Settling In

New Game

Nayeon felt a lot lighter after the shopping trip with Wooyoung, a lot if the initial awkwardness was gone. Nayeon had asked for the week off to be able to help Wooyoung adjust but now that they were home she didn't know what to do. After opening the door and stopping at the foyer to take off their shoes wooyoung shot off, bag from the art store in his hands. Nayeon smiled watching him run up the stairs, their dog hot on his trail. She picked up the bags from the mall and a second later Wooyoung was running down the stairs.

 

“Sorry! Sorry! I just got too excited” the boy mumbled with a sheepish smile, taking the bags from Nayeon’s hand. Nayeon picked up the rest if the bags and told Wooyoung to follow her. They entered the guest room he was staying in and set the bags down in front of the drawers and closets.

 

“Alright buddy, let's make this room your own” Nayeon said, opening the closet doors and moving Jackson's clothes to the side. “What do you mean?” Wooyoung looked at her confused, she passed him a bag telling him to put those in the empty drawers and he complied.

 

“Well, this room is practically empty, just a bed, and the necessities. So we're going to decorate a bit, make it feel Yours.”

 

“Oh”

 

-

 

That's how Jeongyeon and Sungjae found them, struggling to put glow in the dark stars on the roof. Jeongyeon looked around the room, a laptop, and a small speaker now sat on the desk, decorated with different marvel figurines, in the bookshelf portion of the desk two sketchbooks were leaning against each other neatly. The room looked more lively, like someone actually lived in it and it made Jeongyeon's heart swell, she finally cleared to get their attention.

 

A startled Nayeon tripped off the bed and Sungjae quickly went to hug her and their dog to her face, Wooyoung and Jeongyeon locked eyes and they began to giggle. She helped him off the bed and telling him she loves what he's done with the place which was met with a shy thank you, then she finally helped Nayeon to her feet placing a chaste kiss to her lips.

 

“How about, after Sungjae is done with his Homework, and you two interior designers wash up we order in and have a movie night?”

 

“Yes! Incredibles One and Two!!!” Sungjae cheered, running out of the room and dragging his book bag, excited to get his Homework done. They left Wooyoung on his own Nayeon telling him that now he can put in his own clothes before leaving him alone. The two women held hands and walked to their room, Nayeon plopping down onto the bed face first, and Jeongyeon sitting down to take off her socks.

 

“How was it today? Super awkward?” Jeongyeon asked, laying down and propping her head up on her hand, running the other through Nayeon's hair. Nayeon turned her head and smiled lazily.

 

“It was awkward at first, but we got to know each other and he opened up a bit.”

 

“Yeah, what did you learn?”

 

“His favorite color is green, loves outer space, believes in aliens, he prefers Brazilian Jazz over any other Jazz and he really really loves art and nature.”

 

“Hmm, do you think he would like star wars?” Jeongyeon asked, receiving a weak slap to her forearm.

 

“Nerd.” Nayeon said through a yawn.

 

“But your Nerd?”

 

“My favorite and only Nerd.”

 

-

 

Wooyoung expected this week to be all around awkward and socially exhausting but it was the opposite, he didn't know how to explain it but he felt comfortable, like things were falling into place. He was expecting the worse but that never came, instead he was met with Star Wars Marathons with Jeongyeon as the woman explained everything he didn't understand to him, reciting her favorite lines as they watched the movies.

 

Nayeon would take him and Sungjae out to the nearby park, Sungjae with his small camera, Nayeon with her own professional camera and Wooyoung with his sketchbook. She'd let him sit leaving the thermo of coffee and hot chocolate with him and her and Sungjae went off to take pictures and he drew whatever he pleased. After a while they would come back Sungjae showing him all the pictures he took and Wooyoung would show him his drawings.

 

At home they would have game nights, Hide and Seek, Pillow forts and Smash bros gaming sessions where Wooyoung and Nayeon were never able to win. He enjoyed it all, eating, and playing together. He was starting to feel like he belonged. It scared him but he never wanted to let go of this feeling.

 

-


 

The week off finally came to an end which was met with applause from Nayeon as she waited for him down stairs with Sungjae’s Polaroid camera. She was going on about how cute he looked in his uniform and asking him to pose, he clutched his bookbag straps and gave an awkward smile, which was met with ‘aaaws’ from Nayeon and an eye roll from Jeongyeon. Sungjae came down the stairs and posed next to Wooyoung letting Nayeon take one last picture before Jeongyeon told them that they had to go. Excited to finally go back to work Nayeon kissed them all goodbye, walked them out causing Wooyoung's ears and cheeks to go red with embarrassment. He could get used to this though.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Another update, yay! Lol 

I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter, it's short and  feels a bit like a filler doesn't it? They're all starting to get used to each other and becoming comfortable and it's adorable. Anyways, as always feedback is appreciated so lemme know what y'all thought, much love.