Dance With Me

Dance With Me

It was sometime later that I brought my slave from his small confines of his room to the gardens. I had to wait this long because I feared seeing him because of this feeling inside me. This mysterious feeling that felt like thirst or hunger.

He walked beside me in silence as we strolled along the candle lit gardens. The air was warm and fragrant with the flowers that bloomed there.

"May I speak?" He whispered beside me in that enticing voice of his.

I nodded.

"Why are you walking with your slave like this? It is not proper." He asked.

I slowed my pace and stopped to turn to him behind me. "I do not like the idea of slaves. I only wish for every man to be equal regardless of status or birth order. I only want equality amoungst us people. Tonight do not think of us as master and slave but as equals. Address me by name as I will address you. Speak as freely as you wish."  I turned from him and continued my walk along the pond.

"You were always the compassionate one." He whispered.

I stopped and looked to him. "What did you say?" I pretended that I did not hear him.

"I said you are very compassionate to have such pity for you slaves." He bowed to me.

I eyed him suspiciously. We stayed silently as we walked a full circle around the pond.

"Would you like me to teach you how to dance?" He asked.

"Why would I have need to do such a thing?" I turned to him.

"Don't be so hesitant." He took my hand and pulled me into his arms. My chest was pressed against him and my eyes were staring into his eyes.

"What are you doing?" I tried to push him away from me but he held me tight.

"Be still your highness and dance. Pretend as if I am just another commoner in the street who has asked you for a dance. Hold me like this." He took my hands and placed them behind his neck. "And I will hold you like this." He held me tight around my waist.

He begin to sway slightly and I followed his movements.

"There is no music." I whispered as a cool wind blew past us.

"There will always be music as long as your heart is beating. Listen to it and you will always hear a song." He whispered close to my ear. The feel of his breath sent delicious shivers down my spine.

I craned to hear my own heart but I only heard his breathing. "I cannot hear my own heart." I whispered.

"Then listen to mine." He pulled my head close to his chest and I could faintly hear his heart beating through his robes. I seemed to relax within his arms. "This heart your highness will only beat for you. This melody that plays within my chest will become your song. Let me be your song." HIs breath was hot on my ear again.

Yes, yes I wanted to whisper to him but at that moment the still pont was disturbed by the little pond creatures that lived within it. A small splash was heard from one of the frogs. I pushed myself away from him and turned from him.

There it was again this feeling within me. The hunger or thirst that I felt for him. It was a craving.

"What is wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing." I straigthend my robes. "Please do not touch me like this. See yourself back to your room." I left him there. He was probably staring at me from behind with that smirk. That smirk that said he had won. I sighed. I must be stronger than this. I cannot let a slave have this kind of power of over me. I am prince and I will soon be king. I will have queen in good time. I must not be consorting with slaves.

I went to my bed and and laid there between the sheets. I wore only my thin robe as I tried to sleep. I turned to my side as I became frustrated. I huffed as I sat up in bed.

"He is nothing to me and he means nothing." I repeated to myself over and over until this feeling for him waned a little. I laid back down.

I found sleep somewhere within my silk pillow. I dreamt of another place. I saw myself only I did not see myself as I was. I was different but I recognized my own face. My skin was as pure as ivory and my eyes were golden. My hair was much longer than it was now and I wore it freely like a black veil down my back. There was another beside me but before I could fully see them I was awakened by my servants. It was well into the morning and the king was requesting me.

The servants helped me dress. My mind wandered to that stranger beside me the one from my dream. I kept replaying the look of my pale ivory face and the golden eyes that stared at nothing but seemed to see everything.

I pushed those thoughts away once I stood outside of my father's room. My prescense was announced and I entered the room. I bowed before him. Once I stood up I seen his smile.

"My son, I have heard joyous news this morning. I have been given word that the king of the southern region has agreed to a marriage. His eldest daughter is ready for marriage. A date will be set soon and you two will be joined. By the end of this year you will have your future queen." My father's face was beaming.

