You!

Summer Moon

Junjin enters his manager’s office, he is intrigued by the text he received. He has not done any commercial work in a while and he is excited to get back to it. 

“Have a sit” his manager tells him as he enters the room

“What is this job you texted me about?” Junjin asks as he sits.

“It’s for a small café business. The owner is looking for some exposure but has a small budget for the ads” 

“Did he ask for me specifically?” 

“No, she was referred to us by Joon Gi, he is friends with the owner and talked very highly of her.”

“Her? ok, is it a new business? Is that why she needs someone as famous as me?” he says with a grind. 

His manager laughs “I don’t know, that is something you can ask her when you meet with her”

“Ok, how much is the money? How many shoots? Do you have a contract?” he asks eagerly 

“It’s some online and print work” he looks through his notes “the paid can be negotiated… she mentioned 3 to 4 short photo shoots. If you are interested we can go meet the owner tonight to go over the details” 

“Ok, what time are we meeting her?” Junjin leans back on the chair. 

“I have another meeting so you will be meeting her first at 6 then I will come later” his manager tells him. 

“Ok, sounds good” junjin is excited about possibility to help a small business. 

“Here is her card” he points to the website at the bottom “you can look at the website so you can know a bit about the shops before meeting with her”

“Perfect” he looks at the card and reads the name of the café quietly “Summer Moon”

“It’s a casual meeting so don’t stress over it. I have talked to her and she is very nice” he smiles “I didn’t send her a picture of you; she wanted to meet you in person before making a decision”

“Really?” He puts the card in his wallet and nods as he gets up “ok, I will see you tonight then”

“See you!” his manager calls after him 

He has a few hours before having to go meet the owner. He goes home to change his clothes, he wasn’t expecting to have any meetings and he doesn’t feel ready for a meeting. Although it is a casual meeting he wants to make a good first impression. He takes out the card from his wallet and sees that the café is not too far from the office. Takes out his laptop and starts looking at the website, he likes the esthetic of the café, the menu is very appetizing. He finds a picture of the staff, a petite woman is behind the counter, a determined but friendly look in her eyes. He tilts his head “huh, she looks familiar” he thinks for a minute but can’t remember where he has seen her. 

Junjin looks at his watch he has just enough time to make it to the café. He reaches the café with a few minutes to spare; he walks in and looks at the menu while he waits for the barista who is busy. As he stands he draws in a few curious eyes and he politely bows their way. 

He steps up to the counter “Hi I am here to meet” he pauses as he looks at the business card. 

 “Yes, she is waiting for you upstairs” The barista looks star stuck and  interrupts him “umm…this way please” she motions for him to follow her and leads him up the stairs to a softly lit terrace. She leads him to a table with a spread of assortment of pastries and a French Press brewing.

“Please have a sit, she will be with you in a minute” the barista bows and goes back downstairs

He sits and inhales deeply, the smell of the fresh coffee invading his nose. He looks at the beautifully spread of pastries and his stomach grumbles. He touches his stomach and looks around to see if anyone heard it but the few people who are there do not pay him much attention. He hears his name as he is about to eat one and quickly sets it down, standing up and facing the person who spoke his name. 

He looks at the person in front of him and his mouth drops. “You!” 

The person in front of him stands in as much disbelief as he is.