Chapter 5

Sentimental

Yoongi couldn’t believe it was actually happening. He was kissing Jimin. He was kissing Jimin. Even if the angle was weird and he was mostly kissing the corner of his lips, even if his back was ready to snap in half at any point, he wanted to savor every second of it. The gorgeous boy that was resting on his thigh was kissing him back. That was the most unbelievable part. Sure, Yoongi knew that they were somewhere between a friend and something more but they never crossed the line. Until today.

Even if Yoongi didn’t ever want to pull away, he still needed to breathe so he pulled away just enough to gaze at the other’s eyes.

“Took you long enough,” whispered Jimin out of breath.

“Could say the same to you,” added Yoongi softly.

Jimin giggled cutely. Yoongi resumed petting his head.

“You are so pretty.”

“You are not so bad yourself either,” added Jimin cheekily as he winked in the most exaggerated way.

Yoongi chuckled.

“Cute too.”

Jimin did the crescent eye-smile that had Yoongi completely undone. He bent down and kissed him again.

“I’m liking this way too much,” said Jimin breathlessly after Yoongi pulled away.

“That’s good to know since I’m planning to do that constantly.”

“Promise?” asked Jimin cheekily.

Yoongi chuckled, slowly shaking his head.

“What am I going to do with you, sunshine?”

“A lot of inappropriate things, I hope,” replied Jimin winking at him.

Yoongi lightly smacked his chest.

“Can you stop ruining the mood? I’m being all soft and here.”

“Sorry, I get cheeky when I’m flustered.”
“Why would you be flustered?”

“Maybe because the guy I confessed I had the hots for the first time I properly talked to him likes me back?”

“I forgot about that,” lightly laughed Yoongi, “That was really bold of you.”

“Well, I don’t call myself ‘gay disaster’ for nothing. Gotta live up to the name.”

Yoongi leaned back on the sofa and stared at Jimin. Silence had long become the inseparable part of their relationship but neither minded. It was comfortable and soothing.

“Damn, I’m really sleepy,” muttered Yoongi trying to stop his yawn.

“Lay down with me. Let’s sleep.”

How could Yoongi not comply to those eyes? He quickly positioned himself between the back of the sofa and Jimin. Jimin immediately curled his arm around Yoongi’s waist and plastered his body to Yoongi’s. Yoongi put his arm under the boy’s head and started to play with his hair again. Jimin kissed him and this time the kiss wasn’t a simple peck. It was a kiss filled longing and love. Yoongi hungrily kissed back.

“Oh, wow,” breathed Yoongi.

“Sleep now,” muttered Jimin plustering his forehead on Yoongi’s.

“Goodnight Jiminie.”

“Goodnight Yoongi.”

 

***

 

“I mean, this looks so festive. Look at the colors!”

“Are you actually saying Comic sans will look great on wedding invitations? Why were you calling me a walking crime against fashion when you are doing stuff like this?”

The voices became clearer as Yoongi began waking up. He opened his eyes and saw Hyojin working on something on her desk and Namjoon standing beside her.

He groaned and stretched his body. His back was aching from sleeping on the sofa. Was Jimin in the same condition? Jimin… The memories came rushing to him and he couldn’t help the smile that appeared on his face.

“Oh my god, he will kill you,” he heard Namjoon.

“He can’t kill me. That’s not how being a goddess works,” said Hyojin smugly.

“Who is going to kill you?” asked Yoongi standing up.

“You, ironically,” snickered Namjoon.

“And why is that?” inquired Yoongi curiously as he came closer to Hyojin’s desk.

The image he saw on the desk, or rather on the screen woke up Yoongi quicker than any espresso ever could. On the screen was a photo of him and Jimin cuddling on the sofa, sound asleep. Above the photo in Comic sans shrift in rainbow colors was written ‘Gay on’ . To say Yoongi was astonished was an understatement.

“This is the rough draft for your wedding invitations so don’t judge it too roughly. I think it needs more rainbows, what do you think Namjoon?”

Namjoon rubbed his chin pretending to think.

“Yes, definitely. You should also add some hearts over their heads and maybe some unicorns why not?”

Sadly, Yoongi was going to lose his best friends to homicide, such a tragedy.

“WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH YOU DICKHEADS???” shouted Yoongi as he tried to turn of the computer.

