Uneasy Feelings

Pebbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the past, Kihyun would only notice the sand kingdoms created by the many small humans on the shore. When he would watch the beachgoers from afar, he wouldn’t care to pay attention to them, instead focusing on their small creations.

 

So now, as he slips his head above the waterline, he examines their behavior. He watches as they move around in funny ways and hold onto each other. He watches as they lay down and become a shade darker. He watches as they eat food and make sounds from little boxes. He watches as people move in even funnier ways in response to the different sounds from said little boxes.

 

It all confuses him. He likes the sand castles. But today, there are none.

 

But he continues to observe because he wonders if Changkyun does all this stuff too when he’s with his other humans. He also wonders why Changkyun always comes alone. He’s never seen him with another human, though he does talk about one or two others every so often.

 

He’s mentioned someone named Hyungwon, who seems like an older brother. He’s also said something about a Hyunwoo human, who is closer with Hyungwon. But other than that, he hasn’t said much else.

 

Kihyun watches some more at the many humans gathered in divided groups he assumes are families and hopes the sun will set sooner today. He misses Changkyun.

 

He dives beneath the surface and goes to the bottom of the ocean. He rests in the sand and now watches the fish swim in flurries above him. They’re behaving strangely and it takes Kihyun less than a second to understand why.

 

With cautious and alert eyes, he scans the open waters above and around him. His skin grows bumps and he’s sure it’s close by. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter