If I Ever Feel Better

7 Years of Love

 

Kyuhyun's POV
He finds memories of her everywhere. He'll be walking down the street, and the scent of cookie dough will float towards him on the breeze, and he will be back with her, mixing chocolate chips into the batter. Sometimes it's the sight of things; he will catch moonlight glinting on water and he will think of the creek on the night he first kissed her. When he sings, he imagines her next to him, looking at him with such admiration.
 
At night, he lies in the silence and the dark with the windows open, the roar of traffic numbing his ears. He can feel her, sometimes, in the touch of sheets against his skin. He sees her when he wakes in the morning; he leaves his eyes half-open when he turns to face the other side of the bed during the golden dawns, and he sees her hair splayed across the white pillowcase, feels the gentle wash of breath against his skin…but all eyes must open eventually, and she is gone.
 
He holds on to his music; it is the one rope to his sanity he refuses to let go. His music that she loved so much, but eventually drove her away.
 
His fellow members are supportive, but they always tell him to move on. He can't move on.  Kyuhyun doesn't fall in love easily, and when he does, he falls hard. He'd never been more in love with someone before. He really thought they really would stay together forever. Now he's being torn, between his love for singing and his love for her. It's her. It has always been her.
~~~
 
The noise wakes him up, as usual. Kangin runs around the dorm tourturing Eunhyuk, Yesung is talking to his turtle, Heechul talks to himself through the mirror, Ryeowook sings while preparing breakfast, and Leeteuk is trying to calm everyone down.  
 
"EVERYONE STOP!" yells the leader. Suddenly everything is quiet, and he continues. "Remember, today we have concert and we're performing our new song, It's You." Everyone nods, and instantly, the chatter starts up again. Kyuhyun remains silent, hunched over on the couch.
"Hey Kyu, please don't think about her. I know it's hard but it's been three years." Siwon sits down next to him. "If you two were meant for each other, you will see her again, I promise. God has a plan for everyone and He knows what He's doing. He would never break up two people who were meant to be forever. Think about it. Maybe your time apart has made your love stronger."
 
He finally smiles at Siwon's encouragement. "Thanks, hyung. I'm hoping your right." If fate allowed, he would see her again!
 
Siwon ruffles Kyu's hair, and he gives an annoyed snort in reply. Siwon laughs. "Now the old Kyuhyun is back! Come on, let's get breakfast before the other members eat it all. They consume as much food as adult elephants!"
~~~
 
"Ready? We're on in 3, 2, 1!" the manager shouts.
 
Kyuhyun and the other 12 members run on stage, hearts pounding, adrenaline rushing through them. He sings with all his heart, because these are the words he actually wants to tell her.
 
"It's you.
I don't need anyone else, it's only you for me
Even if you ask again, it's only you for me
Even if you have another love already
I can't forget you, I can't turn back."
 
It's you, you, and it will never stop being you. We will meet again, and I need to tell you how much you mean to me. I won't let you slip away this time, and maybe we can finally have our fairy tale ending.