STUCK IN BETWEEN (4)

JENCHU MULTISHOTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author's POV

 

"Jisoo?"

 

A tap on the shoulder made Jisoo jolted on her seat, peeking nervously through the book she's pretending to read since the moment she decided to spend her remaining vacancy in the library.

 

"Please don't call my name outloud" Jisoo hissed, eyes scanning the area like she's afraid someone might hear them and returned back by covering her face completely with the book.

 

"What? Something happened?" Wendy sat across from the latter.

 

"Help..." Jisoo muttered.

 

The incident earlier roll back to the back of her mind like a flash flood. She could remember her heart thumping so wild while being under those expectant eyes, clearly pressuring her to choose between the redhead and the brunette.

 

She could still hear the exchanged harsh words between the two, how her eyes flitted from left to right whenever the other one tried to throw another harsh word

 

It seems like she's watching a legit professional badminton players that neither would back out anytime soon, it was to this extent that Jisoo felt a bolting electricity forming at the peek of her brain and she knew if she didn't do anything, a headache was coming through.

 

That's when she couldn't hold it any longer and decided to blurt out a bluff. Yes, ladies and gentlemen.

 

She lied.

 

Telling them that she needed to go to a comfort room without stammering on the spot only to take that chance to escape her out and went running her way out to school without the two knowing.

 

She knew it was wrong. It was very wrong of her. Oh how will Mr. And Mrs. Kim react if they found out that the person they trusted their daughters with was a big fat coward who wanted to run away from her responsibilities.

 

On the other hand, what do you expect her to do? Cut her body in half so she could accompany both and fulfill their bratty needs?

 

Jisoo is a human with feelings too. She could get confused, exhausted and stressed.

 

And for a fact, those two are draining her inside and out. Like how could those two acted like they didn't kissed the life out of her and pretended like it didn't happened at all?

 

As dramatic as it may sound but its bothering her whole existence to the point that she couldn't even get a proper sleep without thinking about 'it'.

 

Yes, the kiss that happened at the same day.

 

"What is wrong with you?" Wendy smack Jisoo's arm playfully but noticing Jisoo's weird slash silent behavior, it was enough to make Wendy frown. "Hey, Are you alright?"

 

Jisoo bit her bottom lip hard, it was a habit that she always does whenever she's in a big trouble. Even with the book that is covering her entire face, Wendy could tell that something is wrong just by looking at the way she's gripping on each edge of it. Hard. Her knuckles almost turning white.

 

"Ok. This is going nowhere." Wendy urge "Spill it right now" She stood up and walk to Jisoo's side so she could sit beside her.

 

"Please tell me she's not here"

 

"Who?"

 

"You know who!"

 

"How would I know? You idiot!"

 

The two starts hissing and whispering like bees to each other, not noticing another presence across them.

 

"BOOYAH!"

 

"Jisoos Christ!!!"

 

"For heaven's sake Kang! Can you not!?" Wendy hissed in annoyance.

 

Jisoo on the other hand almost run for her life, thinking it was the person she was avoiding since this morning.

 

"Hello to you too Wen!" Seulgi roll her eyes.

 

"We're in library you nitwit!"

 

"Relax punhead!"

 

"It's pinhead you numskull"

 

"Damn! enough with the names. You see, Mrs. Greeny is not around. I can scream all I want" Seulgi stated cheerfully, making herself sat comfortably across the two. "Oh! Hey there Jisoo! Why did you skipped our first class?"

 

"Oh God. Shut up!" Jisoo scowl, dragging Seulgi's ear so she could whisper to her, books still covering her face. "Don't ever mention my name!"

 

"What?! What's the matter Jis-" A hand clasp tightly agaisnt Seulgi's mouth, creating a muffled sound against Jisoo's palm.

 

"This is darn gross but please mute it for a sec!" Jisoo warned. Looking around for another second before slumping back to her seat, wiping her palm off her skirt in disgust

 

"Our friend here is in a big trouble" Wendy starts.

 

"What happened?" Seulgi questioned, eyebrows furrowed in curiousity. "Tell us and we'll solve it for you"

 

Jisoo slowly put the book down, revealing her troubled face.

 

"I did something I shouldn't have done." Jisoo sigh in distress. "I'm in a deep "

 

Wendy and Seulgi exchange a knowing glance before both spoke up at the same time.

 

"Kim siblings?" The two said in unison.

