Chapter 2

Love Rain

Lights were lit up. At least that’s what Yuju realized when she gained consciousness. The bright light infiltrated her vision, making her squint by the temporary blindness.

She was fully awake and noticed that the bright light came from the lamp right above her. She looked around and jumped out of the bed when she realized where she was.

The black and white themed room with gray curtains covering the window, things were neatly organized, and…. there was a broken frame of a girl’s picture.

Yuju knew she wasn’t in a shabby place. She tried to remember what happened and she snapped when she noticed the girl from last night, who asked her to meet after her performance, was standing at the room entrance.

“Ah! The musician is awake!” Eunbi looked into the room

“What do you want?!” Yuju shouted at the barista, backing away gradually.

“Oh, a little this and that. No big deal, actually,” Eunbi walked closer while creepily rubbing her hands.

“Don’t get any closer!” Yuju’s back touched the wall

“Heh, you know, THIS is MY room. How is it possible for the owner to not be allowed to do anything she wants in her own territory?” Eunbi was just a step away from Yuju

“Don’t touch me!” Yuju crossed her arms around her chest area, attempting to protect herself.

“Oh dear, don’t worry. I won’t. I just want to take something from the cabinet next to you,” Eunbi bowed sideways after being an inch away from Yuju. She opened the cabinet and pulled out a pair of scissors.

Being frightened and mad at the same time, Yuju flinched when Eunbi straighten her body again, lifted the scissors between their faces.

“N-no!”

“Oh, I didn’t know that you’re this annoying. I said I won’t do anything to you! I can’t find my kitchen scissors, so I came here to get this one. Anyways, come out and eat!” Eunbi turned her body and walked outside, while Yuju stared at her, discombobulated.

Yuju slowly followed the kidnapper. She was still afraid of everything but also confused and curious at the same time. She passed the corridor and found Eunbi’s living room, quite a normal one if there wasn’t any shattered glass on the floor or everything lying that are not in their usual place.

Yuju stopped following Eunbi when she noticed something. She observed a form of stain on the floor and her eyes grew wide open when she thought she knew what that is. She backed away in fear.

“I- is that blood?” Yuju asked, her voice trembling

“Wine. Red wine,” Eunbi coldly replied as she pulled the diner chair, “sit down”

Yuju didn’t follow Eunbi’s words. She looked at her, from where Yuju’s standing in place.

“Come!” Eunbi raised her voice slightly,

“What do you want from me?” Yuju tried to be brave

“Come!” The barista raised her voice more

“Answer me! Why did you kidnap me, and still being nice to me? What do you want? You want to kill me?” She didn’t realized she walked sideways to the corner.

She didn’t get an answer. Instead, she saw Eunbi stood up and rushed towards her. Yuju also saw a glimpse of scary looking pair of eyes on her. Yuju’s eyes almost popped out when Eunbi grabbed her neck tightly.

“YES! I WILL KILL YOU, YOU B*TCH! BUT THAT’S LATER WHEN I ALREADY GET WHAT I WANT! NOW SIT WHEN I ASKED YOU TO SIT, AND EAT WHEN I ASK YOU TO EAT!” Eunbi shouted only half of an inch in front of Yuju’s nose

Eunbi pushed Yuju’s neck down and grabbed a fist of her hair and dragged her near the dining table. Yuju’s terrifying scream wasn’t enough to make the mad kidnapper stop what she’s doing.

Eunbi forced Yuju to sit while the latter was trembling in fear. She grabbed the meal and forcefully pushed everything into the singer’s mouth, causing her to choke so hard.

“EAT!” Eunbi shouted again, “You should just follow my order, stupid c*nt!! You’re scared now, aren't you? Now, will you obey my words or not?”

The musician didn’t answer. She was busy crying. Her face was red and soaked in tears.

“ANSWER ME!! WILL YOU OBEY ME OR NOT?!!”

Yuju desperately nodded.

“Very good,” Eunbi’s voice suddenly soften, making herself sound like a total different person from earlier, “Now, please continue to eat”

The word ‘please’ made Yuju unable to predict the nature of the kidnapper. But knowing how dangerous things could get, she hesitantly picked her cutlery up with the fear of Eunbi poisoning her, while still sobbing and trembling. But surprisingly enough, Yuju found the meal unexpectedly delicious.