Jennie's Problem

Sugar Rush

It’s no secret that Rosé has this huge fat crush on their resident rapper and might she say goddess, Jennie. The older girl is always so cool and charming and not to mention adorable when she chooses to that Rosé can’t help but secretly wish and hopes that maybe there’s something between them.

 

It started out with some interviews where the host would ask who they’d date among their members which she always answered with either names of the other three. But lately, whenever she ponders on that certain question, only one name comes to mind--Jennie.

 

“Maybe stop staring at her?” Lisa chuckled, sitting down beside her on the practice room and nudging her, immediately getting her out of her trance and her face quickly becoming pink as she noticed the object of her affection staring right back at her, now donning a smirk.

 

“I-I wasn’t!” she tried to deny, looking away.

 

“Uh-huh, sure~” Lisa teased some more.

 

“Really!!~” she defended which only earned her some more chuckles from the youngest.

 

“Right, right. I’ll go get us some drinks. You want anything?”

 

“Hmm, you choose for me~” she grinned as Lisa rolled her eyes playfully at her before standing up and leaving the room.

 

“Hey babe~” she looked up at the voice and saw Jennie smiling at her.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I’m gonna order chicken, do you want to add anything?” Jennie stared at her, waiting for an answer. She blinked her eyes before stupidly pointing to herself.

 

“Me…?”

 

“Is there anyone else here?” Jennie giggled, sending Rosé’s heart thumping thrice it’s speed. She looked around the room to check that she is the one who her crush is talking to before looking back, her cheeks now stained red once again.

 

“Oh.uhm.. Anything is fine, unnie” she answered shyly, eyes glancing down to the floor as her blonde hair fell over her shoulders.

 

“Adorable~” She heard the older one giggle before continuing her conversation on the phone.

 

Once the food and the drinks came, the four of them were sitting down on the floor and passing the food around and talking.

 

“Jisoo unnie, stop hogging the food!” Lisa scolded the oldest, trying to put her hands on the bucket of chicken that Jisoo was keeping.

 

“No!!!” Jisoo whined, pulling the food away from the youngest’s prying hands. The two girls continued with the push and pull as Rosé watched on amusedly.

 

“Unnie, here~” She started, handing a piece of chicken to Jennie, “I saved you your favorite chicken flavour” she smiled shyly. The older one looked at her blankly before standing up and leaving the room, Rosé’s hands left hanging.


 


 

It’s always been like this, when Rosé thinks that she’s getting somewhere with whatever she has with the cat-eyed beauty, she’s suddenly left stuck. She sighed, looking at the certain person who’s sitting cross legged by the fence behind their company building.

 

“Unnie, are you okay?” she asked, slowly walking towards the older one who only gave her a quick glance before looking away and drinking the can of cola in her hand. She waited for the older girl to reply and when nothing came, she added, “It’s just.. You were so happy a minute ago and then suddenly you just...left. Is it because of me? Did I do something?” she looked down at her hands.

 

“I just wanted to leave. Stop asking questions.” Jennie coldly replied, pushing herself up and walking past Rosé without another word.

 

“Jennie, what’s the problem...” Rosé whispered-asked to no one in particular.


 


 

“Ugh!!!!!” She groaned, face planted on her pillow and thinking that maybe if she stays like this then the earth can swallow her existence away. She heard Lisa chuckle behind her, feeling the youngest plop down on her bed before hands caressed her hair.

 

“What did unnie do now?”

 

“How’d you know it’s her?” she peaked, hair still covering most of her face. Lisa laughed, shrugging her shoulders a bit before looking up at the ceiling.

 

“It’s always about her when it comes to you.” there was a moment of silence between them before the youngest looked back at her, “So what’d she do this time?”

 

“We were hanging out at the photoshoot,” Rosé started, turning around and getting a pillow to hug, “sitting beside each other, sharing my earphones while I show her some of the new songs I discovered that I think she would like.”

 

“And then?”

