All eyes on me

A er for Happy Endings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was after dance practice when Jennie saw her.

 

Just as Jennie was about to take her duffel bag and leave the studio after a long day of dance practice, she spotted a familiar attire from the frosted glass walls of the practice room. Knowing Jisoo, she must’ve left something behind. Not wanting to leave her best friend to go home alone, Jennie stood outside of the practice room waiting for Jisoo to emerge.

 

What she wasn’t expecting, however, was the sound of music coming back on.

 

Curiosity getting the better of her, Jennie tiptoed to see through the partially frosted glass walls of the dance room. The first thing she saw was Jisoo’s pursed lips and her body moving about. It didn’t take much for Jennie to be able to tell that she was still practicing. Lowering herself from the tips of her toes, Jenie moved towards the door, watching from its glass window. Jisoo didn’t notice her at all, for her back was turned and it seemed that she was too engrossed with dancing. Jennie knew her best friend had always been a hard worker, but this was too much.

 

They had all been practicing the whole day, and Jennie was sure Jisoo didn’t need any more practice. Even Lisa, who was always the most enthusiastic about their dance practices rushed to get home and sleep after their choreographer was satisfied with their moves. Sure, Jisoo had been scolded the most, but that was simply because she needed a bit more time to learn the moves. Unlike the rest of Blackpink, Jisoo was never much of a dancer to begin with. Lisa was part of a dance crew when she was younger, Chaeyoung was a cheerleader, and while Jennie herself was never a part of dance group, dancing was still one of her hobbies.

 

It irked Jennie that their choreographer simply couldn’t understand that if he just slowed down a little bit, Jisoo would’ve been able to perform with less mistakes. He couldn’t expect her to pick up the moves as fast as Lisa, who was practically a supercomputer at learning dance moves. It irked her even more that he seemed to get even more pissed off if Jisoo made a mistake but would simply say that it’s okay if Chaeyoung stumbled a bit during their dance.

 

Putting her thoughts aside, Jennie watched Jisoo’s figure flawlessly move to the faint beat of their newest track, Ddu-du Ddu-du , noting that her best friend had significantly improved from before. Her moves were sharper, more pronounced, and definitely more confident than before. Jennie felt pride and admiration watching her best friend as a smile unconsciously blossomed from her lips.

 

Kim Jisoo was always bright and carefree on camera, saying and doing anything that’s on the top of her mind, but still managed to answer serious questions in the blink of an eye. She was always setting the mood of the group, and ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter