Back To School

New Game

Nayeon was excited to finally be going back to work, she loved the week off she had. The time spent getting to know Wooyoung and all of them becoming comfortable with each other but Nayeon has worked her entire life so any more time off and she was going to get really ansty. getting dressed after sending off her wife and the two kids, she set out Titans food, grabbed her car keys and set off to work. 

 

Soon as Nayeon walked into the building and as soon as she got on the floor she was handed files by the marketing team, "We have a new project coming soon, a meeting to discuss will be held at 11am, glad to have you back Nayeon" the woman handing her the files said in a bright tone with an equally bright smile and then kept walking off to her office. Nayeon felt a sense of ease and confidence come over, "glad to be back" she said more to herself as she walked into her office setting down the files, sitting down and opening her laptop about to open the files to read up on the new upcoming project she had a knock on her door. Jihyo stood at her door, leaning against the door frame posing ily, her hair in a short blonde Bob, wearing a peach pink suit with a white button up. 

 

"Oh my god! Your hair!!" Nayeon exclaims as Jihyo continues to walk into her office while walking like a model and posing some more.

 

"Whaddya think? Like it?"

 

"I leave for one week and you have a makeover without me!!" Nayeon says in fake anger as she gets up to hug her friend and take a closer look at the hair.

 

"They had a sale on this dye and Mina and I jumped on the chance immediately" Jihyo said, sitting down after the hug and the hair inspection, showing Nayeon pictures of her and Mina both rocking blonde hair now. They caught up on what's been going on in their personal lives, Nayon telling Jihyo about Wooyoung amd showing her a picture of the boy.

 

"Oh goodness me he's so cuteee!!!! Tell me hows that going, been just one week, is it uncomfortable ooor?"

 

"The first today's were really uncomfortable, I think if it wasnt for Sungjae he wouldn't have inched out of his shell one bit. Hes still super shy but its more comfortable now."

 

"I'm sure, little kids have a way of doing that. Now Nayeon, I  have something important I need to talk to you about-" 

 

"Is it about the new project, I'm all ears CEO Park!" Nayeon saluted and began to finally open the files, ready to jump into her work and this project when her phone rang just as Jihyo was about to speak. Looking down she saw it was the school calling, 'that's weird' 

 

"Jihyo, I'm sorry it's the kids school I have to take this." 

 

"No worries, let me know if something's wrong or something."

 

-


 

Wooyoung was a bit nervous about going back to school, he doesnt have a tough time academically but socially it's another story. He doesnt have any friends and kids can be cruel, especially because of his situation, he gets called things like stray mutt, homeless kid and gets mistreated by his peers and excluded. It didn't help that before his uniform was never clean enough no matter how hard he tried, it was old and tattered. The new uniform Jeongyon and Nayeon got him almost feels weird on him, its clean and new and he smells like vanilla and lavender because of the lotion Nayeon bought him that shopping trip. It was nice, but he was sure he would still hear someone's mouth, he sat in the backseat as Jeongyeon drove then all to school, sungjae next to him in his carseat passed out holding a kids tablet. He was lost in thought when Jeongyeon spoke, looking st him through the rearview mirror, "You should try taking a nap too Wooyoung, waking up early is never easy"

 

"I'll try, bit anxious…" 

 

"Hey it'll be alright, you can take it easy today and if you need anything I'll be around alright?"

 

Wooyoung nodded and leaned his head against the window and dozed off and next thing he knew they were in school. So far everything had gone alright, classes were normal, he saw Jeongyeon and Sungjae sometimes in the hallways when the classes would switch room and such and then it was lunchtime and recess. There's where his day went south, 3 older boys from his class cornered him while he was sitting on bench, face in his new sketchbook. 

 

"What do we have here? Seems like homeless boy finally took a shower" the boy leading the other 2 and standing on the middle of them said as he slapped Wooyoung's book out of his hand and the other grabbed him the collar.

 

"What's this? New clothes? Oh did you finally get adopted??? I wonder who are the idiots that are gonna kick you out next." The boys snickered as Wooyoung flinched and tried to get himself out of the boys grasp. 

 

"Leave me alone, just leave me alone!" 

 

"Dont think so, I'm sure these new rich parents of yours gave you some allowance, give it up idiot!" The boy said lifting his fist in a threatening manner. That's when Sungjae ran up, long hair bouncing as he excitedly made his way to Wooyoung, not really seeing what was going on.

 

"Hyung, mom gave me 2 chocolates!! One for you one for me…" the little boy trailed off as he got closer and realized what was happening. The boys all laughed and Wooyoing began to glare at them, Sungjae needed to get out of here, he didn't want anything to happen to the boy. 

 

"Look, I dont have an allowance or anything like that so leave me alone! Just go!" Wooyoung yelled finally pushing the boy off and getting in front of Sungjae a bit. 

 

"All those fancy new clothes, new books dont mean anything, they'll never want you and you'll never be this kids Hyung." the leader now spoke up with vemon in his voice as he picked up the sketchbook and began to rip it. Before Wooyoung had a chance to react Sungjae gave a strong shove to the older boy that knocked him off balance a bit.

 

"Ya! Leave my hyung alone!! You're just bullies!!"

 

"Oh seems this little one is just as much of a savage mutt as you are huh?" The older boy said as he reacted by kicking Sungjae down, the boy fell over landing on his hands but his face falling to the ground and when he looked up again, Wooyoung saw the scrape on the boy's face, tears welling up in his eyes and his tiny hands also had scrapes too. Wooyoung saw red and jumped at the boy.

 

-

They were eventually separated and he was taken into the principal's office along with Sungjae, Wooyoung had wiped the little boys tears and the teacher who had separated the fight had cleaned Sungjaes hands and face, putting a band aid over the scrape. As he sat there being lectured by the principal he began to get even more anxious and then when they said they're calling Nayeon he couldn't stop the tears, 'oh god oh god they're gonna hate me, Sungjae got hurt because of me, what if they kick me out or decide to hurt me like Sungjae was hurt oh god'.  He thought to himself, yelling at himself for letting this happen

 Sungjae saw Wooyoung's tears and quickly went to hug the boy who only seemed to tense and cry more. And when Wooyoung saw Nayeon through the glass doors of the office speed walking towards ot he began to hyperventilate. 

 

That's how Nayeon found the two kids, Wooyoung having a full blown panic attack in the principal's office while Sungjae hugged him gently.

 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I'm back!!! Kinda, I've really had so much going on and I want to thank anyone who had patiently amd impatiently waited for an update, and all of those who asked me to update and commented. It pushed me to update cuz I knew people were waiting and wanted this update. I'll be trying my best to update, albeit sometimes the updates will be slow, sometimes they'll be consistent. Missed you guys and I missed this story, thank you for reading and I hope you guys liked it. As always feedback is greatly appreciated, hope you're all well!!!! ♡