Welcome...

New Game

 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon walked into the precinct, quickly going to talk to the front desk about what they're there for. The lady went to the back and came back with a male officer who bowed greeted them warmly.

 

“Hello Ladies I'm Officer Lee, and can I just say how glad that you have accepted the sudden request? Just gotta sign some paperwork and you can be on your way.”

 

“I gotta say, we were told we're to pick up and take home a child, not a grown officer." Jeongyeon joked.

 

“The kid is right around the back, come I'll take you to him.” the officer said after laughing at the girl's joke, meanwhile Nayeon rolled her eyes at her wife's dumb humor. They followed the officer into an office where a woman was looking over some paperwork.  A young boy sat on the leather chair shaking as he clutched a small bag to his chest, a blue blanket with a police logo in the back wrapped around. His damp hair falling over his eyes because of the snow and face gray with ash. The social worker looked up at them, quickly coming over to introduce herself.

 

“I'm social worker Kim Yoojung, all your paperwork has been cleared and you're all set, here's the boy’s file with everything you need to know. I'd like to give you a heads up, he's a bit on the quiet side” The woman whispered the last part as she handed them the file. Jeongyeon and Nayeon took a quick look, the boy's name was Yoo Wooyoung, he was 12 and has been in the system since he was 5. When they looked up the boy was now walking towards them, the social worker’s hand at the boy’s back, gently guiding him.

 

“How about we start the introductions?” Ms Kim said cheerfully.

 

“Hello, I'm Yoo Wooyoung.” The boy bowed at 90 degrees, mumbling quietly.

 

“I'm Jeongyeon and this is my wife Nayeon. We've actually brought you a coat!” Jeongyeon smiled warmly as she handed him the coat. The boy looked surprised, unsure about the gesture and took the coat after a moment of contemplation. They watched as he put the coat that was too big for him over his shaking body and started walking out of the precinct afterwards, the social worker and officer in tow. Yoojung and Wooyoung fell in step, waking a little bit slower than the rest, Jeongyeon went on to turn on the car to warm it up as the two talked.

 

“Wooyoung, I know things haven't been easy, but they are good people. I hope you find it in your heart to open up and maybe something great will happen. You're almost 13….” Yoojung said with concern and hope written all over her face. The boy lost his parents at the age of 5, he doesn't remember them anymore or the pain that came from losing them. He had no other family so he ended up at the shelter, but he was never adopted, never stood out to anyone for being so quiet. So he suffered more at the shelter, never making friends and suffering abuse putting him further into his shell and never opening up. Yoojung wanted nothing more for the boy to find a home, a family and to finally feel safe and happy.

 

“Okay…” he said quietly, rolling his eyes. He was thankful for the woman, she had always tried to help him but she gave him the same speech everytime he was taken in by foster parents. They never adopted him, acted like he didn't exist and were only in it for the money they got from taking care of him. The more he thought about it the angrier he got, he walked away from the woman, a scowl on his face as he got on the car.

 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon looked at him through the rearview and saw the look on his face making the tension in the car worse. It was a quiet car ride home. They got inside and Jeongyeon finally saw the opportunity for a conversation.

 

“Um… Nayeon will show you your room and I'll start cooking since I'm sure you're hungry.”  Jeongyeon said in a comforting voice, meanwhile Nayeon gave her a pointed look that was saying ‘don't leave me to do this alone’ which Jeongyeon ignored and practically scurried into the kitchen. Nayeon turned around, a smile plastered on her face, gently telling the boy to follow her.

 

They made their way upstairs, and Nayeon opened the door to the guest bedroom where her friends usually crashed at. She figured this would be good enough for the young boy, it was spacious, cozy and has a big bed.

 

“Well, this is it. I'll let you rest, while Jeongyeon cooks and you settling in, I'll run a bath for you. What do you think?”

 

The boy was looking around the room and Nayeon could see the apprehension and exhaustion all over his body. He placed the old bookbag he was holding on the bed and sat down with a big sigh. ‘They're always so kind on the first day’ he thought to himself as he chuckled bitterly.

 

“Okay…” was all he said, he truly was exhausted and he'll take this kindness since he doesn't know when they'll stop showing it.

 

“I'm gonna give you some alone time, I'll just knock on your door when the bath is ready and when you're done with that, do come down to eat.” Nayeon backed out of the room closing the door gently. She made her way down to the kitchen where Jeongyeon was cooking, she wrapped her arms around her waist and buried her head on her back.

 

“That bad, huh?” Jeongyeon asked as she moved around the kitchen with Nayeon attached to her back. She figured things wouldn't be all sun shines on the 1st day.

 

“Yeah, extremely awkward. I just want him to feel comfortable throughout his stay with us.” She pouted.

 

“I mean they did tell us he's a quiet kid, and it's been a long day for him, I believe that we should not only give but also show him that we're here if he needs anything.” Nayeon hummed in agreement and lets go of her wife, she glanced at the time on her phone and realized that it was time to pick up Sungjae from school.

 

“I gotta go pick up our little bunny, the bath will make a sound when it's ready so, make sure to tell Wooyoung when it's done.” Nayeon picked up the car keys and went on her way to her son's school. She'll explain the situation to him on the way home, she's sure her son might get excited about hearing the news.

 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Ok, not a lot going on just yet but this chapter is mostly to introduce everyone to Wooyoung, 2yeon is still tip toeing around him and he's very apprehensive. I'm sure they'll work this through thoe right? Sungjae and Wooyoung will be meeting next chapter yayy!! How you guys think he'll react? As always feedback is appreciated so lemme know what y'all thought. I hope you all enjoyed the reading.