Xs and Os

A er for Happy Endings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything had come crashing down as soon as Jennie had walked into their dorm that night. She was absolutely exhausted and had decided that she would definitely just pass out on the couch instead of walking a minute longer to get to her room, had she not seen that the enticing piece of furniture that seemed to call for her tired feet was currently occupied.

In all honesty Jennie should’ve known this was going to happen, but she didn’t think it would be this soon. She barely had the time to get over her crush and move on like she had originally planned. Jennie almost forgot that she she shouldn’t be here, and that she should get the out as she took the scene right in front of her.

 

Lisa was sitting on the couch with Chaeyoung.

 

It would’ve been fine if Lisa wasn’t making out with Chaeyoung right then and there.

 

Jennie felt her heart tear into tiny little pieces as she held back tears that threatened to spill over at any moment. It felt as if someone had plucked out the last petal of the flower and yelled “She loves me not” right in front of her face.

 

It was beyond painful for her to watch, but Jennie didn’t know why she couldn’t tear her gaze away from them.

 

Deep down, however, Jennie knew it was because she wished it could’ve been her. She wished that she was the one Lisa looked at with those adoring eyes. She wished she was the one Lisa would banter with during the day and cradle in her arms after a day of hard work. She wished that she was the one Lisa would automatically link her arms with as soon as they step out of the plane. She wished she was the one Lisa would run towards to hug and scream and cry on whenever they had bagged an award. She wished she was the one contact Lisa saved on her phone with a cute nickname.

 

Jennie wished that she was the one.

 

But she wasn’t, and she would never be.

 

Not with the way Lisa looked at Chaeyoung, her eyes determined and ready to give the world to her lover if she had simply asked. Not with the way Lisa spoke to Chaeyoung, her voice dripping with adoration whenever she spoke to her. Not with the way Lisa held Chaeyoung, her protective arms ready to shield her from anything that could caus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter