Meeting

Summer Moon

 Junjin?...that must be his stage name. I should have asked for the pictures; she thinks. 

 She stands up straight and forces a smile, this is a business meeting after all, it doesn’t matter how much she  dislikes him. 

Junjin watches her walk his way and cannot believe that this girl is the same one who almost ripped his head off. “You remember me, don’t you?” he asks slowly.

“Hello Mr. Junjin… or should I call you Mr. Park?”  she asks him not taking her eyes off of him. 

“umm… Junjin is fine.” He can tell she is not too happy to see him. 

 “Thank you for meeting with me.” She gives him a bow and stretches her hand “I am Choi  Han Soo, owner of Summer Moon” 

He takes her hand “Nice to meet you Choi Han Soo” 

“Please have a seat” she motions to the chair and she sits in front of him. 

He sits and leans forward "So we are not going to talk about what happened?”  After the argument they had he is surprise she is acting like nothing happened. 

She looks at him and her face hardens. “Look Mr. Park” she emphasis his name. “Yes, I am still upset that you broke my camera and refuse to apologize” 

He looks at her dumbfounded “what?! I didn’t...”

She interrupts him “BUT this is business so for now I will put that aside.” Her face softens again and hands him the contract.

“Anyway if we work together I will just deduct the repair cost from your first pay check” she looks at him and gives him a smirk.

She takes him by surprise all he can do is laugh, he looks down and whispers “wow, women are scary” he takes the contract and flips through the pages. “is that included in the contract?” 

“Ah, that is not a bad idea” she reaches for it and he pulls it out of her reach. 

He starts carefully looking over it and looks up at her “can you tell me more about what you are looking for?” he sets the contract down. 

She tells him about the café; how she wants to create a welcoming, warm place for people to come to when they need to relax. She tells him about the process of choosing the beans, how they roast the beans in house and how she is involved in every aspect of the business. He listens attentively, and marvels at how her face and voice change, he can tell how passionate she is. 

She sees him watching her and clears . “Anyway, I envision the ads to fit the season. The locations would vary but one location for sure would be the roasting room. The ads would be displayed in all of the 5 locations and on the website” She gives him her portfolio. “I will be taking the pictures. I am not a professional photographer but I can assure you that the pictures will be taken with the greatest care and I will take your opinion into consideration.” 

He takes it and looks through the pictures and is pleasingly surprised. Now he understands why the camera was such a big deal. 

“How are you two getting along” his manager says as he approaches them. 

She stands and gives him a bow “Please sit. We were just going over some of the details”

“So, what do you think Junjin?” the manager takes the portfolio and looks through pictures “these are really nice, did you take them?” he looks over at her.

She bows and shyly smiles “yes I did, thank you for your kind words” 

Junjin looks at her and shakes his head, how can she can change her voice so quickly. 

She gives him a look and mouths what? 

He mouths why are you acting so sweet? 

Because he is nice. She mouths back

 He pouts and mouths I am nice too

She smiles and rolls her eyes 

“I think it’s a good offer but it’s your decision.” The manager looks up. 

Han Soo sits up and smiles softly. “ I know the money is not much… not as much as you are used to but I hope you consider working with me” she hates to admit it but he has the perfect look, no wonder Joon Gi recommended him. 

“I agree, I like the concept. I’ll read the contract carefully and I will let you know when I make a decision.” He looks at her

“Ok” she pours coffee for them and places the cups in front of them “while you talk about the contract please have some of our coffee” She pushes the plate of pastries towards them “these are some of our most popular pastries, please enjoy”

“Thank you, will you join us?” the manager asks

“Unfortunately I can’t. Thank you for your time, if you have any questions you can call me anytime” she stands “but please let me know as soon as possible” she gives them a bow and walks away. 

A smile crosses Junjin’s face; even if she was mean to him he likes her attitude.