad person and I don’t deserve to be friends with Jimin hyung.”

Even his voice sounded so weak and small. Yoongi had a lot of things to pay for.

“But I need to apologize. I was too angry when I saw you so I just lashed out on you. I’m sorry. You didn’t deserve to hear it from me. And I’m sure Jimin and you are good friends. He never blamed you for the solo thing, it was just me.”

“But he should have. I always looked up to him. Jimin hyung is nice and caring and very hard working and he took care of me so well. He worked twice as hard as me but I always got more praises than him. I hated that because I felt bad for him. Hyung was always better than me but got discouraged so much that he became over self-conscious. And the worst part was that our relationship changed.  It became worse with the solo. I should have said something, but I kept quiet because it was comfortable in that way. I’m an . He needs a better partner,” Jungkook’s voice sounded strained.

“He doesn’t need a new partner he just needs to work harder,” Yoongi’s stern voice surprised Jungkook, “This whole matter blew out of it’s proportion because of me, because of my feelings for Jimin. Seokjin was right, I wasn’t being professional. You know what the actual professional producer Suga would say? That Jimin needs to get over himself. That getting different opportunities is normal in this industry. That instead of focusing on you, he should have focused on the things he could improve about himself. That his ty boyfriend should have stayed out of it since he was an outsider and knew about this whole matter.”

Jungkook got quiet not really expecting the words he heard. To be honest Yoongi didn’t expect them either. They flew out of his mouth before he even registered them, but he was glad he said it. It was the truth, all of it. His affection towards Jimin was so much and so intense that it blinded him to the whole situation and made him think that Jimin was some damsel in distress who needed his help. Instead Jimin was just someone with whom he could be a whiny baby for some time and that it wouldn’t turn into everyone’s business. Guess Jimin trusted the wrong person.

After a few seconds of chewing on the words, Jungkook softly asked;

“So are you boyfriends?”

Yoongi’s eyebrows shot up.

“I said probably the best and definitely the first apology of my life for you to only get that part?”

Jungkook just shrugged with a soft smile on his lips. it was  a good sign, right? Fine, he would indulge the kid, if only it would make him less miserable.

“Well, we were, kinda? But I ed up and I don’t think he’ll forgive me,” said Yoongi with a sigh.

“Hyung, I’m sure he would. He has those heart eyes every time he talks about you,” said Jungkook nodding his head.

“Hey, I came to mend your broken heart, not the vice verse,” scolded Yoongi with a soft smile, “You are too nice. Sorry for being an . Please don’t leave the duo, every person in this company would come after my and not in the fun way.”

Jungkook chuckled.

“I-um… actually if anyone else said those things, I might have punched them or maybe just gotten a bit sad. But I came to this company because I looked up to you hyung and I wanted to work with you. So when you told me those things…”

“Now you are making me feel worse. What can I do for you to forgive me and forget this whole stupid drama?”

“Treat me to lamb skewers? For a month?” asked Jungkook hopefully.

“That’s it? If I were you, I’d have said give me your most expensive watch or something like that,” joked Yoongi.

“I just want to get treated by my idol and maybe get to know him better, and let him know me better, so he won’t go accusing me of things I didn’t do.”

“That stung but you are right. So you are not leaving, right?”

“Not really. If you and Jimin hyung are okay with me, I’ll very much like to stay.”

“Kid, you really should stop idolizing me so much. I’m a mess. Just last week I went to get some milk from the refrigerator with my phone in my hand, left it there and then went looking for it half an hour. Also you know what, I’ll compose your solo.”

Jungkook’s eyes widened.

“No, no, you don’t have to. It’s…”

“I absolutely have to. Take it as my apology along with the free food. I’ll write the best solo for you and you’d have no choice but to it up and sing it, ok?”

Jungkook beamed at his words. The kid was so cute and likeable, why was Yoongi blind to it?

“Sure thing! Thank you so much,” said Jungkook bowing 90 degrees.

“Just come by our studio so we can decide what you want to sing together. But let’s do it later I need to talk with Jimin, although I’m not sure he’d listen to what I have to say.”

“I can tell him that you apologized and he’ll forgive you I’m sure. Jimin hyung is very understanding,” suggested Jungkook hopefully.

“Thanks for trying to help, but It’s not really about you,” said Yoongi shaking his head, “I ed up on more personal level and our relationship is not strong enough to survive that, I think. After all, we only dated for a week or so. The least I can do is to apologize and hope he will forgive me.”

 

***

 

Yoongi looked for Jimin everywhere. He even went to the boy’s house but he wasn’t there. As Yoongi was hitting his head to his desk murmuring what a stupid jerk he was a, sudden realization came to him. There was only one place Jimin went whenever he felt bad. The dance studio…

 

Yoongi softly opened the door to see Jimin hugging his knees to his chest, sobbing loudly.

“Hi, Jiminie.”