Chapter 6

Love Rain

Yuju woke up that morning feeling sore all over her body, the same thing to her left cheek which actually got bruise as a result of Eunbi’s recent beating. She got off the bed and groaned as she could feel her body aching, yet careful enough not to make too much noise as she was afraid that Eunbi might hear her from outside the room, but unfortunately, luck wasn’t with her.

 

“Oh, you’re awake” Eunbi said with a smile. Yuju cursed silently.

“I was about to wake you up for breakfast” Eunbi walked closer to Yuju and grab the artist’s hand.

“I cooked for you. I’m sure you’re gonna love it like you always do” Eunbi said, sounding so sweet. Yuju frowned.

 

Since when did she ever loved the barista’s self-cooked food?

 

“I made your favorite dish!” Eunbi sounded so excited

“Ahh..chicken soup” Yuju borely murmured. Eunbi lean closer and pecked on Yuju’s forehead.

“It’s your favorite. So, I made it for you”

“Yeah…” Yuju mumbled.

 

Chicken soup isn’t Yuju’s favorite dish. Yet, Eunbi always cooked it for her.

Yuju didn't know how but she’s sure Eunbi is seeing a different person in her. And it was evident enough when Eunbi claimed certain things like Yuju’s favorite food, hobby, fashion, favorite color and even favorite movies, which actually didn’t match with what Yuju actually likes. And most importantly, when Eunbi claimed that Yuju loved but left the barista.

All the way to the kitchen, Eunbi carefully guided Yuju since the artist was having a hard time walking due to the pain in her body.

“I’m really sorry. Did I hit you this bad?” Eunbi asked the obvious making the artist to secretly roll her eyes.

“Don't worry, I'll make sure to make things more comfortable for you. For now, I'll serve to be your arms and feet.” Eunbi said after helping Yuju to sit on the dining chair. She even served and fed the artist personally. Yuju was left with no choice but to let the barista do what she want.

 

A few moments later, while Eunbi was blowing on the spoonful of soup, her phone rang. She looked at the caller ID and froze as she read the name. She dropped the spoon and while still shaking, she took the phone and answered the call. Yuju frowned.

Why would Eunbi react like that when it’s just a simple phone call? Who’s calling her anyway? Wait, is it the police already? Is this psycho finally nervous for knowing that she’ve been discovered by the police for kidnapping me?

 

Yuju’s hope to finally get out of that apartment arose.

 

The artist stared at Eunbi, examining the barista’s expression. Eunbi’s pupils were shaking, so does her body. Agony, loneliness, sadness, and longing were visible in her eyes. Yuju remained staring at Eunbi and suddenly she can feel a slight pain in her chest.

Eunbi didn’t say a word. She just kept holding the phone directed to her ear, listening to whatever the person on the other line was saying. Tears were coming out but she didn’t bother.

Then, only after a few moments, Eunbi dropped the call and aggressively threw her phone causing its screen to shatter. Eunbi began getting wild. She started throwing anything her hand could touch. From the utensils on the table up to the vases on the living room. When Eunbi began to get tired, she dropped on her knees and began crying. She clenched her fist tightly as anger engulfed her.

 

On the other hand, Yuju couldn’t explain why she was worried about the barista. Although with a sore body, she bravely walked closer and bend in front of Eunbi. She lightly tap Eunbi’s shoulder making the barista look up to her.

“What happened?” Yuju softly asked, a bit hesitating after noticing the dark aura on Eunbi’s eyes. However, the question soften Eunbi’s heart. The barista wrapped her arms around Yuju and hugged the girl tightly. Eunbi began to cry aloud and even without having a single idea, Yuju chose to comfort the girl by softly caressing the barista’s back.

“Why, Yuju? Why?” Eunbi asked in between sobs.

“I gave everything. But why?” Yuju deeply sigh

“I...I don’t know” Eunbi pulled Yuju even closer. Though pain was caused by the hug being too tight, Yuju chose not to complain. For now, Eunbi seemed broke and Yuju did not know why she was even worried about it, but she clearly was...

-----

Yuju laid Eunbi’s body on bed after exhausting herself due to endlessly crying, the barista fell asleep in the artist’s embrace. Yuju let out a huge sigh. Her body felt sore.

The artist was about to leave the bedroom when she was stopped by Eunbi’s sudden but weak grip on her arm.

“Stay” Eunbi demanded, but it sounded more like a beg.

“I’ll stay at the living room”

“No, stay here...please?” Eunbi begged again. Yuju briskly climbed on the other side of the bed and laid beside the barista. Even Yuju herself didn't know why she did that. The fact that with the current state of Eunbi, it’s an advantage to escape and call for emergency. But Yuju haven’t even thought about it.

Eunbi wrap her hands around  Yuju’s waist and cried silently.

“She found someone else” Eunbi whispered in her breath, but still audible enough for Yuju to hear.

“W-what happened?” Yuju asked. Half worried, half hesitant. There was a moment of silence… Eunbi was taking her time, while Yuju was waiting for Eunbi’s reply.

“She called me… she’s getting married next week” Eunbi confessed with all the pain in her heart. Thinking about it, the barista bitterly chuckled.

“She left me without a word. Then all of a sudden she dropped a call to tell me that she’s getting married. So all this while I’m waiting, it’s useless. tsk. Useless.” pain, bitterness, and hatred. Yuju can hear those emotions through Eunbi’s words.

Yuju don’t exactly know what to say. So once again, they fell into silence.

“Are you dating someone?” Eunbi suddenly asked which caused shiver to Yuju. She’s afraid. If she says yes, will Eunbi hit her then claim her afterwards? Or if she says no, will Eunbi hit her once she’s caught lying?

“Just tell me the truth, Yuju” Eunbi softly said after noticing that Yuju was hesitating.

“Y-yes…”

“Dokyeom?” Yuju frown making Eunbi to lightly chuckle.

“He kept calling you through your phone. Well, that was way before I broke your phone” Eunbi said like it was nothing. Yuju wanted to protest knowing the fact that Eunbi really did actually broke her phone, but she refrained herself from doing so.

“Does he love you?”

“he does”

“More than anything? More than his job?” Yuju was speechless.

 

Yuju knew that she shouldn’t be listening to a psychopath like Eunbi, but a part of her made her question herself and her relationship with Dokyeom.

 

Does he?

 

-----

Inside the dance studio of an entertainment agency, Dokyeom was seated at the edge of the studio, his phone in his hands.

Back then, he kept calling Yuju’s number after finding out she was missing but he no longer can reach her. He also tried tracking her phone location through gps thinking that Yuju might only be nearby but nothing appeared.

“Hey,” a member came and handed him a bottle of water.

“Still with that game?”

“It’s addicting” Dokyeom replied with a smile, not leaving his game.

He knew that at that moment, he shouldn’t be just sitting around and play video games. But there’s nothing really he can do.

Apart from being busy with his job schedules, reaching to ask people’s help in finding his girlfriend wouldn’t be helpful as well. It will only just affect his and her career.

But days and nights passed by, he began to question. Why is she missing? Is she really kidnapped? Or did she just simply ran away.

He wasn't sure. But whatever it is, he’s tired.

If I wasn’t dating her, then her issue wouldn’t be my business.’ He thought.

 

She left and that’s it. Stop stressing and focus on yourself’ Dokyeom thought.