Chapter 4

The Lucky One

8 Years Later

 

Paran High School

 

EunHyuk, DongHae and EeTeuk are walking together to the front gate. “So, hyung. Guess that, we’ll leave you now. We’ll meet again tomorrow.” EunHyuk said and hugged EeTeuk. “Gwenchanna Hyuk, Hae. Driver hyung will be here in no time. Hyukkie, just be safe. Don’t speed too much. Tell her that I miss my little dongsaeng. Ask her to visit us here. And you, Hae. Just go. She must has many things to tell you. Don’t make her waits so long. If not, you’ll need to coax her for days.” EeTeuk said. That’s EeTeuk. He do knows his dongsaengs’ feeling toward their girl. And he is such a supportive hyung. Sometimes, he lets them borrow his money just for them to date their girl. And that’s really made him reminisce his memories with his little Taengoo. It made him missing her more and more.

 

“Don’t forget to bring SiWon tomorrow when you come back. If it is necessary, just drag him here. Tell him, that’s what he got for not visiting us here.” DongHae said. “You are right. It has been months that he don’t come here. I will bring him here tomorrow.” EunHyuk said while thinking. “Hyung.” DongHae called EunHyuk. DongHae is looking at EunHyuk and smirking. EunHyuk looks at him in confusion. In a flash, DongHae kisses EunHyuk’s cheek. “Yaa!” EunHyuk shouted. But, DongHae is already running away while laughing hard. EunHyuk just shaking his head and laughing hard. That is love. Love that can’t be described.

 

EunHyuk got on his bike and planning in his head on where should they spend their time for today. With the first place to go is a place to eat since he will be hanging out with Shikshin. He searches on the interesting place using his old  smartphone. He hissed since his phone keeps on hangs. After he is done with the searching, he rides to his destination.

 

EchoG High School

 

SooYoung is at the bus stop in front of her school. She calls her Mom to inform her again that she might be home late. Also to remind her oppa that EunHyuk will stay overnight there. Which she can confirms that her oppa would love it. She then just scrolling her phone. “Just you wait, oppa. You are late.” SooYoung mumbled.

 

In ten minutes, EunHyuk stops his motorcycle in front of her. She stands up and walks away. “SooYoung-ie. Where are you going? Your ‘cool’ oppa is here already.” EunHyuk said. SooYoung stops and turns to face EunHyuk. “You are late by 10 minutes. It takes about 45 minutes to reach here. But, you arrived later than that. Did you have any date before? I am going to go back by myself.” SooYoung said. She is actually just teasing EunHyuk. She loves to see how EunHyuk becomes uneasy. “Yaa! I just arrived. Don’t tell me to go back home. What about our date err ani. Our hangout? I just searching on where to have our lunch.” EunHyuk said and scratching his head.

 

“Then, make sure the place is good.” SooYoung said. “But, if you really mad at me. You will not wait for an hour, right?” EunHyuk said to . “Whatever. Do you want me to ride on or just leave you here, oppa?” SooYoung said. “Ara, ara. I know that I will not win. Since, you are born to win.” EunHyuk mumbled the last thing he said. “Mwo?” SooYoung said while sitting behind EunHyuk. “Ani. Oppa will bring you to the ‘Thais’ restaurant. Would you like it?” EunHyuk asked. “Hmm. Call!” SooYoung said.

 

AoM1ke Bangkok Style Restaurant

 

They sit near the window so that they can look outside. The waiter gives them the menu. "Sawadikhrap. My name is M1ke. Here is the menu." the handsome waiter asked handing them the menu before leaving them. EunHyuk looks at the menu and tries to search them using his phone. “So, Jam Mama looks tasty. It is like salad with ramen. Khao Niaow Ma Muang is sticky rice with Mango. Khao Niaow Kai Thot is sticky rice with Chicken. Pad Thai is fried noodles.” EunHyuk keeps on saying what he search. It is not that SooYoung doesn’t know all that or it is also not her first time eating Thai food. But, for her it is so helpful for her when EunHyuk search for all that. She loves to see his efforts to make their so called ‘date’ becomes so memorable. EunHyuk calls the waiter.

