Chapter 5

The Lucky One

 

Cafe (10th Feb)

 

EunHyuk and SooYoung are having their so called ‘date’ for SooYoung’s birthday. EunHyuk bought a small kiwi cake for her. They sing ‘Sengil Chukahamnida’ song for her. SooYoung is so happy to celebrate her birthday with EunHyuk. “Oppa, today I am a birthday girl. So, can I request for something?” SooYoung asked. “Neh. Anything for you today.” EunHyuk said eating the cake.

 

“Dance for me.” SooYoung said clapping her hands excitedly. EunHyuk gulps. “Did you mean here? Andwe~” EunHyuk said. SooYoung already pouting. “Neh, neh.” EunHyuk said giving in. He dances so smoothly making the birthday girl so amazed. Some of the people there secretly watching his dance. “Satisfied?” EunHyuk asked. “Neh! Neomu jowahae!” SooYoung said smiling brightly.

 

They are eating and teasing each other. “SooYoungie…” someone called SooYoung from behind. “Ya, Hyo! You are here?” SooYoung said as she is surprised to see her best friend there. “No wonder we need to postpone our plan tomorrow.” HyoYeon said teasingly. SooYoung can’t help to blush. “I’m here to practice. I’ll continue after this. Just, I can’t wait for tomorrow.” HyoYeon added. “Here, meet my cousin EunHyuk oppa. Oppa, my beloved chingu HyoYeon.” SooYoung introduces them. “Anyeong!” both of them said in unison.

 

“I see your dance before. Daebak! So smooth, perfect. Actually, I love to dance also. My uncle’s dance studio is just a few minutes of walking from here. You can ask SooYoungie where it is located. But, it is not so big. We are not rich like her. Kidding. You know how humble she is to be friend with me. Tell me if you would like to pay a visit there. I think that there is a lot of things that I wanted to learn from you. If you are willing to.” HyoYeon said to EunHyuk. “Neh. I would like to. I am being called as ‘dancing machine’ by my cousins.” EunHyuk said. HyoYeon nodded admitting that fact. “So, I’ll be waiting for you.” HyoYeon said before leaving.

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

 

EunHyuk waiting for SooYoung in front of the cafe. There are something important that SooYoung wants to talk about. SooYoung called EunHyuk who is impatiently waiting for her. “Oppa. Mianhe. I have something very urgent to do right now. So, I’ll be quite late. Hyo, my chingu will send the location. Just wait for me there, ara? Mianhe.” SooYoung explains. EunHyuk is trying hard to remember this ‘Hyo’ girl. Not so long after that, his phone vibrates. An unknown number sent him a location. He sighs. On his way, he sees something on the notification board at the bus stop near the cafe. “Dance competition. Individual or in group. Money and a trip to Japan. Daebak!” EunHyuk said amazed by the prizes offered.

 

He just follows the location sent to him. The location brought him to a small dance studio. “Now that I am really sure that, the girl from before is the ‘Hyo’ girl.” EunHyuk said. He enters the studio. He is amazed to see a woman dance powerfully. “Yah! Why I am not getting it? It looks so stiff. Why I can’t be smooth like him? I can’t even get the ‘tick tock’ beat on point.” HyoYeon said sounding weak. HyoYeon startled when she heard the applause. “So, powerful. But, you need to feel the music. To love the music. Put all your heart into the dance. Let your body moves. As if you are the best in the world. The world that you created. Nothing else matter.” EunHyuk said while dancing powerfully yet very smooth and on point. HyoYeon watching his dance without blinking. She applause still amazed by the wonderful dance in front of her.

 

“Daebak! Is there any other other words because daebak is not enough to describe it.” HyoYeon said. Before EunHyuk can say anything, his stomach growls. HyoYeon can’t help to laugh her heart. “Jjajangmyeon? I know a restaurant that delivers very delicious jjajang.” HyoYeon asked playing with her brows. “Call!” EunHyuk said excitedly already imagining the black noodles.

