Down By the Creek

7 Years of Love

Kyuhyun's POV

The manager-hyung finally decided to let the members take a break from performances, photoshoots, and other other activities to spend time with their families.


"Umma, Appa!" Kyuhyun called, a wide grin on his face. "Oh gosh, it's been so long. I missed you guys so much."

Instantly, his parents smothered him with hugs. His mother kissed his forehead. "How's our little pop star? We're so proud of you. Let's go out to eat lunch at that noodle place you love. We have so much catching up to do! You have to tell me everything about life as a famous singer, arasso? Are the other boys treating you well?"

"Yes, Umma," he laughs, amused by his mother's enthusiasm. "They treat me like their little brother and give me great advice." Kyuhyun helps his dad pack his suitcases in the car. 
Later, they arrive at the resturant. He has to stay undercover since there might be fans there, too. Sometimes he hates not being able to have a normal personal life anymore, and he's glad that he can spend this time with his parents. Though sometimes, he can't help but roll his eyes at some of his mom's questions. Finally, luch is finished and it's time to return home....to his real home.

"Welcome home, Kyu," Umma smiles. He enters the home and everything almost seems exactly the same. His bedroom remains untouched since the last time he was in there, three years ago. The kitchen is still filled with scent of his favorite dishes cooked by his mother and his old piano lays unplayed in the living room. He recognizes ever floorboard, remembers which stairs creak when they're stepped on, and where everything is. Even his old gaming system remains in its original spot.

He is suddenly overwhelmed with his past, with memories of his sister, his parents, his friends, and especially her. And suddenly, he thinks of the little creek near his home. He remembered this path that they used to travel almost everyday, and he runs out the door, retracing the steps of his youth. Ignoring the shouts of his parent to come back, he runs behind his house. The creek was the place where they first met, practically a lifetime ago. It was where they hung out after school, and  it was where he confessed his love for her. He stops running, catches his breath and looks up.Then he spots her silhouette, sitting by the water. Only a couple yards away. She had taken off her shoes, and was dipping her feet into the stream, splashing the water with her legs. He freezes, barely daring to breathe.

She seemed smaller than the last time he had seen her – she was hunched over, singing quietly to herself. She was as delicate as he remembered, dressed in a pale yellow sundress. Her hair was loose and wild, little strands flying here and there in the breeze. And he wanted to see her face – her face, the face he had been dreaming of for a year now, every night and every day. The gorgeous face that took his breath away with one look into her soft eyes...

Does he dare speak to her? He takes one step closer. I don't need anyone else, it's only you for me. One more step. I can't forget you, I can't turn back. He's so close. Yes, it's you. Neorago.

"you," he breathed. Her name felt so strange and yet so perfect on his lips.

She turned to look at him, her eyes wide and curious, mouth parted to respond. He spared a moment of thought to how he must look – his hair was in a state of chaos because of the breeze, and he probably had food all over his face but he didn't care because it was her.

Taking a deep breath, she manages to utter something, which makes his heart skip for more than one beat. It's her voice and he missed it so much. "Kyuhyun..."

---------------------------

Happy Birthday Kyuhyun :D

Sorry for the extremely short chapter, but I was determined to post something on his birthday... XD