Chapter 4: Deal

Change of Heart

Rein’s mind was wandering into lalaland, *ahem* I mean, into wonderland as she found herself cornered and bombarded with all sorts of questions made by no other than her friends who have found the secret she has kept so hard from them and now she had no choice but to spill it all out to them without missing a detail.

“Believe me. I was planning to tell you guys about it but I also know how busy you both were and you seem to be enjoying your stay here in Hyogazaki College. I was afraid that if I mention the matter with you two, you both will be worried and that it might affect your performance here at school and lose focus. I mean, you both really wanted to enjoy your stay here and are both seriously thinking about what to do with our thesis as well so I really don’t want to be a burden to neither of you. Besides, it was not that serious and I can surely handle myself should worse come to worst.” Rein said with pure concern as she held her friends’ hands and talked to them with all sincerity.

“I was just caught up by the situation and now… I never imagined that this will end up like this with you two figuring it out this way.” Rein look down and sighed as she messes up with her hair in frustration.

“You really think you can keep this as a secret from us? I mean, you can keep it from me but not from Yuki.” Sato said with a worried sigh.

“What do you mean?” Rein asked with worry.

“You know that her Tarot Cards talk to her or either way, she can get a good premonition or a dream about it. You know that despite being a slave of Science, she still has connections on the underworld, I mean, the Spiritual and the paranormal stuff we cannot really explain either way. Also, how can we not notice that there is something weird when you have been acting out of yourself for a week already so we had no other choice but to investigate?” Sato said while holding on to her head.

“You mean, you sort of figured it out thanks to her deadly accurate premonitions?” Rein said with wide eyes.

The two were interrupted when they both felt a hard smack on their heads.

“Aaw! Yuki! Why do that again?!” Rein said in pain as Satomi also looked surprised while holding on to the back of her head as she was not used to this sensation.

“You two are talking over there as if I am not here and I can’t hear you. Now tell us the whole story Fukuyama Yuki! If I found out that there is a detail missing, I will kill you.” Yuki said with a scary and serious tone that made the two other friends gulp in fear.

“What else is there for me to tell you when you had already made a way to investigate me for the week and when you just saw me with that weird and creepy guy?” Rein said with a sigh as she looked down.

“We can only make assumptions but it will be difficult for us to help you unless you tell us what happened.” Sato said with a worried look on her face.

“Okay. This is how it happened. Well, during our first day of classes here in Hyogazaki College, we had a very unfortunate chance encounter. I was so sleepy and was so careless that when I went out of the restroom, he saw me and unfortunately, I was not conscious enough to know that my skirt was stuck on my lovely and so he was able to take a snapshot picture of it. I was supposed to take the picture away from him and delete it from his cell but I was really surprised when he said that the picture might reach Seo Joon if I don’t agree to his deal.” Rein said seriously to her friends who are both listening intently.

“You mean, he knows that you are connected to Seo Joon? Your childhood friend which is now in Korea?” Yuki said with a slight flail since it appears that the girl is also a good fan of Park Seo Joon who apparently is Rein’s childhood friend and is now a known celebrity in Korea.

“Not just her childhood friend. She has been smitten to him eversince.” Sato remarked nonchalantly.

“But, how did he know and what was the deal he asked?” Yuki asked curiously.

“He said, I should meet him at the rooftop at lunch. At exactly 12:30pm. That’s why I always go out early during our lunch time. Gomene.” Rein bowed as she hugged her friends.

“We are just worried you know. We know that you can handle yourself but we are still worried about what’s happening with you. Now, tell us what happened next.” Sato said while she gently caresses her hair like a mother to her daughter.

“You see….”

(FLASHBACK)

 

[Rein’s POV]

 

Aish! What am I supposed to do?! I even had to tell Michan and Yukicchii that I need to meet a new girl for a lunch date but I cannot always use that excuse to them. I hope that guy will not do anything weird or else he will see the end of the line for him. But what is his connection with Seo Joon nii and why does he know that I know him as well? I mean, he is an actor so he must be well known but… Aish!!! I can’t think too much! I just need to be there and meet him and erase that damn picture if given a chance. If I need to smash his phone then I don’t mind. Hah! I am so brilliant.

This school is a bit big. That guy is kind of good looking though and I was just thinking that I should be nice to him the next time we meet but this is what he does to me. Mou! If only he wasn’t a ert. Wait… what am I thinking!? Erase those thoughts Rein.

Now I see this guy waiting for me at the rooftop. He looks a bit different now compared to how I saw him back at the café then. He looks like he is also a freshman here and the white long-sleeved polo he is wearing is neatly folded into three fourths now and he is undeniably stunning. I never thought that this ragged look made him so cool.

“You seemed to be so mesmerized by my presence. You falling in love with me already?” What the heck!? Now he is winking at me and wait… was I gaping my mouth too much?! Why is he even holding my chin up?! Oh wait… he is… aish!

