Perspective

Summer Moon

Hansoo sits in her office looking over the mountain of paperwork. If it’s not one thing it’s something else, it never ends. No one ever said that owing a business was easy. She could ask her family for help but she is too proud and stubborn to do that. In this business she has had to learn to be tough, to have a thick skin. 

“How did it go?” A voice coming from the door startles her. 

Her best friend and partner in crime, Lee Joon Gi, is at the door. 

“Make some noise before coming in. You almost gave me a heart attack.” She dramatically holds her hand to her chest.

He laughs “I called your name 500 times. It’s not my fault you are too into your work. If you would just look up once in a while you would see the world around you.” 

She stands and walks towards the couch “yeah, because I am missing so much” she rolls her eyes. ‘Come sit” she sits and pats the sit next to her.  

Joon Gi comes and sits next to her “something wrong?” he leans close to her face “you look like a raccoon” 

“Yah!” she playfully pushes him away “how can you say that to your best friend” 

He falls back on the couch laughing “what?! I’m just making an observation” 

She pouts and touches the skin below her eyes “it doesn’t look that bad” 

“Sure, sure… keep telling yourself that” his face changes “so how was the meeting? Did you like him?” 

“I like that he might be willing to work with my budget but I doubt he will want to work with me” she starts playing with her watch. 

“What did you do?” he knows her personality and as sweet as she is, she also has a quite a temper. 

She fakes a hurt look “Me?! What do you mean?”

He pinches her cheeks and laughs “aigoo, don’t think you can convince me with that look”

She rubs her cheek and sits back on the couch “well you know that guy I argued with two weeks ago?” 

He laughs and shakes his head, he knows where this is going.

“It’s him” She burrows her head into his shoulder. 

He laughs startling her. “Your tempter finally got you”

“It’s not funny, I…I… had a right to be mad” she stutters 

“Let’s be honest” he gives her a stern look “yes, you might have had a reason but you took out your anger on him”

Hansoo takes a breath and avoids his eyes. 

“I know things haven’t been easy lately” he takes her hand “but you can’t hold on to anger and disappointment and then blow up” 

She takes her hand away and sits back on the couch.

He takes her hand again “you can’t push people away. You need to ask for help” he pats her head “this new thing you are doing for the café is great and it’s just the start. Things are just going to keep getting better” 

She nods “I know”

“I’m glad you asked me for help with this project.” he smiles “ok, what are you going to do now?”

“I have to reach out first” she says quietly

“And…” 

“And convince him to work with me” she avoids his eyes. 

He laughs “yes but also apologize”

She makes a shocked face “what?!...me apologize” she sinks on the couch defeated. 

“I know, you are right. I do have a problem with my temper… he didn’t completely deserve it” she pauses “I will admit that” 

He throws his hands up in victory “wait… I didn’t record it” takes out his phone “say it again”

She punches him lightly “no” she says with a smirk “you should always be prepared”

He gets up and pulls her up with him and gives her a hug “since I am sure you have not eaten, let’s go and have dinner, I am starving”

“You know me too well” she heads to her desk “give me a few minutes while a make a call”

Joon Gi gives her a thumps up and walks out. 

Hansoo sits and stares at her phone. 

 Joon is right. she smiles he always is 

She sighs, picks up the phone and dials. She hears the ringing and her heart races, she doesn’t understand why she is so nervous. 

She clears “Mr. Park?”