 

“Give me one Jam Mama and Khou Niaow Ma Muang. For drinks, just give me the small green Fanta over there with ice.” EunHyuk said. Thanks to the search engine. “Give me Khou Niaow Kai Thot and Pad Thai. For drinks, give me green tea.” SooYoung said and smiling brightly to the waiter. EunHyuk realised the smile. “Oppa, did you bring extra money?” SooYoung asked. “You ordered too much. If my money are not enough, I asked them to take you and wash the dishes. Hahah. Kidding. Neh, I bring extra money to feed this Shikshin.” EunHyuk said. “Yaa! Don’t ruin my hands! Where did you got the money. Did you save a lot?” SooYoung asked. “You really want to know? Actually, I can save all my money because I asked EeTeuk hyung to treat me everytime we are together. Yaa! I forgot. Teuk hyung said that he misses his little dongsaeng. It has been a long time that you didn’t visit us.” EunHyuk said.

 

“Neh. I’ll tell Mom and Dad. I miss EeTeuk oppa also. Oppa! That is not a good thing to do to Teuk oppa. You are bullying him. Pity him to have a dongsaeng like you.” SooYoung said. “He has more than enough money. It is not that he has a girlfriend to spend on. What he do to spend his money is just to buy sport shoes as collection. He just wore them once or never. He buys them weekly, you know? Weekly! Taeng should be with him. So, that he can spend his money on her. At least, better than just shoes.” EunHyuk said what he felt from the bottom of his heart. “He must be missing Taeng also.” SooYoung said. “But, still oppa. It is not good to take advantage on EeTeuk oppa.” SooYoung continues. “Aigoo~ Later, when we grow up I’ll work for hyung. Satisfied?” EunHyuk said.

 

“It is not that you will work for free. Enough of that. Oppa! Did you see the waiter? Oh my! He is so handsome. Right?” SooYoung said already smiling brightly. EunHyuk hissed. “Molla! But, did you see that this restaurant was named as AoM1ke. That guy name is M1ke. So, surely the Aom girl is somewhere here. So, don't put your dream up high. Wait here. Look for my wallet here. I want to go to the restroom.” EunHyuk said and walked to the restroom.

 

SooYoung takes his wallet when he is already in the restroom. She looks into it. There is quite a lot of money compared to before. SooYoung takes out some of her money and puts in his wallet. Before she puts back the wallet, her eyes caught on a picture in his wallet. Their first picture together taken by DongHae. She smiles brightly. “This oppa makes me fall more and more into him.” SooYoung muttered.

 

“Is he that handsome? But, I am her ‘cool’ oppa. Am I already not? I know that I am not considered as handsome like his oppa. But, I am full of charms. Aish! This girl. Can she not see that I am into her.” EunHyuk said in front of the mirror. “I need to admit that I am a myeolchi. Not only that, I am monkey. Even SiWon said that I am one of the zodiac. Should I say that I am a handsome Myeolchi? Good for DongHae that he is a cute Fish. Only him said that I am handsome.” EunHyuk said and sighed before leaving the restroom. He walks to their table. SooYoung is smiling brightly. “Hmm. She must be talking to the waiter when I am gone. What a luck, HyukJae.” EunHyuk said.

 

As he sits, the foods also being prepared on their table by the same waiter. “Gomawo! This must be delicious right, oppa?” SooYoung said and smiled to the waiter. The waiter just awkwardly smiles to them before leaving. “Yaa! Don’t you feel ashamed to do that?” EunHyuk asked hating the drama in front of him. “What? Oppa, your Mango Sticky Rice looks tempting.” SooYoung said and took a spoonful of it and ate it. “Maa!” SooYoung said and blinking her eyes. She don’t want to fight anymore. EunHyuk just shaking his head since he can’t really get mad at her whenever she took his food. He will surely lost seeing her satisfied looks.

 

After they finished eating, EunHyuk paid the bills at the counter. "So, are you Aom? Because the guy said his name is M1ke. So, Aom must be here also." EunHyuk asked the petite girl at the counter. "Neh. I am Aom. That's my husband M1ke. And the little boy he is playing with is our son Maxwell. We fall in love with Korea. So, after we are married we opened this restaurant." she told them before they left. "See? He is married already. They already have a cute son." EunHyuk said. "Whatever." SooYoung said leaving him behind. “Why my money seems to be like doubled? I didn’t count it before but it do looks more than before.” EunHyuk thought. “Where will we going after this, oppa?” SooYoung asked as she turns back to him. “Would you like to go to theme park? My money still seems to be a lot more.” EunHyuk said. “Call!” SooYoung said.

 

Theme Park

 

They ride on a some rides. Both of them love it so much. They don’t even afraid. That’s make them click so well. “Oppa! Why your face is so ugly up there. I know that you are not afraid of it. But, your face is just..” SooYoung can’t even finished her words. She is laughing so hard. “Ya! Ya! Let’s get there. I am tired already.” EunHyuk said and hold SooYoung’s hand. They walk hand in hand to the bench. SooYoung is already blushing so hard looking at their hand. She loves what she saw. They still hand in hand sitting there.