Sadly, he was just a short boy living in a tall world. Hyojin and Namjoon easily blocked the computer  simultaneously laughing at him. His hands may have been short but they were strong enough for putting some brats in their place. Soon enough Hyojin and Namjoon were rubbing their aching heads.

“So mean. Wasn’t this supposed to be a violence-free working zone?” asked Hyojin pouting.

“When the did you even take the photo?!” inquired Yoongi completely ignoring Hyojin.

“When I caught you sleeping like a couple of otters, duh. By the way, congrats on getting Jimin. The boy is the cutest thing ever! He woke up when I took the photo and was so flustered. He practically run off from here at light speed.”

“He really is the cutest thing ever!! I saw him in the lift, he was so red I thought he had a temperature. He couldn’t even reply when I asked him if he was okay. Poor guy,” cooed Namjoon.

Yoongi just rubbed his face trying to think what he had done to deserve these two.

“Why can’t you guys for once behave like normal people?”

“But we are! We are celebrating the fact that our best friend Mrs Ice hermit is finally in love with someone. We are even helping you organize your wedding. You are so ungrateful,” tsked Hyojin.

“So uncivilized. Maybe we can show this to Jimin. At least he has some manners to thank us for the hard work we have done,” suggested Namjoon.

“That’s it, you are going down s!”

Yoongi took the phones which were right in front of him and rushed to the toilet. Hyojin and Namjoon chased after him. Soon the trip was on the floor tired of running and fighting for the phones.

“Weren’t we supposed to work here?” asked Namjoon.

Hyojin and Yoongi shrugged simultaneously.

“On a serious note though, Yoongi, we are very happy for you. You deserve to be happy,” said Namjoon suddenly.

“Jimin seems nice,” added Hyojin.

“He really is,” Yoongi couldn’t even control his smile.

He was happy.

Hyojin whistled.

“I knew it was serious, but I didn’t know you were already so whipped.”

Yoongi just nudged her not even bothering to lie; the fact was he was really whipped for Jimin.

 

***

 

It has been a week since their first kiss. Yoongi rarely had chance to see Jimin now. He had to work hard on the boys’ album. Jimin, on the other hand, had some shooting for a cf so they only met for some short moments and they were usually surrounded by other people, so they tried to keep it lowkey. A few smiles here, a few pecks there.

Finally they were done with the first song from the album. Which for Yoongi meant one thing; he could see Jimin for longer than 10 minutes.

He tried to fix his hair to look at least a bit presentable. He hadn’t slept the last 32hours and had enormous bags under his eyes so the least he could do was to take a shower and fix his hair. He pretended he couldn’t see his so-called best friends looking at each other and snickering behind their hands. They were such kids sometimes.

The door opened and the duo stepped in. If Jungkook noticed the trio pay special attention to Jimin, especially Yoongi, he pretended he didn’t.

Yoongi tried to be as professional as he could, but still didn’t miss the opportunity to brush his fingers against Jimin’s as he handed him the lyrics. Jimin blushed lightly. Namjoon snorted but as soon as he saw Yoongi glaring, pretended to cough. What an .

The recording went okay until the manager came.

Jimin was finishing up his part, when the manager came.

“So, how is the recording going?” he asked.

“Pretty well. Jimin has a small part to record and then it’s our job,” replied Namjoon professionally.

“Good, good,” nodded the manager, “So since we are done with this song, you should start working on Jungkook’s solo.”

With those words Yoongi noticed Jimin stiffing in the recording room. The microphone was on so he could hear everything. The others in the room also stiffened. The manager, however, seemed to not have noticed the change of the atmosphere in the room.

“Why aren’t you guys saying anything?”

Hyojin and Namjoon looked at each other. They knew Jimin’s situation and also knew Yoongi’s attitude to it. They didn’t know what to do.

“I still think it’s only fair that Jimin gets a solo as well,” calmly said Yoongi turning around in his chair, facing the manager.

“Namjoon and Hyojin looked at each other again. They knew that tone. Whatever was going to happen there, it wouldn’t end well.

“It’s nice that you care so much about Jimin, but it’s not a matter of fairness. We need to give the audience what it wants.”

“So you think the audience doesn’t want Jimin?” asked Yoongi coldly.

Namjoon came closer to Yoongi’s chair in case he needed to keep him from attacking the manager.

