Ready or not

Summer Moon

It's still dark outside when Hansoo’s alarm goes off.  She flips over and reaches for her phone… it's 5:30 am. She groans not wanting to get out of bed, she was so nervous she hardly slept. Today is the day of the first shoot and it's her first time working with someone of Junjin’s caliber.

 
After Junjin signed the contract she thought she had time to get everything ready but Jinjin has to go overseas unexpectedly making her go into overdrive trying to get everything ready as fast as possible, everything has to be perfect. 


After laying in bed for a few more minutes she gets up. She yawns and rubs her eyes like a small child ready for a nap. After washing up she walks to the kitchen, something graces her leg startling her. She looks down and her cat Fiona looks up at her demanding to be fed. Hansoo picks her up and snuggles her before the cat decides she has had enough and wriggles her way out of Hansoo’s arms. She scratches the cat behind the ears and feeds her. 


Hansoo starts the coffee machine and goes back to get dressed. She stands in front of her closet; she will not be in front of the camera but still want to look professional, comfortable but professional. She grabs a pair of black jeans, a red blouse and a pair of white sneakers. She hears beeping and smiles, her coffee is ready. She grabs a thermos and pours the coffee, the smell of it waking her up more. 


Hansoo looks at her phone it’s already 6:15; she groans, how did it get so late already? The shoot will be before the cafe opens so she needs to leave now to get everything ready. Junjin will arrive at 8 and she doesn’t want to make him wait. that would not be very professional. Hansoo grabs her things and heads to the door, Fiona meows from the sofa. 


“I will be back don’t miss me too much,” she says to the cat who already started grooming herself ignoring her owner. 


Hansoo arrives at the cafe and sees Joon Gi’s car, she is surprised to see him here. She walks over and knocks on the window. Joon Gi looks at her with a mildly irritated look in his face. 


“You are late,” he says 


“I  know but what are you doing here?” she looks at him carefully “why are you mad?” she asks confused


“Because I have been waiting for you” he loves messing with her, she must be really tired she doesn’t notice he is joking. 


“I’m sorry, you should have called I didn’t know you were waiting,” she says in a quiet voice, this is the last thing she needs getting into an argument with her best friend. 


She tugs at his shirt “Oppa” she says in her most sweet voice knowing he hates it. 


He laughs “that does not suit you at all,” he says and puts an arm around her shoulders “I’m kidding” he leads her towards the entrance. 


“YAH!” she moves away and hits him on his side “are you kidding me? Do you know how nervous I am about today and you are messing with me?!” she goes to hit him again but he swiftly moves laughing so hard he has tears in his eyes. 


“I know… I know” he says between laughs “come on. I'm here to help. When is everyone getting here?” he pulls her towards him again and takes the bags she is carrying. 


She rolls her eyes “The staff should be here any minute to help set up and Mr. Park will arrive at 8.” she opens the door “ It shouldn’t take long for him to get ready so we should start latest at 9” 


“Perfect. tell me what you need” he sets the bags down 


The shoot will be in the front of the cafe and the terrace, she wants to showcase the atmosphere. Hansoo gives him instructions and he starts working getting the counter ready. The staff arrive 10 minutes later and immediately start working setting up the terrace. The makeup artist arrives and Joon Gi tells her where to go set up. It’s almost 8 and Hansoo looks around everything is coming along well. She goes to her office and sees the makeup is set up, looks at the cafe uniform Junjin will be wearing; she was glad he liked the idea. 


Junjin arrives at the cafe 10 minutes early, he could really use a cup of coffee. He feels bad that things had to move up but he could not pass up the opportunity that came up. He was glad Hansoo understood. 


He walks into the cafe and the coffee smells hit him making him smile. He looks around and sees everyone working hard. He is pleasantly surprised, if he didn’t know any better he would think he was working with a professional photographer. He is happy he decided to work with her. 


Junjin hears his name and sees Lee Joon Gi, he knew they were friends but didn’t realize they were this close. He walks to Joon Gi and they politely greet each other. This is the first time they meet so things feel a bit awkward. 


“Hansoo is in her office finishing some work,” Joon Gi says looking around “the makeup artist is  somewhere around here and I believe the clothes you will wear are in Hansoo’s office” 


Junjin nods “thank you” 


He leads them to a table full of food and drinks “Here is some catering so help yourself to the food” Joon Gi points to big drink container “Hansoo made the coffee, make sure to have some, it’s delicious” Joon Gi grabs a sandwich


“I will, thank you” he looks around “everything looks great”


“It better be” Joon Gi laughs as he leads them to Hansoo’s office “ Hansoo is quite demanding when it comes to her cafe” 


Junjin nods “she seems to be a very reserved person” he pauses “ or maybe she just doesn’t like me,” he says seriously


“ I heard what happen between you two” Joon Gi lets out a small laugh 


“you heard?” Jinjin says “She apologized but I still feel like she is still mad at me” 


“She apologized so that is huge. Don’t worry, if she didn’t like you you would not be here; trust me. When it comes to business she is very serious. Don’t take it too personally”


They get to her office and Joon Gi opens the door without knocking. Hansoo is about to yell at him when she sees Junjin walking right behind him. 


She bows “ Good morning Mr. Park” 


“Good Morning” he bows back. 


Joon Gi walks towards Hansoo and places the sandwich in her hand “ Eat before you start”


“I’m fine” she tries to give him the sandwich back


“All you had was coffee, you need to eat” Joon Gi places the sandwich on the table and pats her head. 


“Ok, I will leave you two” he looks at Hansoo “I will check if everything is ready” he walks towards the door. 


“Thanks” she gives him a warm smile “ah! can you make sure the terrace is ready first? I want to use the natural light so want to shoot there first” 


Junjin looks at their interaction and wonders if they are more than just friends. 


“Ok, I will check” he gives Junjin a small bow 


Junjin bows back before turning to Hansoo and he can see the air has changed. She is relaxed but her attitude has definitely changed to business mode.  


She walks around her desk and picks up the uniform “ here is the uniform Mr. Park, I hope it's to your liking”


Junjin takes it and looks at it “ it’s great” 


She nods “great. I will call in the makeup artist” she motions of him to sit “ we still have time so there is no rush” 


“thank you” he sees that the makeup is neatly set on her desk 


She sees him looking “sorry we don’t have  a proper makeup room,” she says apologetically 


He shakes his head “ it’s ok” 


She heads towards the door “the makeup artist will be in soon. do you need anything else?”


“no, thank you” he smiles at her.


“ok, I will be right outside if you need anything” she gives him a small smile and bows before leaving the office. 


A few minutes later he hears a knock and sees a young girl at the door with a cup of coffee and food. 


“Sorry, Ms. Choi has sent this for you,” the girl says shyly 


He smiles as he takes the food “thank you” 


This will be a fun day he thinks