 

SooYoung’s phone rings. Both of them startled making them take their hand away. “Neh, Mom. Ara. I’ll call you later. I’ll ask oppa first.” SooYoung said before ended the call. “Oppa! As a reward for making me happy and for the delicious food for today. I’ll grant you, what ever you want to eat for dinner. Sowaneul malhaebwa.” SooYoung said. “And your maid will cooks?” EunHyuk said and laugh. “Oppa!” SooYoung said and hit him lightly. “What about Spaghetti Carbonara? It looks delicious on TV.” EunHyuk said. “Okay! I’ll inform Mom.” SooYoung said.


 

Choi’s House

 

“Yo, Myeolchi!” SiWon said with his hand gestures before hugging his cousin. “I miss you.” SiWon said. “Jjinja? Then why not you come visit us? Wae Masi, wae?” EunHyuk asked. He just knows the effect of ‘Masi’ to his cousin. “Masi?” SiWon said and left them. He walks into his room. ‘Hyung, Masi will call you after this.’ EunHyuk sends the message to EeTeuk. ‘Ya! You did it again?” EeTeuk replies him. He just sends him a laughing emoticon. As always, EeTeuk will comforts SiWon everytime any of them with the name of ‘Masi’.

 

“Did oppa told EeTeuk oppa?” SooYoung asked as she is getting curious with EunHyuk’s laugh. “Even if I am not, SiWon must be calling him for sure.” EunHyuk said. “Yaa! Uri ‘Dancing Machine’ is already here. Your spaghetti will be serve in about 20 minutes. For now, let’s us have some chats. We miss you so much.” SooYoung’s Mom said before hugging EunHyuk. “We all also miss Mom and Dad. Can I bring SiWon home tomorrow? Hae already missing uri ‘EunSiHae’ moments.” EunHyuk asked. “Mom, can I go too?” SooYoung asked impatiently. “Yes, you can bring uri SiWon. But, not uri SooYoung-ie.” her Mom answered. “Wae Mom, wae?” SooYoung asked already pleading her Mom.

 

“You are a girl. We can’t let you go alone. All your cousins are boys. We’ll let SiWon go first with Hyukkie. Then, all of us will visit them the next day. Arasso? No more buts.” her Mom answered. “Arasso, Mom. I’ll tell all our Omma to prepare something for you.” EunHyuk said. “Nice! I miss Unnie’s cooks.” SooYoung’s Mom said. “Mom! I’ll be at SiWon’s room, bothering him. I miss him. He must be already cooling down after talking to Hyung.” EunHyuk said.

 

“SiWon-ie!!!” EunHyuk shouted while running toward SiWon’s room. “Uri SiWon!” EunHyuk said while hugging SiWon. SiWon is still pouting (A/N: to be honest, it is an ugly pout.) “Popo!” SiWon said pointing to his cheek. “Haish!” EunHyuk hissed. But, still he gives him a peck on his cheek. That’s uri SiWon. He is a charismatic guy in his school that all the girls are trying hard to push themselves to him. He is such a handsome and gentleman oppa that SooYoung proud of. But, he is such skinship lover when he is with his cousins or his bestfriend, RyeoWook. He loves to have high five each and everytime he is with Wookie. Making him quite annoyed with SiWon. “High five hajima!” Wookie will shouts that everyday. But, he never mind SiWon’s skinship. He just hates the high five thing. All his cousins also don’t mind the skinship since they all do it. The way of showing  the love among them.

 

“Ya! Tomorrow you will follow me home. And I don’t take ‘NO’ as an answer.” EunHyuk said. “No wonder that you can go along with my yeodongsaeng. Love to force me. But, it is okay. I miss you all so much. ‘EunSiHae’! Hahah. I miss Omma’s cook.” SiWon said. “Which Omma?” EunHyuk asked. “All of the Omma. You know, if it is for us. Even, EeTeuk hyung’s Omma will cook by herself. She don’t even needs her maids when your Omma and DongHae’s Omma is there.” SiWon said.

A/N

Here I am. Updating this. I've just come back from a few days of holiday. A family trip. So, I am working on this series as soon as I arrived. Hope that you all will like it. Gomawo for reading, subscribing and commenting. I really appreciate it. Saranghae my readers! Saranghae my fellow ELF! Saranghae SONE!