“Don’t be too full of yourself! I was just thinking that I can look even cooler than you should I wear the same clothes that you do! Hah!” This is one of those moments when I can say thank you to Satomi for her famous proverb “I am not lying, I am just not telling the truth” hah Rein you are so witty I love you. Wait, I am Rein so, I love myself! Haha!

“Fine then.” Why is this guy giving me that seductive smile and that ultra y wink again and that voice and scent is just amazing. Wait… FOCUS REIN!!! YOU NEED TO GET AWAY FROM THIS ERT! But I just can’t resist that charm! Why can’t I!? Keep a hold of yourself Rein!! Remember, he is a GUY! A FREAKING ERT GUY!

 

“I did my part of the deal. Now why did you bring me here?!” I need to keep up that strong front. I can’t waver in front of him and I need to know what he is totally on about.

“Here.” Eh? Is he a guy of few words and he is handing me a donut and a chocolate drink. Wait? How did he know about it?

“You should eat. Did you have lunch already?” Wait… now he is acting all so gentle and concerned? He is just so weird.

“I did have some lunch already. Please just tell me why need to bring me here and what do I need to do for you to erase that picture?” I am not a patient lady so don’t make me repeat my question and don’t think I will be kind to you just because you gave me donuts.

“Not a very patient lady I presume. Well, I know what I did was not very gentleman of me and I have to apologize for that. But I will be needing your help.” Urgh… just admit that you are a ert.

“What kind of help?! Don’t think of anything erted or else I will wreck your face and all those limbs will be useless!” He needs to know what I can do if he pisses me off so you better be careful of what you’re going to ask for young man.

“Before anything else, let me introduce myself. I am Fujigaya Taisuke and you can call me Taipi. I am glad that you have such a feisty personality. That is exactly the reason why I need your help. I need you to be my girlfriend this weekend. Now Ms. Fukuyama Rein, I know that you are surprised about a lot of things but I got to know you since you are so popular at Hyogazaki High School and news about you when it was known that you are included in the list of the participating students here in Hyogazaki College so I managed to get to know details about you. You see, I am pestered by some ladies and some of them were your ex-girlfriends. It would have been easy if it was just that but there is this one girl that my mom personally chose for me and I am having a hard time shooing her off.” Whoa whoa whoa! This guy knows stuff and had a research about me? I mean, I know I am famous but this is quite too much.

“What makes you think that I will accept that deal? What is in it for me?” I just don’t know what to ask at cases like this though…

“One is, the picture will be disposed of and two, I can put a good name for you to be able to be a part of the drama club in the performing arts. I have connections there. I know that you have talent and skills on that but it will be much easier if I can help you with it.” Now he is smiling and now he looks like he is actually victorious.

“You seemed pretty confident. I refuse. I thought that, I really don’t care about you sending out that picture anyway.” What am I saying? Well, Yuki and Sato always do this to me whenever they are bargaining things with me. This should work out.

“Ehh? That’s sad.” Wait? Why is he walking near me?

“Stay away!” Why is he going near me despite me going further and further away. Oh no! Shoot! There is a wall behind me now and now great. I am usually the one doing the kabedon but now I am the one experiencing it since this guy now has both arms to trap me and I hate the fact that I am a girl now because I am technically smaller than him.

“The only reason for you to not accept this is if you are afraid that you will actually fall in love with me. Don’t get me wrong, the reason I chose you is because you are the perfect candidate. You have great acting skills, you are feisty, you are undeniably pretty and you will not fall in love with me. Well, if you refuse this then…” Wait… what! Why is he so close and why does he have to whisper to me again! Mou! I can clearly feel his heat now. Why can’t I even move?!

“If you refuse this then I can assume that you actually like me.”

“YOU FREAKING ARROGANT NARCISSIST! I am clearly more of a gentleman than you and I will never, I mean NEVER fall in love with you! You think I can’t do it?! Then fine! I will show you that I am indeed that great and that you don’t even need to give me those favors in the drama club. I can do that myself. You should drill to that mind of yours that not all women will fall for your cheap tricks!” This guy is literally pissing me off.

“Thank you then.” What now? He is smiling like crazy now! I can never really tell what this guy is thinking of. erts.

“What is this??” He is now handing me a folder

“That is the information of the girl I am about to date. I want you to familiarize yourself with her. I am scheduled to date her on Saturday which is just two days from now.  I want you to act like my girlfriend. The story is, we fell in love at first sight so there are a lot of things we don’t know much about each other. You are a good actress so I know you can pull this with ease.”

“I see. That makes sense.” I then opened the folder but the sight is just too much for me.

“Wha… Her?!” I never imagined that I will meet her again. But… why her? Of all people… why her?

 

[End of Rein’s POV]