#007

✧ Myungeun Drabbles ✧

A war occurred in Wonderland which caused the whole kingdom to be in complete wreck. The king decided to send her one and only precious daughter, Naeun, to the human’s world to ensure her safety.  He appointed Myungsoo, the princess’ knight, to her. It was hard for the king to let her daughter go, but kept on telling himself that it is for the best.

 

“Myungsoo, don’t leave me here. I’m scared.” The girl cried as she held on the older boy’s arm.

 

“But Princess, I need to. Your father said that this is the safest place for you right now. I hate this as much as you do, but I’d rather have you here, away from me but safe than have you by my side in a dangerous place.” He held her face and wiped away her tears.

 

“I don’t want to be away from you! Why can’t I stay with you?” She hugged the boy in front of her, showing no signs of letting go.

 

“I won’t be away for too long. I’ll be back before you know it. I promise that I’ll come back to you. And when that time comes, I won’t ever leave your side again.”

 

“Promise?” Naeun pulled away from the hug and looked at the boy straight in the eyes.

 

“I promise.” Myungsoo kissed her forehead and stood up. “I’ll come back to you.” Those were his last words before he disappeared into the night.

 

Naeun waited and waited for him, but after 7 years of waiting he still didn’t come back for her. She was almost losing hope but whenever she remembers his promise, she’ll scold herself for feeling that way.

 

“Naeun, Myungsoo will come back for you. You just have to trust his words. You just have to trust him. He’ll come and take you back and he’ll never let you go again.” Naeun would always tell herself these to ready herself for another year of waiting.