Chapter 3

♫♬♩♪ⓝⓞⓞⓝⓐ ⓘⓢ ⓢⓞ ⓟⓡⓔⓣⓣⓨ ♫♬♩♪

 Hello everyone :D This is Harumi95 speaking - this update was really nice to write (except for one bit *shudder*), so please enjoy and comment!

NOTE: the theme park that I am referring to in this fic really DOES exist :) But I can't remember Seoul park (or Seoul land) clearly, so it maight be a little hazy (as I was writing from memory)... 

 

The park was the most surprising place Jonghyun had ever been to. The brilliant lights dotted around the rides; the colourful advertising banners hanging on the lamps; the pink striped candy-floss stalls; the loud booming music from different shops; screams of delight from children – Everything was too overwhelming... No, he corrected himself, everything was amazing.

 

He followed the girl through the confusing haze of people, taking in the busy streets in awe. It was so different from the orphanage’s grave, deathly atmosphere; he wondered how the two places could co-exist in the same world.

 

Next to him, he could feel Kibum shrinking away from the unfamiliar surroundings. He gently cupped his delicate hand, giving him a reassuring look to calm him down.

 

‘Don’t worry Kibum; everything’s going to be fine – okay?’ Jonghyun whispered.

 

‘Y-yeah’ Kibum answered shakily. ‘Hyung, we better hurry, noona is ahead of us…’

 

Jonghyun looked towards the girl and found that she was nearly out of site. He quickly led Kibum to her: losing track of her in this place would be disastrous.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Youjin looked over to them when they arrived next to her. She could see that both of them were nervous – even Jonghyun, although he tried to hide it more than Kibum. Smiling gently, she took Jonghyun’s other hand, startling him at the unexpected contact.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Jonghyun lowered his face in attempt to hide his furious blush. His heart thumped loudly as he slowly registered noona’s soft hand holding his. It was his first time in his life to have his hands held, and he savoured every moment of it. For once, he wasn’t the oldest; he wasn’t in charge – He was the one being looked after. Jonghyun tightened his grip on her hands and was grateful for the dim lights as he felt his face heating up once again.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Kibum watched the scene half with burning jealousy and the other half with utter surprise. It was the first time he saw Jonghyun hyung act his age – he had matured too quickly for him and Taemin… He pouted angrily; he couldn’t feel bad for him NOW, not when he was taking noona’s attention away from him.

 

‘Right,’ He grumbled crossly. ‘If you’re holding hands, so am I!’ He let go of Jonghyun’s hands and took Youjin’s other one instead. At his hyung’s shocked and amused face, he stuck his tongue out, throwing a glare at him.

 

Youjin laughed at the two boys’ annoyed expressions and wrapped her arms lightly around them. They instantly blushed furiously and turned away from her, trying to still their beating hearts.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Taemin was lost.

 

He slowly leaned against the fence, shuddering slightly at the chilling wind. He was done trying to find them – no one was going to come looking for him anyway. His hyungs abandoned him, and so did his new teacher. His eyes blurred, but he forced it back; he had learnt long ago that he shouldn’t cry outside in the public.   

 

From the corner of his eyes, he spotted something shining brightly. He instinctively reached for it and found that it was a piece of glass. He looked at it blankly, twisting it in the light to see the reflections. It was so pretty… he wondered if it would hurt if he pressed his fingers against the edges - his hyungs would probably disagree, but they weren’t here. So Taemin tried, and found that it relieved his overflowing emotions. He wrapped his whole hands around it and tried squeezing it; pain shot up his arm and blood started oozing out of his cuts. But he continued, because he enjoyed it; He enjoyed the relief that it gave him. Crimson blood started to stain his uniform sleeves, and he squeezed harder, wanting the stain to spread quicker.

 

‘What are you doing?!’

 

Taemin snapped out of his daze and reeled backwards as the pain started to envelope him. A pair of strong arms held him firmly, snatching away the piece of glass away from his hands. He looked up, confused at the situation.

 

‘I said, what the hell were you doing?!’ a boy asked him angrily.

 

Taemin felt the emotions he locked away starting to overwhelm him. He didn’t know who the person was or why he was angry at him, but he had never felt so safe in a stranger’s arms.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Jinki frowned at the boy he was holding. What the hell was he thinking? He could have been seriously injured! He was about to question him further when he noticed the blood, dripping freely from the boy’s hands. Jinki’s eyes widened, he needed to get it bandaged up quickly, or he might faint from heavy blood loss! He started to lead the boy towards a bench, when suddenly, tears started to fall form the boy’s eyes. Jinki blinked, what was he supposed to do in a situation like this?

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Youjin weaved through the crowd in the fairground, shouting Taemin’s name repeatedly. She was getting more and more desperate as time passed by; it had already been almost twenty minutes since Taemin disappeared – she felt like crying; how stupid can she get?

 

Jonghyun and Kibum ran next to her, their normally placid faces slowly crumpling to a devastated frown. They had to find him – he was too precious to them to lose this easily.

 

Where are you?