Chapter 6

♫♬♩♪ⓝⓞⓞⓝⓐ ⓘⓢ ⓢⓞ ⓟⓡⓔⓣⓣⓨ ♫♬♩♪

Sorry people~!! For my terrible timing for updates!! ^^ I hope that I haven’t lost any readers?? My excuse is this: EXAMSESSAYSDEADLINES….. that sums it up pretty well -_-; Anyway…. This chapter is really sweet in my opinion :) Gah… I love SHINee so much for giving me their characters ^^; no one else could portray their individuality~

 

Taemin sat on a bench in front of the Main Information Office, his breath forming white clouds at the increasingly cold weather. Trying to entertain himself, he swung his thin legs back and forth, his toes barely touching the ground; But growing bored of it, he started fidgeting with the bandages wrapped around his hands; wincing as he grazed the cuts. The boy – Jinki hyung – had told him to stay on the bench for a few minutes while he went to find someone. He had repeated himself three times and had made him promise not to be stupid and wonder off – Taemin nodded and agreed to his words, but not appearing satisfied, he left his phone with him, telling him to press the ‘1’ button in emergency. He looked at Jinki hyung’s phone and the shiny white casing, admiring how it reflected to the light. He did not dare to open it, but held it up, amazed at the flickering digits on the outside cover.

 

The phone suddenly rang in Taemin’s hands, making him jump and nearly drop the phone. He looked at the name on the screen: ‘Noona’.

 

Panicking, he hesitated to open the phone; feeling that he was intruding in hyung’s privacy. But as the phone persistently rang, he awkwardly flicked the lid and answered.

 

‘H-hello?’

 

‘Jinki…? Is that you?’

 

Taemin blinked at the steady, gentle voice – he could swear that he had heard it before. ‘N-no, Jinki hyung’s not with me… He’s gone to look for his noona!’

 

‘What…?’The voice paused; Taemin could literally feel the heavy cascade of emotions through her single word: ‘…Taemin??’

 

He gasped as he recognized the voice also. ‘Y-Youjin noona…??’

 

‘Taemin-ah…!’Her voice was mixed with tears. ‘Oh my god…. Where are you?! Do you even know how much we were worried?!’

 

‘You were… worried?’ Taemin whispered; his heart beating loudly at the prospect. ‘You were worried about… me?’

 

Through the line, Taemin could hear the phone being passed around. A familiar voice suddenly spoke angrily to him: ‘Lee Taemin. I swear, if you don’t tell me where you are right now…’  Kibum hyung’s voice was interrupted with a shaky breath. ‘… Later... We’ll talk about it later… Now, tell me: Where. Are. You?’

 

‘Hyung…’ Taemin’s voice faltered. It was just like before: He didn’t know what he should say or do; whether he should run away or stay; whether he should be honest or dishonest… he just didn’t know, but one thing he was sure of was the fact that he needed his hyungs back. ‘… I-I’m in front of the main Information Office…’

 

The moment he finished speaking, the phone was hung up, and while Taemin waited for them to arrive; he was torn between being scared or happy. He caused them so much trouble… so they were right to be angry - ….right?

 

Suddenly, two familiar faces interrupted his confused array of thoughts; Taemin could see them clearly, their pale, worried form standing out from the crowd of cheerful families. In an instant, he got up and started to run towards the two; desperate to make them notice that he was there.

 

‘Hyung!!’

 

Taemin’s arms reached for their protective warmth. His wide eyes brimmed with tears as he collided heavily into Jonghyun’s arms, making him nearly lose his balance. His brother pulled Taemin’s frail body closer and buried his face into his luscious hair; taking in his child-like scent as reassurance that their youngest was finally safe.

 

Jonghyun’s tense body automatically relaxed as he felt Taemin bury his head in the crook of his neck. Tears fell freely from the younger boy’s charcoal eyes; leaving a thin trail along his porcelain face. He suddenly felt his heavy wave of worry being replaced with anger as he noticed the bandages on Taemin’s hands.

Jonghyun pulled him away from him and grabbed his shoulders.

 

‘What is this?’ He asked icily; looking at the boy’s hands.

 

Taemin couldn’t answer, and started hiccupping loudly as Jonghyun looked at him with disappointed eyes.

 

‘…who told you that you can break our promise? Didn’t we repeatedly tell you that you can’t hurt yourself?!’

 

Taemin continued to hiccup and started to sob. He knew he deserved this, but it didn’t necessarily mean that he wanted to be scolded – right now, he just wanted to be hugged and comforted.

 

Kibum, who was watching the two silently, noticed this instantly. He had not yet said anything to Taemin because he was afraid that his emotions would overtake him if he approached him further – whether it would have been anger or relief he did not know; but the only that mattered now was the fact that Taemin had enough for the day, and everything else could wait.

 

He approached the pair and shook his head lightly at Jonghyun, who got the message and sighed. Kibum gently took Taemin into his arms and softly whispered that everything was fine and that they were no longer mad at him. He felt heartbroken as tears fell with renewed vigor, so he glared at the culprit and mouthed angrily: ‘Do something you idiot!

 

Jonghyun coughed and scratched his head. Maybe he went too far? He caught Taemin’s eye and felt sad when he tried to look away. In an impulse, he took the boy’s chin and lifted it slightly.

 

‘…As long as you don’t do it again.’

 

--------------------------------------------

 

Youjin and Jinki stood, watching the three boys in a distance. Jinki rolled his eyes and raked his hands though his bronze hair – a habit that was growing recently. So, it was TAEMIN who was the missing boy… He looked at the little group and smiled; happy that they were happy. He was going to turn back to talk to noona, but stopped when she suddenly hugged him.

 

He felt himself blush as he felt her hands brush against his.

 

‘N-noona…?’

 

‘Thanks…. For everything today,’ she said softly; leaning her head against his chest.

 

Jinki gasped slightly – did this mean that Youjin noona knew about his feelings…?

 

Youjin smiled at him and his bronze hair. ‘You’re the best brother anyone can ever ask for… although sometimes, I wonder if you are really my YOUNGER brother…’

 

Jinki’s hopes were crushed with her words. He felt his heart throb painfully as she looked happily at him.

 

‘Oh yes, by the way, dear brother…. I really don’t know what I would have done without you – Love you LOTS~’ she laughed and kissed him on the cheek, ruffling his hair.

 

‘Y-yeah noona,’ He managed to pull a smile. ‘I love you too.’

 

Oh yeah – please note that Jinki IS NOT related to Youjin :)  BEFORE you tell me that it’s immoral; as someone had told me earlier -_-; Is everyone comfortable with ??? Cos….. It MIGHT just hint – HINT - sometimes soon – but only if everyone’s happy :)