Chapter 7

The Lucky One

 

5 Years Later

 

EunHyuk POV

 

Yeah! For this whole month I was already like a zombie. I just slept for about four hours a day. Not to mention that my weekend can be considered as working days also. There are times that DongHae is trying to find us time to hangout. And I know that his time already limited compared to mine because he already married now. But, still the workload is no joke that I need to refuse him. It is true that we meet almost daily, but we can’t really talk since both of us are totally focused on the work. We can’t blame Teuk hyung since that, it really worked that way. We are given the project and we need to finish it on time. And working with Teuk hyung, we really need to put our best efforts in each and every project given. But, that’s good because all of this finally comes to an end. We are free now! There are so many things that I want to share with Hae. I really miss him. I’ll ask him to come over my apartment later.

 

I just walked to DongHae. But, he is already packing up his things. Jessica is there waiting for him. “Ppalli, oppa! We need to go to supermarket first to buy all the ingredients. We really need to buy groceries since they are running low. I can’t let you eat just eggs everyday even I don’t really know how to cook. I’ll cook Soondubu Jjigae for you later. Is that okay, oppa?” Jessica asked. “Call! With kimchi ppajeon. This is why I love my Baby more and more.” DongHae said hugging his wife. What can I do? My best friend is not fully mine already. Honestly, I am jealous to see their sweet and lovey dovey moments. But, sure they are a very weird couple. They can be sweet and lovey dovey at a moment. And, after five minutes they are bickering over some nonsense things. But, at least I know that DongHae is so happy with his life right now. I can see that Jessica is now more loving toward DongHae.

 

Then, I’ll just ask SooYoung if we can have our ‘date’ later. It is been quite a long time that we didn’t meet. She is now in her final year. So, she is so busy with her Final Year Project and everything. We will rarely meet if I am also this busy also. I plopped on my chair and took out my phone. I texted her. After about 30 minutes waiting like hell, she replied me. I really wanted to throw my phone on the wall. But, can I blame her? Surely, not. She is struggling with her study right now. I know that I can’t be on my own right now with my so many thing muddled up in my mind and I feel so stuffed right now. Ottokhae? Just where I need to go? And who can accompany me? Should I try my luck again? I texted her. In less than a minute, I can see her typing. She should be as busy as SooYoungie, right? “I’ll be finished my shift in one more hour. Can oppa wait that long? I am at the multibang near my University if you can pick me up. It is on you where we should go.” I read her text. “Oh my HyoYeon. You saved my life. One more hour? I’ll wait for you.” I said happily. “Can we just hangout there. At the multibang. We can sing, dance and play games there.” I texted her back. “My pleasure. I’ll just wait for oppa here.” she replied.

 

I’ve waited for another 30 minutes and drived there. It is my first time going there. So, it might takes time for me to find the multibang. It is better for me to be there earlier. In fact, there’s nothing to be done in the office anyway. I’ve arrived there 10 minutes earlier. I just waited in my car for 10 minutes in the dot before I see HyoYeon standing in front of the door looking for someone. Which is surely me. I walked toward her. “Oppa, here!” she said waving toward me. I give her high five when I am in front of her.  “I’ve already booking the room for five hours. Is that okay? But, oppa can still claim the money later if that’s too long.” HyoYeon said. “Five hours is okay with me. Oppa will send you home later.” I said. “Oh, here! Strawberry yogurt!” she said giving me a strawberry yogurt. She plays with her eyebrows. “Strawberry yogurt~” I sang happily. Strawberry yogurt never failed to boost my mood.

 

“Are you not that busy? This is also your last semester, right?” I asked. “Surely, I am busy. But, I can’t afford the fee and my daily expenses if I am not working. My parents are not that young anymore to be working hard just to support my study. They do gave me money. But, life in University is really out of my expectation. We need money for everything. So, I really need to sort out everything and find time to work. I just sleep for three to four hour a day. So, that I can finish my project and everything. I rarely hangout on weekend since I need to work and finish my project.” Hyoyeon said. I know her feeling. I am not from a rich family that support me well. I am lucky to have super rich cousins who help me here and there. “Just hang in there just a little bit, Hyo. Later, when you are working you’ll surely will have a better life. You can help your family and build your life.” I said giving her some motivation.

