Chapter 1

Love Rain

Shattered glasses lying on the ground, red fluid flowing.... Hwang Eunbi vented her anger once again, throwing the bottle of wine.

“I love you Eunbi, I love you. ! Where did all those I love you goes?!” Eunbi kicked the coffee table on the living room causing it to flip sidewards and the decorative vase placed on it to shatter on the floor.

She sat on the couch and took a deep breath. She covered her face with her hands after seeing all the mess she just made inside her apartment. Tears flowed out as she briskly wiped them off.

“Jung Yerin. Jung Yerin. Jung Yerin!” Eunbi shouted Yerin’s name and keeps on shouting them like a total psychopath. She was really desperate.
Jung Yerin. Her love. Her partner. Whom all of a sudden, left her without a word.

It's been a year already but Eunbi still can't seem to move on. She gave her all her heart, her trust, but still she was left on the thin air without a reason.

While Eunbi is still in her desperate thoughts, her phone alarm beeps making her avert her attention to her phone. She was too caught up that she didn’t realize that it was already time for work, she wasn't even able to sleep last night.

She washed up, changing into casual clothes and putting light makeup on, fixing her hair into a low ponytail and left her apartment.

She was walking on the busy street like nothing happened inside her apartment. It was as if she just woke up from a comfortable and cozy sleep. That's one of her strength, hiding her emotions with the help of her straight face.

 

“Good Morning beautiful!” a male co-worker greeted and even opened the door of the cafe for her to come in. Eunbi ignored him and just kept walking coolly. Not even sparing a glance to her co-worker making him scratch his head and shrug his shoulder like it was a usual thing already.

Eunbi went straight to the authorized room to change into her uniform and she went out of the room, starting work right after.

“Have you heard?” a female co- worker asked Eunbi who’s putting an apron on.

“What?” Eunbi asked, keeping a straight face, not even looking at her co- worker.

“An idol is coming here later. She will sing here live!” she sounded so excited but Eunbi isn’t even interested. A customer came at the counter to order a drink. Being the barista, Eunbi immediately worked after receiving the order.

“Wait, how can you keep a straight face? Are you not happy to be finally able to see an idol in this cafe after so many years of working here? This is the first time you know. The first time” she exclaimed. Eunbi finished making the drink and gave it to the customer. Another order came and Eunbi worked on another drink again. Her co-worker kept on talking but she never really cared. She didn't even bother listening. She just let the sound surround the room, but never allowing it to get into her ears. Not that she's interested.

 

Around 6pm at the evening, the outside is getting dark gradually. The cafe started to get filled with people. On the other hand, outside the cafe was packs of people waiting.

The workers including Eunbi assumed that the invited idol is coming any minute at the time. It got busy since there’s a lot of orders to work on, and Eunbi was occupying herself, making drinks until shouts and the clicks of cameras could be heard outside.

“She’s here!” the female co-worker said excitedly. Eunbi sighed and continued making the drinks.

“I wanna see her too. Will it be fine for you if I leave you here for awhile, Eunbi?.”

“No” Eunbi shortly replied

“Please~ just this time. I wanna see her so bad” Eunbi didn’t reply

“Please, just for a short moment”

“She was invited to attract customers, not for you to watch” Eunbi said without glancing, making her co-worker pout and resume making drinks with Eunbi.

A speech with an echo was heard and Eunbi was sure that her co-worker is pouting even more, hearing the voice from someone she really idolises but wasn’t able to because of work.

“I was glad when I found out Yuju is coming. At Least I can get to watch her while working, but turns out to be I still can't” Eunbi froze when she heard that name. She slowly turn her head to look at the girl beside her.

“What’s her name again?” her co-worker was taken aback by the sudden interest of Eunbi, which was a rare sight.

“You mean the idol? She’s Yuju” she answered anyway

“Yuju?” Eunbi asked. Not that she didn’t know who the idol is, she just want to clarify whether she heard it right. Her co-worker is about to answer but the music starts and Yuju began singing her song.


 

How many nights do I have to spend in pain
For me to stop being scared of love?
At the sound of the rain, I’m closing the doors
I wanna hide my heart so I don’t even know


 

Eunbi got lost in her thoughts. That song… That voice...

“E-Eunbi?” her co-worker wave a hand in front of her.

“Don’t tell me you’re mesmerized by her voice.” she tried to tease but Eunbi isn't listening to her anymore.


 

Is it like the rain on a summer night?
Like a rain shower that passes without an umbrella
I’m sure I’ll fall in love again
Like this unstoppable love rain

 

“Anyone! Can anyone help me deliver drinks to customers on their tables?” the male co-worker said. Without hesitation, Eunbi immediately walk towards him, getting a tray along the way.

“I'll do it.”

“Uh, are you sure? You still need to make drinks” he said, unsure.