“I just think, that as their manager, I have the right to make decisions concerning them. Do not recall you having the same power,” replied the manager smiling coldly.

Yoongi wanted to punch the manager, and he would have, if Namjoon hadn’t pushed him down with his hands.

The tensions in the room could be cut with a knife. Hyojin was frozen in her place eyes going between Yoongi and the manager. Namjoon had his hands on Yoongi’s shoulders.  Yoongi was seething with rage. Jungkook had sunk low in the sofa as if trying to pretend he wasn’t there. The manager was staring at Yoongi with cold eyes.

Luckily for everyone, Seokjin entered the room and begun animatedly asking about the recording. His obliviousness to the atmosphere of the room made everyone go back to their jobs.

 

 

Suddenly Yoongi stood up and asked to talk to Seokjin separately. Jin raised his eyebrows but still told Yoongi to follow him to his office.

“Is this about Jimin?” asked Seokjin as soon as he closed the door of his office.

“How did you know?” asked Yoongi instead.

“Well, for starters you were quiet passionate about Jungkook getting a solo. Secondly do you honestly think I don’t check the surveillance cameras of my own company?”

Yoongi paled.

“You mean…”

“I mean that I know that you and Jimin have got something going on and although I’m very happy you are finally seeing someone, I’m still angry at you.”

“Why would you be angry? It’s not like we were ing in the building or something.”

“I’m pissed that you are letting your personal emotions get better of you,” said Seokjin with uncharacteristic seriousness.

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows.

 “I don’t think Jungkook getting a solo is unfair to Jimin just because I like him.”

“But that’s exactly what you are doing. You never interfered in these matters before. How many sub-groups and soloists we had? Did you think that them getting their own songs was also unfair?”

“Because…”

“Because you weren’t in love with them. Look, Yoongi,” continued Jin sighing, “I know that Jimin means a lot to you and you can’t even imagine how happy I am that you are finally moving on from Hoseok and don’t give me that look, I only pretend to be oblivious. What I am saying, is that that it’s great that you are in a relationship but don’t mix it with your professional life. This whole industry is unfair. Some train for years and never debut, some can’t sing but make more money than you and I both could ever have. Jimin not getting a solo is not the end of the world. He is talented, I’m sure in near future he would get one.”

“But he needs it now!,” Yoongi couldn’t control his emotions anymore, “You weren’t there when he was sobbing his heart out and telling me how useless he felt. You weren’t drying his tears while he was telling me the things he went through because you all thought Jungkook was better than him. What have you seen in that kid anyways?!”

Seokjin looked taken aback. He never saw Yoongi express emotions with this intensity. He really was in love.

“Yoongi, I understand, I really do, but it’s really not that big of a deal. And don’t even pretend that this has nothing to do with your feelings for him, because it has everything to do with them. Now please, go and collect yourself. You have an album to finish.”

Yoongi was astonished. He and Seokjin have been friends for years and somehow he was sure he would help him, but instead Seokjin was taking the manager’s side. Yoongi felt betrayed and angry. He left the office not forgetting to slam the door.

On his way back he saw Jungkook. The boy froze for a second seeing Yoongi’s state. He came up to the seething producer.

“Yoongi hyung…”

“ off, Jungkook. Just because everyone in this goddamn company is kissing your doesn’t mean I want to.”

Jungkook’s eyes widened as he stared at Yoongi with horror and shame.
“B-but… Yoongi hyung…”

“It’s Yoongi-ssi to you… Although you know what, don’t call me anything. Don’t ever talk to me. I don’t want to have anything to do with a two-faced who keeps digging under his partner’s feet,” at this point Yoongi was no longer controlling what he was saying.

“But I’m not digging!,” tried to argue Jungkook, “I-I didn’t want the solo, I…”

“Then why have I never heard you say that? If you actually cared for Jimin, even just a tiny bit, you would have said something. Instead you are keeping quiet while you see you friend suffer because of your manager. Although, I can hardly call you Jimin’s friend.”

Jungkook looked like he was on the verge of tears. Yoongi was so mad at the boy that not even for one second he felt bad for making the boy cry.

“I swear I’m his friend and I care about him, but…”

“Shove your excuses up your and try to stay away from me or else you’d regret,” threatened Yoongi, as he harshly pushed the boy and went his way.

Something deep down in Yoongi was regretting everything he said as soon as he calmed down a bit.