 

Jisoo almost let out a whimper at the mention of the familiar name

 

-

 

"Oh my God"

 

Wendy gasp once Jisoo finally ended her narrative speech. She told them all, from the beginning to end, not bothering to leave any details out so its easier for them to figure things.

 

No lies and secrets involved.

 

You could only solve a problem if the truths were told. Right?

 

"Am I the only one who find it hot?" Seulgi interject, amused. "Think about it. You've got a nice shot. I meant. You just hit two birds with one stone!"

 

"What?"

 

"Bruh you kissed those hotties at the same day!"

 

"T-they kissed me!" Jisoo protest.

 

"You kissed em' back!" Seulgi retort. "Which remind me, I always knew you were gay!"

 

"I-what!?"

 

"Welcome to the club buddy! wins!"

 

"Jesus Christ! Kang! Shut up!"

 

"Sorry" Seulgi grins. "I'm so proud of you" she whispered the last words

 

Jisoo close her eyes tight, questioning herself why she befriended this psycho who is clearly not helping at all.

 

"Look. I need your help guys. This isn't even the right time to joke around" Jisoo rub her temple.

 

"But I have to agree with Seulgi" Wendy commented. "That's kinda hot!"

 

"See!"

 

"Urgh not you too Wen. Come on" Jisoo whine. "And guys, this isn't about the kiss alright. It's about my responsibility here. I can't please them both at the same time"

 

"Tell em' you're no wonderwoman. Geez. Just have a heart to heart talk with them I'm sure they'll understand."

 

"Do you really think Jennie Kim would understand?"

 

"On a second thought. Just forget what I said. It's useless." Seulgi shrugged.

 

"This is very frustrating!"

 

"Wait. That redchic named Rosé is transferring here right?" Wendy asked. "And Today's her first day?"

 

Now that she think about it, Jisoo groan internally.

 

Rosé is a transferee, probably having a hard time finding her own class and lurking around or worst she could get lost on her way. She was supposed to guide her and tour her around.

 

Jisoo bit her lip.

 

But she couldn't be lost right?

 

Remembering how she had a hard time looking for her class on the first day of school made Jisoo guiltier.

 

This school is enormous as heck, Jisoo felt like crying remembering how she was almost late at her first class and she's still lost like a puppy being dump by its owner.

 

Thankfully, she bump into Seulgi and that's how their friendship goes on. She really hope Rosé's doing just fine or she'll be a deadass meat.

 

"And I'm supposed to accompany her." Jisoo look down at her lap guiltily. "But the coward on me jumped out and decided to selfishly escape and let her alone"

 

What if she lost her way? What if someone has taken advantage of the situation to lure the redhead and worst kidnap her? Oh God! Mrs.Kim will skin her alive and-

 

"Hey stop being over dramatic. Hold on. Please tell me that's the redchic we are talking about just now?" Seulgi pointed at the entrance.

 

Jisoo hurriedly bring her book up to cover her face and slowly starts peeking on the edge of it. With a jaw dropped, Jisoo watch dumbfoundedly.

 

The redhead was strutting her way inside the library like she's some kind of model. All eyes are set on her.

 

The way she flip her silky hair behind her shoulder, the way her lips parted apart to say a word and the way she tilt her head to the side to lowkey check out the facilities is enough to remind Jisoo about the kiss they shared last time.

 

'Wait what?! Damn! Snap out from it!' Jisoo shook her head.

 

Rosè is clearly having a good time with her newly found friends and it was enough to make Jisoo sigh in relief. Atleast, she's doing well.

 

"Holy cow! She's smoking hot" Seulgi found herself gawking once the group of sassy girls found their table and sat on it. "Holy - that ant waist and long white legs can choke me" she unconsciously stated, earning a slap from Jisoo.

 

"Shut up!" The troubled girl hissed. "We need to get out from here first!" Jisoo gulp nervously while stealing a glance at where the redhead is. "She can't see me!"

 

"Out of all places, they decided to take the damn table near the exit!" Wendy commented.

 

"Must be fate" Seulgi teases Jisoo and break in a fit of giggles which earn another smack at the back of her head. "Can you not hurt a ?!"

 

"Let's just act natural so it will be less obvious" Jisoo take a deep breathe.

 

Wendy nearly facepalm herself as she watch Jisoo tiptoe-ing with a book sticking to her face like a glue. Like, Can she get anymore obvious?!