 

We are having fun dancing and playing games. I know my voice is not as good as Kyu. “Yah! That’s terrible. Your voice. But, I think your voice might be better if you are not as extra as this.” HyoYeon said. “But, I can rap really well.” I said proudly. “Then, show me.” HyoYeon said challenging me. “You destroyed what used to be an unchanging dream, but what? The one who’s changed is you guys, what more do you want from me? Being aware, losing the silence; a flower blooming in the mud. the light in the darkness and I’m walking with my shoulders straight. I won’t ever lose. Try pushing me more. This isn’t a maze, mirror. Put away those dirty hands. Your last place is on the keyboard. Behind my back are friends who trust me. Try living like that forever. Nobody cares about desperate excuses. Why do you look at me so hard like that? Pitiful! Watch and see if I get out of here. Keep hiding there and continue to bark like crazy! I will walk my path, just follow my tail. See clearly with two eyes how far I go.” I finished my self-composed rap (A/N: Obviously, that’s the translation of Hyukkie’s powerful rap Dear Two.). I can see her face gradually become more and more excited toward the end of my rap. “Oppa!!!! Your rap is Jjang! Awesome! Daebak! What more to say? You can rap so slow and yet so fast in a boom! See?! I got goosebump.” HyoYeon said to me showing her hand. “Don’t tell me that oppa composed that by yourself. I never heard that.” HyoYeon asked. I just nodded. She surely can’t close back. So, I help her to push her jaw up. “I know that you can dance smoothly and perfectly. But, rap? Wow!” HyoYeon said. Her dance also improved a lot since she already a great dancer. I won most of the game for sure.

 

After paying for the bills, I send her straight home. Since, we already being served by so much food at the multibang before we are already so full. “Gomawo, for spending time with oppa. It really help me a lot. Later, if you need transport or any kind of help for your project just feel free to let me know. If I can help you, I’ll try my best to help you. Today, you really made me happy.” I said. She smiled before leaving. Why am I feel this happy with her? I can say it is the same feeling when I am with SooYoungie. I feel warm when I watch her. I feel so happy that I know her true self today. And I can’t help to smile thinking about our hangout before. Do I fallen in love with her? How can I fall in love with two girls at the same time? And they are best friend. Did I just cheated on SooYoungie? “Damn! I just added up more things on my head. It is muddled up more and more. Yah! “ I shouted and hit the steering wheel. I just drive home feeling my head become heavier. I need to be home as soon as possible.

 

As I arrived at my apartment, I just plopped on my couch. Damn! My head hurts. Without I’m thinking, I called for someone dear to me. “Hello! I am not really okay right now.” I said. Yes! I’ve called my DongHae without I even realised it. Good! For sure, his Ice Princess will let him go to meet me. Her love rival. I don’t really get it why she feels insecure with me. We are just a very close friend that know each other since we are so young and can’t be separated. Surely, we understand each other so well. As if Hae will leaves his beloved ‘Baby’ just for me. I am not that important to him anymore. I heard he said something to Jessica before Jessica ended the call. I should just take bath and sleep.

 

A/N

To my readers and subcribers, I am back! Thanks for reading and subcribing. I really apreciate it. I am forcing myself to find a time to update this series of fanfics. Honestly, I barely have time for myself and I am having lots of stress lately. Let me talk about uri Suju oppa for now. "Suju only have ELF. ELF only have Suju". I knew I am late to talk about this. When I read about this weeks back I am not so surprise. But, I am still touched. I am not surprise because that person is uri 'Angel without wing', Teukie oppa. My ultimate bias! The reason why I love him. A man full of love toward others no matter how peoples treated them. I am crying to know that he had Enteritis before. I cried more knowing that he still showed up performing on the 2nd day SMTown like nothing happened. How he apologised of him being sick and promised to show up for ELF. This guy really know how to make ELF especially me fell in love with him more and more each day. It is good enough for me if he just be there or maybe just a video showing us that he is in a good condition already. But, he goes to the extend of performing together like nothing happened. I remember watching him in his show, after some treatment saying that "Everyone seems to hate me." and I cried. I really wanted to be there and hug him and say that "How can peoples hate such a person full of love like him? We are here to give our love for you no matter what happened.".
Just be healthy and have a beautiful life, uri Suju oppa. You all deserved that.