#006

✧ Myungeun Drabbles ✧

“I’m outside your house. Let’s talk. Now.” Naeun read her boyfriend’s text message again. She sensed that something not-so-good will happen but she shrugged it off and went outside.

 

Myungsoo is sitting outside and drinking beer while waiting for Naeun. He don’t want to do this, but he needed to. If he want Naeun to have a good life, he have to do this.

 

“Myungsoo Oppa! Why did you want to meet so suddenly? It’s late. Don’t you have a class tomorrow?” Naeun sat beside her boyfriend and saw a can of beer and his hand. “Why are you drinking? Is there any prob-”

 

“Let’s break up.” Myungsoo cut Naeun’s sentence. His voice is cold and distant. The words that came out from Myungsoo’s lips pierced through Naeun’s heart. She never felt so distant from him. She never felt his coldness before. Naeun looked straight into his eyes, finding the warmth and gentleness but she failed. She saw nothing but emptiness. Unconciously, tears fell from her eyes.

 

“You’re just drunk. Let’s just talk tomorrow.” Naeun wiped her tears and got up. She walked back to their house. She can’t take this. Her heart can’t take this.

 

Myungsoo grabbed her wrist and made her face him. “Are you deaf? I told you that we should break up! Didn’t you understand?!”

 

Naeun closed her eyes and held back the tears. She inhaled deeply and looked at him. “Meet me at the park tomorrow. I will wait. We will talk about this.”

 

Myungsoo messed his hair in frustration and let go of her wrist. Without another word, he walked away and left her.

 

“I will wait for you.”

 

She wasn’t able to sleep that night. She thought of the possible reasons why Myungsoo suddenly wanted to break up with her but she can’t think of any. Just a few days ago they were so happy and now Myungsoo wanted to break up with her.

 

Naeun went to the park early the next day. Even though she knows that he won’t show up, she still waited for him. She’s thinking that he might change his mind and ask for forgiveness. She needs to see him, to talk to him. She needs him. 

 

Myungsoo went to the park but didn’t show himself to Naeun. He wants to go to her and tell her that he didn’t mean anything he said last night. But he didn’t. He wants to touch her, to hug her and kiss her but he didn’t.

 

“Myungsoo, break up with our daughter.” Mr. Son said.

 

“What?” Myungsoo asked. He was dumbfounded.

 

“You heard it right, Myungsoo. Please break up with Naeun.” Mrs. Son added.

 

“But I thought-”

 

“That we approve of your relationship? We don’t. Don’t misunderstand, Myungsoo. We don’t want you for our daughter. She’s still young. She should be focusing on her studies and not you. We told her that we’ll be migrating to Italy and she’ll be attending a nice school and you know what? She told us that she doesn’t want to leave Korea because of you! Do you know that she wants to be a fashion designer? We chose Italy because there’s a good school for fashion there. You’re preventing her from reaching her dream!” Mr. Son bursted out in rage. Mrs. Son held her husband back because she’s afraid that he might do something to Myungsoo.

 

“Please, Myungsoo. If you want Naeun to reach her dream, break up with her. If you want her to have a good life, break up with her.” Mrs. Son almost pleaded. She doesn’t want to take away her daughter’s happiness but she’s more concerned in her future.

 

“Someday I want to make pretty dresses for those pretty models that I see on tv and magazines. I want to see them wearing my designs in the runway. That would definitely be the happiest moment for me.” Naeun’s words echoed in his head. She had those dreamy expression when she told him about her dream. It was like she’s already seeing that happening. He told himself that he’ll do everything to help her achieve her dreams but he’s actually doing the opposite.

 

Myungsoo was speechless. He can’t believe that he’s actually taking away Naeun’s dream. He can’t believe that he’s slowly destroying her life. “Okay.” A tear fell from his eyes. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply. “I will break up with her but please, help her reach her dreams.”

 

“I’m sorry Naeun. Just go to Italy with your family. I am doing this for you. I told myself that I’ll do everything to help you with dream and this is the only thing that I can do. I am missing you already but I need to let go of you. I am sorry. I love you Naeun.”