"Because this news pleases you I am also very pleased." I smiled and I bowed.

My father had been planning my marriage for quite some time. The news did not bother me as much as it should. I listened when he begin to plan a huge festive feast that would take place in four days once the king from the southern regions arrives. I left my father's room.

The day was long. I was congratulated by all the elders and the servants. I was given a grand supper that consisted of all my favorite foods. When the evening begin to stretch into night I had asked one of the servants to summon Yunho.

I waited until he entered my room. He kneeled upon the ground and stayed in that position.

"You called for me Jaejoong?" He spoke as he looked up and into my eyes.

To be honest I had no idea why I had summoned him maybe it was just to see him.

"Where did you come from? What lead you to be a slave?" I asked. It was a question I had not given any thought to but it seemed to come from my mouth without my knowing.

"It was the life I was given. I have been a slave for a very long time." Yunho remained on his knees.

"Then your previous owners? Do you have parents?" I walked about my room.

"My parents I have not seen them in such a long time. I forget what they looked like. I only had one previous owner. He and I were also lovers." The word lovers seemed to die on his lips.

"Who was he?" I asked with wonder. I needed to know for some odd reason.

"He was a great ruler and the first of his kingdom but he was killed by the subjects that helped create that kingdom. This happened so long ago." He put his head down as if to recall something.

"Do you love him?" I kneeled opposite of him.

"More than the heart that beats in my chest. I need him like the Earth needs the Sun. Without him I feel like I am going to be in eternal darkness." His voice was sorrowful.

"Last night you said that your heart will only beat for me. How can that be so when that heart already has an owner? Does your heart change so quickly?" I asked.

"My heart has not changed. It is sincere as am I. I spoke the truth that night and I am speaking the truth now. You are asking so many questions do you think I am decieving you?" He asked.

I sat back on my knees. "I am just curious about you. You are so unique. Your eyes. Your dance. Yet your face seems..." I held my head when I was suddenly hit with a heavy wave of dizziness. I felt myself fall backwards and into darkness.

There I was again. I stood in the darkness next to someone who's face I could not see. He held my hand. I was only dressed in a long skirt like thing like the kings from the past. The person at my side was wearing the same thing only in black. Mine was in white. I stood as still as a statue. My bare chest seemed to be washed in gold. My eyes stared off into the distance. What is this?

I reached out to touch the phantom that I had seen infront of me only to have them turn and speak to the other but no audible words could be heard.

I am then swallowed up by the darkness again and I can hear my name. I open my eyes and the darkness melts away and I am staring into the eyes of Yunho.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"It's the same dream but why?" I sit up to find that I am on my bed.

"Is there something that is bothering you my prince?" His voice whispers.

"No. Could you get me some water. I am really thirsty." My throat was very dry.

He bowed and left.

I stepped from my bed. My legs felt weak. I stumbled a bit but steadied myself. I took a few more steps just as Yunho had reappeared again with water. He poured me a cup and gave it to me.

I drank it as if I was going to die from my thirst. I gave him my empty cup and he refilled it. I drank again and again until my thirst was quenched.

"Maybe you should just rest. You had a long day. Come let me help you." Yunho took my hand. I was pulled to the bed.

He pushed me down upon the bed and I sat there still in a daze. He begin to undo my robes. He pulled the first robe away and opened the second robe. Before he could slide it from my shoulders I stopped him. I seemed to be roused from my stupor.

"Please don't." I stood up and pulled my first robe tight around me. "You are right I have had a long day. You should be getting to sleep. It is late."

"Do you mind Jaejoong if I stand gaurd outside your room. I am worried for your safety." Yunho had the look of concern in his eyes.

"Do as you wish but unless you are called in here do not come. That is all I ask." I glanced at him.

He bowed and left. I watched his strong frame leave my room and I was able to breathe. Why is this dream haunting me? Why now? My head was spinning. I should rest.

If only tonight I can... go