 

Before the group of sassy girls turn their attention to the weird walking woman, Wendy pulled Jisoo back as fast as she can.

 

They are now hiding behind the bookshelves, peeking through the gap of books. They can clearly see the redhead and she was almost just beside the exit like she could see anyone entering and exiting from it with her curious eyes.

 

"You called that natural?!"

 

"Sorry I got nervous" Jisoo bit her lip nervously. "Help. I'm going nuts!" She cried.

 

"Is your phone with you?" Wendy asked

 

"Y-yeah."

 

"We need help! Call Jeongyeon"

 

"But I just turned my phone off incase bratty J called"

 

"Mute it! We need Jeongyeon's expertise in this mess!"

 

Right. That gal was such a smarty pants when it comes to cutting classes. Tell you, that girl can disappear from class in one snap. She probably knew many tricks without being caught red handed.

 

Jisoo fumble to her pocket as she nervously turn it on and starts searching for Jeongyeon's digits.

 

"! I can't find her contact name! Damn it"

 

"Are you serious!?"

 

"She was the one who saved it. Ok?! Stop pressuring me!"

 

"Holy ! It's Jennie Kim!" Seulgi half scream, luckily Wendy was there to shut her loud screaming . "Another Kim came!" She said, voice muffled.

 

"Shut up!"

 

"What!?"Jisoo immediately peek through the gap and there goes her eyes bulging out so wide it almost came out. "No freakin' way!"

 

She could even see the glimpse of Jennie looking around as if she's looking for someone before her eyes landed to the red head, accidentally.

 

They shared an intense staring battle before Jennie roll her eyes away, gesturing for her other friends to go and occupy another seat just a couple of tables away from Rosé's

 

But before she could even reach the table, she suddenly halt on her track, being left behind by her friends who settle themselves on the table comfortably.

 

'What is she doing?'

 

With a curious eyes, Jisoo darted her gaze down as she found out that Jennie was actually holding a phone. Her gaze are concentratedly focused on it, fingers tapping swiftly until she bring it up and press it against her ear, flinty eyes are now wandering around.

 

Just when realization kick in, Jisoo's eyes widen than it already should, neck snapping down so fast it almost break her pulse point.

 

Too late

 

Her phone starts blasting on its maximum volume, it almost damage her eardrums.

 

I JUST WANNA KISS~

I NEVER WANNA MISS~

 

Seulgi and Wendy's surprised eyes were as wide as Jisoo's as they watch in horror. All the attention are now set on them including Rosé and her newly group of friends.

 

"Oh my God!"

 

"Turn it off! Turn it off!"

 

"H-HOLY CRAP! MOTHER ING HELL!" Jisoo find herself hissing, cussing and cursing in different language as she almost throw her phone against the floor, it was too loud for the library's liking.

 

But Wendy came in action, snatching it briskly and turning it off just on time.

 

On time? Nah, It's too late.

 

Everyone was like looking at their direction out of curiousity and Jisoo wanted to pull her brain out, throw it on the floor, point at it and cuss on it for being such a , choosing to watch the undying hatred of the two towards each others over muting her the damn phone first.

 

Heart thumping wildly agains't her chest

 

She bend her body down, just enough to gawk at the little hole. Swallowing thickly, she nervously peek at the gap once again.

 

And Holy mother of sweet cake

 

She wish she didn't, wish she didn't dumbly and carelessly peek through it and met those brown chocolate orbs gazing intensely back at her.

 

It was at that moment she knew, She ed up big time.

 

She's sure as heck her soul almost left her body when the brunete, about a couple blocks away, threw a knowing smirk at her direction.

 

"I see you" She mouthed.

 

Jisoo almost peed on her skirt. "Please call 911, I'm going to faint" Jisoo shakily whispered, watching the now walking Jennie at her direction.

 

Just on time, Mrs.Greeny walk in.

 

The rigorous librarian looking all furious like she's about to square the up.

 

"I JUST HEARD A PHONE. IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS?" Jisoo's heart momentarily stop.

 

Now it's time to choose. Face Mrs.Greeny's wrath or face the Kim's rant? As if making up her mind. Jisoo didn't hesistate to move out and reveal herself, hands on the air with a phone in her grip.

 

"I-It's mine!" Jisoo voluntarily given herself up, that cause the brunette a meters away to halt on her track. "I'm sorry Mrs. Greeny. It was my fault, I forgot to turn it off" She gulp.

