Angel

Rosemary

I filled the dish with cold water and put the flowers near the kitchen window. Then i rested against the counter trying to see my house through his eyes. Like everything is new. All the walls were white which accentuated the big empty space. Only pops of colour were paintings made by artists known only in small circles of people. Right next to each of them there was a little note, like in a museum. From the celling there was hanging a lamp surrounded by thin gold geometric shapes. I saw his gaze wondering through abstract armchairs, each and every different. It went over small staircase that was leading to my bedroom which was perfectly visible from where he was standing. Its floor was only partly over the living room so that i could see everything once i get up from bed.
Then finally i saw his irises open wide. He got to the huge stained glass wall. Now it was opened so the room was completely covered in sunshine.
"May i?" he asked looking for my permission. I nodded with a smile without moving more. He quickly passed between all the sculptures and closed it.
All the colourful pieces of glass stuck together suddenly lit up and changed the whole room. He stood in amazement with his mouth slightly opened. He followed all the flickering lights green, yellow, red, orange, blue, purple, pink. I looked at him and felt warmth spreading all over my body as i saw him there. The sun was by his back so he looked like a supernatural angel with vibrating wings made out of different lengths of light.
"Beautiful" he whispered, but i heard him very clearly, he looked at me.
"Yeah..." i said not breaking the eyecontact as he came towards me.

I slowly came over to him and traced my fingertips against his jawline as he stood there with his eyes closed.
"Can I paint you?" he nodded and i walked to the workroom to get my supplies. I was scared of movin faster than that. I was scared even the smallest sudden, unthought through move will ruin the little world he created here.
It took us over an hour of silence for me to make the basic sketch. I also took a picture to not forget where each of the colours was lied on his wings.
He sent me a shy smile when i put my pencil down and went behind me.
"Nice one" he commented resting his chin on one of my shoulder and his hand in another. I reached out and covered it with mine.
"Will you stay?" i asked not looking at him but felling his gaze burning my skin. 
I didnt expect it to come out of my mouth.. I barely allowed this thought to sprout in my mind.
I felt the tip of his nose on my cheek as he murmured softly in agreement.