Chapter 10

Miss Hwang

 

 

Chapter 10

 

 

”Fany I’ll go ahead.” 

 

 

Tiffany heard Sooyoung said as she stood in her seat and gets her bag. 

 

 

After the introduction between her brother and her friend, they started chatting while finishing the dinner Sooyoung have brought. 

 

 

Leo and her friend got along just fine as they shared the same interest, one of which was annoying Tiffany. It’s been awhile since her place was filled with laughter. Most of the time when they wanted to hangout she and her friends would always held it at Yuri’s cafe and sometimes at Sooyoung’s house. They seldom do it at her house.

 

 

She was thankful for the distraction her brother and Sooyoung’s presence have brought to her tonight, it helped keep her thoughts away from a certain blonde. 

 

 

“Okay. Are you sure you don’t want to stay longer?” The brunette asked as she also stood from her seat.

 

 

“Yes, and besides I have an early shoot tomorrow so I need to sleep early and have my beauty rest.”

 

 

“Oh I thought you temporarily stopped modeling?” Tiffany asked.

 

 

“Yes but Soojin Unnie requested to me to accept this particular gig. And you know I can’t say no to her.”

 

 

Sooyoung faced Leo and smiled at him. “It was nice meeting you Leo-ssi.”

 

 

“Likewise Sooyoung-ssi. Thank you for taking care of my sister and also thank you for being her friend.” Leo outstretched his hand for a handshake.

 

 

Sooyung shook his hand and said, “No...no, don’t thank me. I was forced to-“ Tiffany slapped her but she and Leo just laughed at her.

 

 

“I’m just kidding.” She chuckled, “Aside from the occasional deafness I’ve experienced because of her, she’s a really good friend. A loyal but a very loud friend.” Tiffany rolled her eyes at Sooyoung.

 

 

“I’m not loud!”

 

 

“Yes you are.” Both Sooyoung and Leo answered while laughing.

 

 

“Ugh..Whatever.” 

 

 

Sooyoung hug the pouting Tiffany then nodded at Leo. “Anyways I’ll go ahead. Again it was nice meeting you Leo-ssi. I’ll see myself out Fany you don’t to send me off. See you. Bye.”

 

 

“Bye.”

 

 

The siblings continued to chat after Sooyoung went home. They talk about a lot of things, well Tiffany was the one who mostly  do the talking and Leo just listens to her stories. She wanted to update her brother on what was happening and what had happened on her life because although their communication was constant when she left the US, it's still different having to tell it to him personally. 

 

 

“Steph, I think I should get going.” Leo said after Tiffany finished talking about how she met her friends.

 

 

“But we aren’t finished talking yet. I still have many things to tell you.”

 

 

“You mean you haven't finished talking yet. You really missed me huh?”

 

 

“Of course! I haven’t seen you in a long time and you haven’t exactly told me the reason why you are here.  Hmm...Why don’t you sleep here?”

 

 

“I want to but I can’t, my things are already in the hotel.” 

 

 

Seeing the sad face of her sister, Leo said “Why don’t you take a day off tomorrow. I’ll pick you up then you can tour me around.”

 

 

Tiffany instantly brightened upon hearing what he said but it lasts long as a frown suddenly appeared on her face.

 

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

 

“I’m not sure if I can take a whole day off tomorrow. I think I can only take a half day off.”

 

 

“It’s okay. Let’s have lunch tomorrow, I’ll pick up at your office then you can tour me around after.” Leo suggested at her.

 

 

Tiffany beamed, “Oppa that was a great idea. Okay let’s do that. Are you sure you don’t want to sleep here?”

 

 

“Yes. We will be seeing each other tomorrow anyway.”

 

 

Tiffany hugs her brother before opening the door. 

 

 

“Goodnight Oppa. I’ll see you tomorrow.” 

 

 

“Yeah goodnight. Be sure to lock your door okay? See you.”

 

 

Leo kissed her cheek and waved as he made his way to the elevator.

 

 

Tiffany closed the door and made sure to securely locked it like what her brother reminded. She went to her room to sleep but when she was about to fall asleep her eyes shot open. “How am I suppose to face Taeyeon tomorrow? Argh." She said as she buried her face in her pillow not really keen on having to encounterher boss early in the morning,

 

 

                                      **********

 

"Chairman shall we go?"