 

'Please punish me and get me out of here'

 

Jisoo could clearly see Rosé's surprised face from her pheriperal vision, looking confusely at her as if she's some kind of foreign thing she saw for the first time.

 

On the other hand, She could also see Jennie's annoyed expression. Giving her an 'ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND' look.

 

"You! Follow me!" Jisoo nodded, making sure not to make any eye contacts from the two before she started trailing behind Mrs.Greeny.

 

She didn't know she would like to be punish so bad until this day.

 

'YES!'

 

- -

 

"My neck" she whine.

 

She was punished to organize all the books numerically. Only in the historical area, which is like one bookshelve.

 

Mind you, that bookshelve was hella long and Jisoo's almost sure it will take her forever before she finishes it all.

 

Jisoo crack her neck sideways before she attempted to take a step up to the ladder. She wasn't even on the first steeling step yet when someone spoke up from behind

 

"You're really that desperate?"

 

"HOLY GEEZ-" Jisoo almost lose her balance but luckily get a grasp of herself before her face even kiss the ground. "Can you not do that? Crap! I almost lost my shi-"

 

And once she spun around she was met by a crossed arm brunette with that stoic face on. Her expression was almost blank but Jisoo knew her too well not to notice that she's clearly not impressed at the ranting latter.

 

"Oh, H-Hey there!" Jisoo waved awkwardly.

 

Jennie raised an eyebrow.

 

If Jisoo's not this nervous she'll usually find it y in any way possible.

 

"You disappeared magically this morning." Jennie sound pissed. It scared Jisoo to core that she's so close to running for her life

 

Jisoo gulp so hard that she's afraid her tongue would be swallowed together with her saliva. Her eyes are on somewhere else but Jennie

 

"L-let me explain"

 

"I'm waiting." Jennie quietly lean her back at the wall behind her. Arms are still crossed defensively agaisnt her chest. "So?"

 

Jisoo gulp.

 

All she wanted was enough time alone. No Jennie. No Rosé. No thoughts about the damn kiss. Who would quickly forgot about that anyways? As much as she wanted to get rid of the thoughts, its hunting her inside.

 

But who is she kidding? She can't avoid them forever and whether she like it or not she has to deal with them.

 

"I..." Jisoo tried so hard to think of a random excuse to save her . "Look. This may sound stupid but... I already had an agreement with Mr.Arthur. He want me to arrive here as early as possible"

 

Jennie stared at Jisoo in the eyes, as if seeking for any signs of dishonesty.

 

"For?"

 

Jisoo starts scratching her non itchy ear. "He asked me to file some documents on his office as a special task for my nearly failing grade. You know I at his subject."

 

It was true tho, she's struggling to maintain her grade on this English subject under Mr.Arthur's and as much as she want to learn and improve on it. Her mind would refused to take some information related to it, causing for her to almost drop her grade

 

Luckily, Mr.Arthur was like a man made in heaven, he's too kind to give her special assignments to keep her grade on track

 

But today, It was no where near the truth, as she's stating nothing but lies at the moment.

 

'Please God. Forgive me as I have sinned and still is'

 

"A-and I actually did it together with..."

 

Jennie remain silent, eyes observing Jisoo's moves as she let Jisoo to finish whatever she has to say.

 

Jisoo on the other hand was trying so hard to think of who could she used as a cover up, eyes flitting around the library, she caught Jeongyeon walking pass the bookshelve.

 

"...Jeongyeon" Jisoo unconsciously blurted out, swallowing her saliva nervously after saying so.

 

'. I have to warned her before bratty J could beat me to it and ask her randomly. Why did I even mention her. I could have said Wendy. Urgh. My stupid '

 

Jisoo wanted to scream so hard under Jennie's intense gaze, like who wouldn't feel awkward when someone was staring at you like you are in some kind of investigation.

 

"I admit it was my fault for not informing you guys about it and for disappearing out of nowhere but I really had to go and-"

 

"You know what's funny?"

 

Jisoo close tight when Jennie finally spoke up.

 

"W-what?"

 

"You skipped our psychology class" Jennie narrowed her eyes. "It's one of your fave"

 

"That, was because..." Jisoo kept chanting to herself not to stammer. "I haven't finish all the files yet that I had to skipped class" Jisoo gulp. "Mr.Arthur's offer is more important at the moment. I can't afford to fail it"

 

'God. I'm sorry I didn't mean to lie this much'

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter