New beginnings

New Game

  

Sungjae was standing in the middle of the garden, as his grandpa fixes his tie. Today's the day where they celebrate being a family his moms had told him. He likes that the party is being held in such a pretty place, the flowers and trees were very pretty.

 

"All done son, go on and see your mommy ok?" Grandpa Yoo said brushing off his suit and stood up.

 

"Thank you, grandpa!" Sungjae said, giving him a quick hug and running off to see his mommy. He made his way across the garden and into the room where his mommy was waiting, she was with his aunts and grandma.

 

"Mommy! You look so pretty!!" He said, his mommy was dressed in a beautiful white dress that wasn't fluffy like his mom's. All the women turned their heads to look at him and instantly started cooing.

 

"Oh bunny you're the handsomest guy here tonight," Jeongyeon told him as she picked him and posed for pictures that her mom and sisters were taking.

 

"Hey what about your old man here? Am I not one of the handsomest?" They looked at the door and Jeongyeon's dad was walking in.

 

"Nope, my little bunny is the handsomest" she said as she stuck her tongue out at her dad. Her dad laughed putting up his hands in mock surrender. At that moment there was a knock on the door, and her best friend Chaeyoung stood there.


 

"Hey, uuhh your wife to be is apparently very emotional and crying right now." Chaeyoung said, an awkward smile on her face, not sure how Jeongyeon would take the fact that her wife is crying on their wedding night. To her surprise she only laughed, setting Sungjae down and whispering something in his ear. The boy set out the door making his way to the other side of the garden where his other mom is. He stopped to admire the cake, he was about to put his finger into the frosting when someone called his name.

 

His 3 uncles were standing there calling him over, they stopped him to take pictures and let him go but not before telling him that he looks good. He stood dazed for a few seconds until he remembered what he was supposed to do, he started running again. He bumped right into someone's legs, he looked up to see Mina.

 

"Sungjae! Where you headed so fast?" she asked as she kneeled down to his level.

 

"Going to see mom" he said taking this chance to breathe, his small legs could only take him so far.

 

"Hey, well it turns out I'm on my way over there too, want me to take you?" She said opening her arms to carry the boy and he gladly accepted. When they walked into the room, he saw his mom and auntie Jihyo crying. His mom was crying so much that her own bunny teeth were visible and eyes closed, tears streaming down her face.

 

"Mom!" He called out to her as Mina set him down. She stopped crying and looked at him but then began sobbing again while carrying Sungjae. Sungjae allowed her to carry him and hugged her, hoping he could help her feel better. Finally, Sungjae remembered what he was here for.

 

"Mom, mommy said to stop crying and come marry her before her feet gets cold." he said to his mom as he held her cheeks in his small hands. The people in the room laughed, Nayeon finally wiping her own tears and sniffled.

 

"Okay," she said with a sigh, finally calming herself down, letting Sana redo her make up.

 

"Ladies, can I have a moment please?” A deep voice came through the room and standing by the door was Nayeon's dad. Everyone smiled saying sure and went out of the room taking Sungjae with them. Her dad stood behind Nayeon’s chair and both of them made eye contact through the mirror.

 

"Sweetheart, I think you've shed enough tears for now don't you think?" Nayeon laughed and nodded turning around to face him, 'No more crying until the reception. Keep it together, Nayeon' she thought to herself. Her dad began speaking again.

 

"As a father, I've only had 3 dreams, in no particular order. One was to see you become happy, comfortable and successful. And I'm so thankful to have been able to see that happen for you." He said, his voice becoming a bit shaky, eyes watery. He took a hold of her hands and held back his tears and Nayeon did the same.

 

"The other one was to have a grandkid, and you've given me the most wonderful grandkid I could ever ask for. And the third is to see you get married to a kind, genuine person who loves you and that girl out there is all that. To walk you down the aisle, and I know that's been a dream of yours too. So, let's not keep that girl waiting anymore and help each other fulfill our dreams." He extended his arm for her to wrap her hand around, instead she tackled him into a hug.

 

"Thank you, dad, for everything. I love you." She said her voice muffled as her face was buried in his chest.

 

"Anytime bunny, thank you."

 

-

 

The two women cried as they exchanged their vows, but Jeongyeon couldn't help but laugh at her wife's crying face earning her a hit on the shoulder and a chuckle from the audience. Sungjae brought them the rings and didn't leave their side like he was supposed to but they didn't mind, putting on the rings on each other.

 

"By the power invested in me, I pronounce you Wife and Wife. You may now kiss the bride" The moments the words left the man's lips Nayeon's both hands on Jeongyeon's cheeks and kissing her deeply.

 

Jeongyeon's laughing into it, and maybe crying a bit, so she’s making it kind of difficult to kiss her properly, but Nayeon knows that they’ll do that plenty later on.

 

-

 

The sun was starting to set, painting the garden gorgeous oranges and reds, coating Nayeon's face in a warm layer of light. She looks beautiful, so ing pretty, Jeongyeon can’t believe she gets to see this for the rest of her life. She looks around the room and they're surrounded by family and people that they love. She sees her son between Jackson and Wonpil. A squeal coming out of his lips as his uncles swung him around. Jeongyeon walks up to her wife who was talking to her best friends and mom, wrapping her hands around her wife's waist and planting a kiss on her temple before joining in the conversation.

 

They eat and they dance and Nayeon kisses Jeongyeon every single chance she gets — because she can. Everyone congratulates and wishes them well and to have fun on their honeymoon and Nayeon really, really struggles to believe that this is truly her life. She can’t believe that she married Jeongyeon as she didn't think she should allow herself to fall in love with anyone when her priority was her son. Once she started letting herself open up, Jeongyeon fit right in. So right, that they’re married now.

-

“Hey, baby. Wanna come slow dance with me? They’re playing that dumb, old song that your parents requested be played at some point in the evening about not liking dancing but doing it anyway.” Nayeon says grabbing Jeongyeon’s hand.

 

Jeongyeon was dancing with Sungjae, but Nayeon tugging on her arm made it impossible for her to say no. “Bunny, I’m very sorry but I’ve got to take mommy away for about three minutes. You can have her back as soon as I’m done with her”

 

Sungjae smiles up at her releasing Jeongyeon's hands immediately and bowing dramatically like what he's seen on tv, he's instantly swept up into Jihyo's arms and his squeals of joy can be heard as they walk away.

 

“I don’t think this is a dumb song,” Jeongyeon says thoughtfully, threading her fingers in the hair at the nape of Jeongyeon's neck. “I think it’s sweet.”

 

Nayeon laughs softly, leaning into Jeongyeon when she presses her lips to her cheek. “I don’t dance, but here I am, spinning you ‘round n ‘round in circles,” Jeongyeon sings softly, lips by her ear.

 

Nayeon still thinks the song is a little corny, but it’s kind of hard to hate it when Jeongyeon's singing it so softly, so sweetly, into her ear on their wedding day. Neither one of them can believe it, they’re both so awestruck. Jeongyeon kisses her on the mouth as the song ends, slow and sweet, and she pulls back with a grin.

 

“I should go find Sungjae again. And at some point, we should make the thank you rounds.” Jeongyeon says, trying to pull her head back to prevent Nayeon from getting to her lips again. “Stop kissing me, we’ll get plenty of time for that later.”

 

“Time for that for the rest of our lives,” Nayeon says, eyes wide. Jeongyeon laughs and grants Nayeon one more kiss before she escapes her grasp and goes back to find her son to make sure he doesn't feel neglected.

 

-

 

After they’ve said a farewell to all of their guests and given their family extra long goodbye hugs, their parents telling them to have fun in Europe, making sure to give Sungjae extra love as they won't see him for three days, Jeongyeon and Nayeon then made their way out to the parking lot.



 

-

 

They got out of the car and went inside of the hotel to the front desk. “Hello," Jeongyeon smiles warmly at the woman behind the desk. “We’ve got a reservation, should be under Im Yoo Jeongyeon”

 

“Oh! You’ve booked the honeymoon suite! I assume you’re the two that had just gotten married, then?”

 

“Yeah, that’s us.” Nayeon laughs.

 

“The room is all ready, here are your keys. Someone will be down here all night if you ever need anything.”

 

“Thank you so much,”Jeongyeon replies, taking the keys before Nayeon can.

 

In the elevator, they kissed against the wall because it’s late and they’re alone and they can. “I love you so ing much.” Nayeon murmurs.

 

As soon as they’re in the hotel room, Nayeon drops face down on the bed and doesn’t entirely plan on picking her head up at all for the rest of the night. “Oh, baby.” Jeongyeon laughs softly, rubbing Nayeon’s back. “Are you really that tired?”

 

“Yes, love. I’m exhausted. And, you know I want to you, because I always do. I want to you and I want you to me and I’d love to just make endless, long, married love for hours tonight but I’m so ing tired.”

 

Jeongyeon bends down, kissing her head. “I’ll go run us a bath, then. You can wash the day off.”

 

“Never wanna wash this day off. Was the best day of my life. Besides, like, Sungjae being born.”

 

Jeongyeon smiles softly, then treks to the ensuite without saying anything else. Nayeon hears the tub running and Jeongyeon comes back out a few minutes later, wearing only her underwear. She drops her clothes on the bed and puts a hand on Nayeon’s shoulder. “Come on, love.”

 

“Undress me.” Nayeon demands cutely, rolling onto her back. Jeongyeon laughs at her, but straddles her waist and starts undoing the straps of her dress. She drags the dress down and tosses it into the pile with her.

 

“Come on, love. Get up.” Jeongyeon says, standing up again. “Bath’s gonna run cold the longer you take.”

 

Nayeon gets up and walks to the bathroom. The water is perfectly warm and there’s a bucket of champagne sitting next to it, complimentary with the suite.

 

“Here, babe,” Jeongyeon says gently, handing Nayeon a flute of champagne. “Gonna let me join you in there?”

 

Nayeon nods immediately, sitting up and leaving Jeongyeon enough room to slide in behind her. Once she's in, Nayeon settles her back against her chest. She rests her forehead in the crook of Jeongyeon's neck, inhaling deeply. “I love you so ing much.”

 

Jeongyeon kisses her temple, and Nayeon feels her break out into a grin. “I love you too”

 

“Sorry, I’m too tired to do anything.” Nayeon apologizes, again, and that probably won’t even be the last time.

 

“Shush it's alright, babe. We can order room service and get drunk off this lovely, expensive champagne, and that’s fine by me.”

 

Nayeon laughs, taking a sip from her champagne. “No, it’s not. You wanted to get laid tonight.”

 

“Maybe. But I am getting laid by you every single night for the rest of our lives, if you allow me so I’m sure we’ll make up for it.”

 

“The rest of our lives. I like the sound of that.” Nayeon hums contentedly, kissing Jeongyeon's neck. She laughs softly, lips resting against Nayeon's temple.

 

“Time’s our flight?”

 

"7 am, but don't stress, I've got 3 alarms set," Jeongyeon said cheerfully. Nayeon smiled, tomorrow she'll be on a flight to Europe with her wife, she’ll get to wake up next to her, watch her son grow up with someone who loves them both, she couldn't be any happier.



 

-

 

One Year Later

 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon were in the living room, cuddled up on the couch with their husky Titan at their feet. It was the middle of November and the weather was "acting crazy" as her wife put it, and she couldn't help to agree as she saw the flurry of snow through the window. She's starting to wonder if they should've sent their son to school.

 

"Hey, babe do you think I should pull a Mr. Feeny and be Sungjae's teacher for the rest of his life?" Jeongyeon asked Nayeon.

 

"Now that I think about it, I can't be the only one that finds it weird that he even managed to be their teacher in college right?" Nayeon said suddenly sitting up, surprising Jeongyeon.

 

"You sound like you've given this some thought," she said while laughing.

 

"Well, I'm just saying-"

 

Their conversation got cut off by the ringing of a phone, Jeongyeon realized it was hers.

 

"Hello? Yes this is her"

The voice of a man came through the phone. "Well we have you here on the foster care files and the thing is we've got a kid that urgently needs a place to stay."

 

"Oh..."

 

"There was a fire at his previous foster home so all the kids that were there are getting relocated, your home seems to be the closest to his school and we're trying to give the kids normality"

 

"If you'd just give me a second then...Yeah ok." Jeongyeon sets her phone on mute and puts its down. She looks up at Nayeon who was looking at her expectantly.

 

"That was the local precinct-"

 

"Oh my god is it Sana again?"

 

"What! No! And what do you mean by again? Ugh, we're getting sidetracked!"

 

"Ok sorry go on."

 

"So remember how we signed up to be foster parents cuz we're looking into adoption? Well they've got a kid who urgently needs a home and we fit all the criteria needed and they're asking if we could take him in for a while, I won't do anything you don't agree with though"

 

They had decided that they wanted another kid, not wanting Sungjae to grow up alone, and signing up to be foster parents made the adoption process easier so now, here they are.

 

"Did they say urgently?" Nayeon asked looking at her seriously.

 

"Yeah, there was a fire and-"

 

"Well why are we still sitting here, do you see how it is out there today? That poor kid must be exhausted."

 

Nayeon was already up on her feet and grabbing her coat, Sungjae was due home in about two hours so they'd have plenty of time to pick up the kid. Jeongyeon grabbed her coat and an extra jacket. 'If it was a fire, the kid might've not been able to grab a jacket' she thought to herself as she followed her wife out the door.

 

They got in the car made their way towards the precinct. Jeongyeon held Nayeon's hand up to her lips and gave it a kiss while her other hand held the steering wheel. She felt her heart swell at the thought of her wife being so selfless and ready to open up their home, she was thinking the same thing the moment she had been told the child needed a home. She glanced at her wife fondly one last time and kept her eyes on the road while feeling nervous as they pulled up to the precinct.

 

Another new beginning awaits

 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Woooh! I'm back and with a lengthy 1st chapter. At least I think it's lengthy idk how y'all feel lol. This story is a sequel to Crayons, so you should go read that first if you stumbled upon this story before reading that. Or don't, I guess it could be read without reading the 1st story. Anyways, I'll update as best as I can, updates might get slow every now and then cuz life happens and i get writers block so bear with me. As always feedback is appreciated so lemme know what y'all thought, thank you much love and hope you enjoyed the first chapter.