Love is a Complicated Thing

7 Years of Love

I woke up to the sound of my doorbell. Slipping on some fuzzy slippers, I shuffle toward the front door and peer through the keyhole. A grinning Kyuhyun is staring at me through the door. Smilling back, I open the door and run into his arms. 

"Hey," I whisper, burying my face in his neck. 

"Hey," he whispers back, "do you wanna hang out in the city today? I'll have to be leaving Korea soon for our tour in China."

I pout, "But you've only been here for a week. Okay I'll go change, the less time we waste, the more time we have together!"

I run back to my bedroom and open my closet, looking for something pretty to wear for him. I quickly choose a cute skirt, and a matching skirt. Then I pull on a white cardigan just in case it gets chilly outside. Walking back to the living room where Kyu was sitting, I do a twirl for him, letting my skirt billow around me. "Tah dah!"

He is smiling again, a huge derpy, lopsided smile. 

"What is it?" I ask, his contagious grin spreading to me. 

He replies in his adorable English, "You are so gorgeous."

I laugh, "Well thank you. Let's get going, shall we?"

We practially spend the whole day together, starting off with breakfast in a tiny but cozy shop. Kyuhyun is dressed in a disguise, complete with fake but realistic looking facial hair, so no one recognizes him. Then we go shopping at a huge department store near the heart of the city. Oddly, Kyu is actually a pickier shopper than I am, spending hours trying things on. We also watched a movie and had a picnic luch at the park. Kyuhyun had everything perfectly planned...it was amazing. At night, he brings me to a fancy restaurant which he had reservations for. When I see the price of the food, I have a mini heart attack.

"Don't worry I'll pay for you," Kyuhyun chuckles, amused by my reaction. 

After dinner, we take a long stroll through the city. neon city lights and a silver moon lighting up darkness. 

Kyuhyun turns to look at me. "I have one more place to show you."

But as we go to cross the road, I feel something isn't right. Although it was a red light and people were crossing the street, one car keeps driving. The driver looked as if he had too many drinks at dinner and swerves along the road just as Kyuhyun stepped of the sidewalk. 

I scream for him to stop, bolting toward him and pushing him out of the way of the car. And then the pain hits me, and all my senses shut off. All I feel is pain. All I see is darkness.