“Yes. And I’ll also deliver the drinks to the tables after I make them.” Eunbi said while putting drinks on the tray she just took

“uh, o-okay then” Eunbi left with the tray in her hand.

“What happened to her?” the guy asked the other barista. The female co-worker shrugged, giving that unaware face.

Eunbi walked around the cafe, placing the drinks on their respective tables. While doing so, she’ll glance over the small stage where Yuju is standing with a mic on hand, wholeheartedly singing her song. While watching and listening to Yuju, Eunbi finally stopped delivering the drinks to their tables, not caring about the waiting owners of the drinks.



Suddenly you came to me
Wordlessly passing by
I tried walking faster
But I couldn’t avoid it

 

Yerin. Eunbi thought of her ex-lover again as she stare at Yuju on stage.

“Eunbi-ah, isn't she amazing?” she remembered Yerin asking her that when both of them first listened to the song about a year ago. Ever since, the song has been Yerin’s favorite and Yuju as her favorite artist. She even remembered buying a lot of albums just so that she can avail an entry for a fansign and gave it to Yerin as a surprise gift.

Eunbi clench her fist, and greets her teeth. She also started to glare at Yuju on stage.


Please tell me now
As you see me
Standing in front of love
When will I be able to be me?

 

Yuju roam her eyes around to give eye contact to those who were listening to her while she's singing, till her eyes landed to Eunbi. She caught the girl glaring at her and she’s having goosebumps because of it.

Sinb’s pupils started to shake as well as her body due to the growing anger inside of her.

Yerin. The love whom she always include in her dreams. The love she’s willing to offer everything she has. The love...who left her without a word.

The tray in her hand fell making the drinks to spill on the floor, causing glasses to shatter. This captured the attention of many. Fortunately, she was at the back and it didn’t land on anyone. The customers all turn their heads to her, curious. Eunbi’s co-workers all worriedly stared at her as well. Meanwhile, Yuju stopped singing. Though the idol was trained to kept going when whatever happens, that moment, she forgot to be professional and watched Eunbi, completely ignoring the instrumental music that kept playing.

Eunbi, who was snapped back to reality after she dropped the tray with the drinks, cleverly rub her nape and acted like she’s feeling weak. The male co-worker immediately ran up to her and helped her. He carried her and brought her to the authorized room.

Yuju followed her eyes to the girl until she’s gone to her vision. She don’t know why but she felt nervous. She’s sure that the girl is giving her deadly glare before she lost balance and dropped the tray.

“Could she be a hater?” Yuju asked herself.

Meanwhile, after being carried to the authorized room, the male co-worker lets Sinb sit on a chair.

“You can leave now” she said, faking a weak voice

“Are you sure?” she nod.

“I only need to rest for awhile” the male co-worker then left her alone inside. Eunbi sighed.

From inside, she can hear a faint echoing voice of Yuju through the microphone. She’s singing another song. Eunbi thought for a while.

“Jung Yerin. Jung Yerin” Eunbi repeated that name over and over again and slowly, she’s clenching her fist again.

“Yuju” she atlas said.

-----

After the performance, Yuju went to use the washroom and as she went to the sink after exiting the cubicle to wash her hands, she got startled at the sudden appearance of Eunbi through the reflection of the mirror.

“May I have a second to talk to you?” Eunbi calmly asked. Yuju, although confused and nervous, she slowly nod. Eunbi smiled at her.

“Let’s go somewhere else then. Someone might hear us here” Yuju frown

“Is it that important? Why do we have to go somewhere?”

“I won’t be here and ask you to come along if it wasn't important.”

“How important is it that you don't want the others to hear?” Eunbi sigh

“It's about earlier. Now, follow me if you wanna hear me out.” Eunbi calmly turn her back at Yuju and left. Yuju thought for awhile before she decided to walk behind Eunbi, following the girl. She even sneaked in order not to let her manager  see her. Eunbi smirked.

They walked through a quiet area with less people until they reached a dark alley. Yuju became even more confused.

“Let's talk here” Eunbi smiled, causing Yuju to shiver. She can feel something isn't right from Eunbi’s dark aura.

“What is it that you wanna talk about?” Yuju attempted to be brave.

“Actually, I just wanna apologize for ruining your performance earlier” Yuju laughed. Her nervousness subsided.

“Are you kidding me? You made me walk all the way here just to hear your apology?” Eunbi didn't remove her straight face making Yuju gulp from her laugh.

“Is it a pride thing?” Eunbi nod then slowly, she walked closer to Yuju, making the artist nervous once again.

“You know what, I’m glad you came here” Eunbi smiled before reaching both of her hands, one was holding a cloth with chemicals. She covered Yuju’s nose with it, making the artist lose her conscious after inhaling the chemicals. Calmly, Eunbi carried Yuju like a sack, then she walked away from the place.