Chapter 5

♫♬♩♪ⓝⓞⓞⓝⓐ ⓘⓢ ⓢⓞ ⓟⓡⓔⓣⓣⓨ ♫♬♩♪

Hello there beloved readers :D This chapter, for me, was the cutest thing I've ever written~ I was 'awww' ing for ages after :L Okay, I admite I rushed the ending; but OH WELL :P I'm pretty happy with it~ PLEASE ENJOY AND COMMENT~~

 

Everything was a confusing blur; colors of blue and red and yellow and pink and green and black swirled around her; the loud booming music merged to make a series of discordant notes, and nothing could snap her out of her daze; not the soft hands holding her hand’s gently, nor the other firm pair, leading her around the masses of swarming people. Youjin could feel herself shaking; she had lost Taemin for almost 2 hours – and in his conditions... it was more than just disastrous.

 

‘Noona, don’t worry… I’m sure he’ll be fine…’

 

She heard someone whisper next to her, but the only thing she registered was the worry; laced between the reassuring words like a perfect example of an oxymoron. She limply squeezed her phone; she needed Jinki so badly… His beautiful smile, forever promising her comfort and advice. She smiled sadly; it was times like this when she wondered if he was really 3 years younger than her.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

Kibum held onto noona’s slim hands, softly persuading her to follow him and Jonghyun. He was calm because he never felt so scared or so worried in his life, and he had learnt to suppress overflowing emotions. He fought the urge to break down to tears, the urge to scream, and the urge to do anything, ANYTHING, to guarantee Taemin’s safety… The last time he was left alone for this amount of time outside… Kibum shuddered as he remembered his brother, the way that he flopped into his arms, losing consciousness instantly; the way the red enveloped his small fragile body…

 

‘A bad case of Sudden Unipolar Disorder…’

 

That was what Kibum heard from behind the infirmary door. He bit his lips in worry and padded lightly across the corridor to the younger boy’s dorm. He paused in front of the pale yellow door, too afraid to find out what waited behind it. But it concerned Taemin, so he had to look to see if he was okay; besides, that boy almost gave him a heart attack, turning up in the older boy’s dorm in the middle of the night, covered in blood, crying for him and Jonghyun.

 

He winced, pushed the door open and saw Taemin, his thin body stature emphasized by the bandages tightly wrapped around his body. Kibum stepped towards the bed, and Taemin’s head instantly snapped to him, suddenly noticing his brother. Kibum could see that he was torn between running to him in request for a pair of comforting arms, or running away from him. He watched in amusement as Taemin repeatedly looked between him and the door.

 

‘H-Hyung…’ Taemin’s voice faltered as tears started to drop. Kibum ran over to him and pulled him into a hug.

 

‘Shush… It’s okay… I’m not mad at you.’ He Taemin’s soft hair. ‘Just promise me, not to do this again…’

 

‘Y-Yeah… sorry…’

 

Kibum’s delicate face crumpled into a frown; If Taemin did something stupid, he wasn’t letting him get away with just a hug and a promise again…

-----------------------------------------

 

Jonghyun clenched his teeth and pulled noona faster through the crowd; Taemin… Taemin was categorized in his ‘1st reason to live’ group – and he weren’t prepared to let him go like this. He glanced at noona’s phone for the time: 6:54… Damn, it was almost 2 hours; if Taemin had a depression lapse during it, then… he dug his nails into his palms: Would that happen again?

 

Jonghyun ran through the infirmary corridor, his mind in a desperate turmoil. He had been chosen as the ‘Night Transfer’ to an another orphanage yesterday; he had decided not to tell Kibum and Taemin as they would have made a big fuss…

 

‘ sake.’ He swore angrily. The moment he had stepped back into the orphanage, he was told that the boy was in treatment due to heavy blood loss. He clenched his fists, and as he reached the younger boy’s dorm, he reminded himself never to leave his brothers alone any longer than a few hours at the most.

 

Jonghyun grabbed the door handle to the boy’s dorm and wrenched it open. He rushed inside and saw that Kibum was already in, hugging Taemin close. They looked up when he approached them, Kibum’s face brightening and Taemin’s falling as he saw his expression.

 

Jonghyun felt his body relaxing as he saw the two seemingly fine figures on the bed. He raked his hands through his messy brown hair and tiredly walked over to Taemin, who shrunk away slightly. He stopped in front of them awkwardly.

 

‘For god’s sake… If you ever make me run across the entire building again, I swear…’

 

Kibum started to giggle at his attempt to cover his worry; Jonghyun blushed in embarrassment and he ruffled Taemin’s hair quickly: ‘As long as you’re okay… Just, don’t do that again, okay?’

 

-----------------------------------------

 

Jinki weaved through the large crowd, carefully positioning Taemin on his back so he won’t fall off. He had walked with him for the first few minutes, but decided that it would be better if he carried him as he had lost him twice in the few meters they had walked. The boy was so light that Jinki barely felt anything, and he felt appalled at the condition Taemin was in; if he was in the position to, he would have sat him down and forced him to finish a few days worth of food at the least. He felt Taemin shuffle on his back nervously – he clearly wasn’t used to being carried.

 

‘… Are you going to find my hyungs?’ Taemin whispered.

 

‘Of course I am Taemin… I’m sure that they’d be really worried by now. Hyung just needs to meet up with his noona.’ He replied slowly. He just couldn’t help but treat Taemin much younger than he actually was.

 

Taemin lifted his bandaged hands to look at it sadly: ‘But… Kibum hyung and Jonghyun hyung will be so mad at me,’ he sniffed at the thought. ‘I promised them last time not to do this to myself again…’

 

‘Well, that’s your own fault.’ Jinki replied sternly. ‘You shouldn’t have done it in the first place… I know it’s pretty hard – you have ‘Sudden Clinical Depression’, yes?’

 

Taemin blinked and dipped his head in confirmation.

 

‘Well, I used to have it too; when I was living with my ‘family’ a few years ago,’ He smiled bitterly. ‘Much worse than you, and with more than just a piece of glass… 4 times in the emergency room and 2 operations as a result.’

 

Taemin gaped at him. ‘H-How did you stop it?’

 

‘I resisted,’ he said simply. ‘Which means that you can also do it too – clinical depression is partly the fault of the person…’

 

Taemin felt his eyes tearing: ‘That’s what hyung told me… and that I needed to stop thinking about it – But I just… can’t… Whenever I feel alone… I…’ He faltered and buried his face into Jinki’s neck. ‘Everything goes blurry; it’s so… c-confusing!’ He started to sob, uncaring at the looks he got from passer-bys.

 

‘Don’t cry…’ Jinki said, slightly panicking. ‘I-it’s fine to be like that at first!’

 

‘N-no, it’s not!’

 

‘It is!’

 

At Jinki’s hasty reply, Taemin started to cry harder. ‘I-I’t’s not! Even you said it…’

 

Jinki quickly scanned the area and brightened as he saw the certain shop he had been looking for. ‘If you stop crying, I’ll get you some ice-cream!’

 

Taemin blinked and rubbed his eyes to get rid of the tears. ‘Ice-cream…?’ He gasped; He couldn’t believe it – he had never even seen ice-cream before; was the boy really going to give him some??

 

Jinki smiled as he saw Taemin’s face: ‘Yeah! Why don’t we get some when we find your hyungs?’

 

Taemin brightened and agreed enthusiastically; He was sure that they would love it! ‘Yeah!’