 

After about half an hour, the Jjajangmyeon that they ordered already arrived. “EunHyuk-ssi, can I know why you are so in love with dancing? Yeah, I love dancing. But, you are like in the another level higher.” HyoYeon asked. “Molla. But, everytime I dance I dissolved in the dance. I know that I am not handsome. But, when I dance I feel like I am the most handsome guy in the world. Not just a handsome anchovy oppa.” EunHyuk said and laughed. “I envy you. So, EunHyuk-ssi. SooYoungie told me to tell you this beforehand. Actually, I wanted to join this dancing competition. But, you know I need someone better to teach me more. And SooYoungie suggested to ask you.” HyoYeon said.

 

“It’s nice to talk to you. So, just loose the formality. Just call me oppa. Is that the competition that being pasted on the notification board at the bus stop? Actually, I’ve been thinking about joining it.” EunHyuk said. “Great! Let’s join it as a group. And I really want SooYoungie to join too. I knew that she loves to dance but she just hides it saying that she can’t dance. But, the problem is that she don’t want to.” HyoYeon explained. “She don’t want to? Seriously?” EunHyuk asked for confirmation. He knew that SooYoung loves to dance. “Under one and only condition.” HyoYeon said. “What?” EunHyuk asked. “Oppa. You persuade her and teach her all the way.” HyoYeon explains. “Me? Ara, ara.” EunHyuk said.

 

2 Weeks Later

 

Three of them practice hard for the dance competition on weekend. While on weekdays, EunHyuk sends them his ideas by recording his dance. SooYoung as always already remembered all the dance steps. They are practising at HyoYeon’s dance studio. There are something lacking in their dance steps making them stress.

 

Only SooYoung keeps dancing the dance steps. EunHyuk sitting there watching her dancing while thinking. “Yah! I go to restroom first.” HyoYeon said leaving them. After about half an hour, SooYoung already tired of dancing. “Yah! Just where is Hyo? Why she takes so long?” SooYoung said already getting pissed off. HyoYeon comes in. “Yah! Why are you taking so long?” SooYoung shouted. “I just…” HyoYeon trying to explain even she’s hurt because SooYoung shouted at her. “Relax! Don’t fight. I know we are tired and stress. So, here let’s practice. Oppa have new idea. It might improving our dance steps.” EunHyuk said.

 

“Yah, oppa! You never change. This is why I don’t want to do this. After I remember the dance steps, you change all that. Then, I need to start all over again. I know I am not good.” SooYoung said getting angry. “I think, it is good to have new idea. Because we’re stuck. Maybe some touches here and there will make it perfect.” HyoYeon said. “And the most important thing is that you are great, SooYoung. In fact, you can remember better than me.” EunHyuk said patting SooYoung’s head. “Ara, ara. Let’s see your new idea, oppa.” SooYoung said. EunHyuk dances his idea. Both of SooYoung and HyoYeon trying to follow up.

 

“So, how’s is it?” EunHyuk asked. “Daebak!” SooYoung and HyoYeon said in unison. “Jjinja? But, I think I need something more upbeat here. Ttak ttak ttak.” EunHyuk said still unsatisfied. HyoYeon is trying some dance moves. “Actually, when I’m gone before I’ve been watching other peoples’ dance in other room. To get some ideas. Can you look through this and try to match with the ttak ttak ttak like oppa always do.” HyeYeon said before dancing her idea. After watching her dance, EunHyuk thinks and dances what in his mind.

 

“I think that’s better.” EunHyuk said. “Ani. It’s perfect oppa! We’ll lock it.” SooYoung and HyeYeon said. “So, we can practice and SooYoung can help us to remember the dance steps.” HyoYeon said. “Erm, Hyo. Mianhe, Hyo. I didn’t even listen to your explanation first.” SooYoung said feeling guilty. “Gwenchanna, chingu. Yes, I am sad before. But, now I am really alright. Saranghae!” HyoYeon said and hugged SooYoung. “Yah! Yah! Let me join you.” EunHyuk said already trying to hug them. “No!” both of them shouted and pushed him away. They laughed hard.