 

What the hell just happened? Taeyeon looked passed her driver who was standing at the open door and saw Tiffany jabbing the elevator button who quickly get on it when it opened. She wanted to run after her secretary when she rushed out of her office, but she stopped herself as she didn't know what to say to her and because she was still in daze after that accidental kiss.

 

 

Too many questions aroused from Taeyeon's mind because of that kiss which she thought was not really a kiss as their lips barely touch one another and besides it’s only on the side of her lips not fully on her lips. But it affected her greatly that she knows that a sleepless night awaits her later.

 

I don’t even know what and how to explain this feeling is. Something must be wrong with me maybe I should see a doctor.

 

 

“Chairman?”

 

 

“What?” Tayeon snapped at the voice that called her.

 

 

“A..a..are you ready to go?” Her driver nervously answered.

 

 

Taeyeon sighed, “I’m sorry Mr. Park. Please prepare the car I’ll be down in a minute.”

 

 

The driver nodded and bowed at her before he immediately left afraid that his boss would snap at him again.

 

 

While Taeyeon was waiting for the elevator that will take her to the basement parking, she received a message from Sunny.

 

 

From: Sunkyu

 

 

Hey Taengoo, don’t forget my birthday next week. It’s just dinner with a few friends and family. I already told Tiffany to put it on your schedule, so you better be there or else.

 

 

Right! It’s her birthday next week. What should I get her? Taeyeon rode her car and instructed the driver to bring her home while she waited for Sunny to answer her call.

 

 

“Hello. Who’s this?”

 

 

“Yah Sunkyu!”

 

 

“Oh, sorry who’s Sunkyu? I only know Sunny.” Sunny snickered.

 

 

Taeyeon sighed, “Sunny.”

 

 

“Yes Taeyeonie?”

 

 

“What do you want for your birthday?”

 

 

“Yah is that the reason why you called! Put some effort in my gift you midget!”

 

 

Taeyeon could imagine her friend pouting. She chuckled at Sunny. “Technically I’m a bit taller than you so you don't have the right to call me that and have you already forgotten that for the past years you didn’t like any of my gifts. So it’s only  practical too ask what you wanted to for your birthday right.”

 

 

“Hmp your gifts were weird. Who would want a zombie survival guidebook? Definitely not me.”

 

 

 “It’s a good book you know. It may come in handy someday.” Taeyeon answered seriously.

 

 

“How about that giant winking eye bag you gave me? That was really creepy you know. I’ll never got to use it even once. Even my cat got scared when she saw it.”

 

 

“It’s not creepy. It’s a piece of art. The optical illusion of that bag was superb. And I thought you like to wink so I gave a winking bag.” 

 

 

“Ugh...Really Taeyeon! I thought your smart.” Frustration could be heard from Sunny as she continue to rant about Taeyeon’s weird birthday presents.

 

 

“Fine. I’ll think of something you will like.” Taeyeon said just to stop Sunny from ranting.

 

 

Sunny sighed, “Good, better yet asked Tiffany when you buy my gift.”

 

 

Upon hearing the name of her secretary, Taeyeon remembered what happened earlier.

 

 

“Taeyeon?” Sunny said as she doesn’t hear any response from the blonde. She looked at her phone to see if the call was still connected and it is.

 

 

“Yah Kim Taeyeon! Are you still there?”

 

 

Taeyeon pulled the phone away from her ear as her train of thoughts was interrupted by a shouting Sunny.

 

 

“Yes, I’m still here so stop shouting. Anyways, is your cousin back in Korea?”

 

 

“Who?”

 

 

“Duh... your cousin, Chaeyeonie.”

 

 

“Duh... I have so many cousins. I think so. Why?” Sunny curiously asked.

 

 

“I wanted her to do check up on me tomorrow.”

 

 

“Why? Are you sick?” Sunny asked worriedly.

 

 

“I don’t know. I just feel something different so I wanted her do some tests on me.”

 

 

“Oh okay. Just text me the time and I will tell her since I’ll be going to their house right now.”

 

 

“Okay. Thanks Sunny-ah. Bye.”

 

 

“Bye.”

 

 

Taeyeon put her phone in her bag and looked at the car window only to see that they were stuck in traffic. Sighed, It’s gonna be a long night.