 

“We were holding hands too and I think we we’re having a good time then she suddenly asked me, ‘Don’t you think that stylist unnie looks cute?’” Rosé huffed, tightening her hold on her poor pillow. “At first I’m like, ‘yeah, she is and she did a good job with our make-up too’ so Jennie unnie agreed. Then she suddenly stood up and left. I was confused at first you know, I thought maybe she’s going to the toilet or something but then I saw her walk towards the stylist unnie she thought was cute and then--” she groaned some more, placing the pillow on her face as she let out her frustration.

 

“Let me guess...” Lisa smiled, taking the pillow out of her friend’s face. “Unnie flirted with the stylist.” Rosé groaned before suddenly sitting up, looking at the younger one with eyebrows scrunched angrily.

 

“And you know the worst part?”

 

“What?”

 

“When I was trying to talk to her in the car and telling her what a great job she’s done with the photoshoot, she just glanced at me before picking up her phone and calling the stylist and flirting again!!!”

 

“...oh..”

 

“I am so freaking confused Li! If someone suddenly talks to me while we’re doing whatever, she’s suddenly by my side and glaring at the person, scoffing and acting all jealous and the next moment, it’s like I don’t exist.” She ranted, looking down at the pillow now in her lap. “One step forward, two steps back. That’s how I feel and it’s confusing and frustrating and irritating.”

 

“It’s obvious that she’s playing mind games with you.” Jisoo suddenly chimed in, standing by the doorway and shocking the two younger ones.

 

“UNNIE!”

 

“Relax~” the oldest rolled her eyes as she sat down in between the two girls. ”To be honest, I’m sick of what Jennie’s playing at. So here’s a tip for you, Roseanne~” and the blonde listened intently.

 



 

“Here, babe, try this one.” Jennie had grabbed Rosé’s hands and smothered some of her new hand cream on it. “What do you think? It smells good, right?”

 

“Oh~ It does! Thanks, Jennie unnie~” the younger one smiled, smelling her palms a bit and being fascinated. “Is that the new released one from Red Flavour Boutique?”

 

“Yeah. It really softens your hands too~”

 

“Soft hands are best when holding your hands~” Rosé smiled, taking Jennie’s hand and clasping it with hers while looking at the older one’s eyes before the latter looked away. “C’mon, unnie, let’s go~” She held her hand all throughout their walk to their dressing room where their other two members and staff were waiting.

 

“Did you get the cream that you were looking for, unnie?” Lisa asked, not missing the intertwined hands of the two girls. Rosé nodded her head before looking at Jennie,

 

“But unnie’s hand cream is much better than mine~” she exclaimed proudly earning her some giggles from Lisa.

 

“Alright then, you two better get your make-up retouched. Will be on in about 30 minutes.” Jisoo announced and Jennie had quickly let go of Rosé’s hands--the latter missing the warmth as the older one began grinning brightly and looking at the stylist unnie from before.

 

“Unnie~~ Are you going to make me pretty again?~”

 

“I don’t need to do a lot, Jennie, because you’re already pretty to begin with~”

 

“Yeah, unnie, you’re already beautiful as you are.” Rosé stated, looking away at the scene donning a poker face and sitting down where another stylist had started retouching her make-up, missing the long glance that Jennie gave her.


 


 

“Hey babe, here~” Jennie had walked in step with Rosé after their schedule, holding out the hand cream that she had lent the younger girl earlier.

 

“No, thank you, unnie.” Rosé answered primly, not even looking at the tube of cream in front of her before looking back and spotting their youngest.

 

“Lisa? You ready?” She called out, smiling at the taller girl who grinned back at her and nodded happily, skipping towards Rosé and hooking arms before they both started walking, leaving a dejected and confused Jennie behind.

 


 

And this went on for quite a while. Everytime Jennie will act sweet to her then ignore her the next, Rosé would start acting cold to her afterwards then Jennie would come try and be sweet to her again. Until one day, Rose just had it.

 

There was a knock on the door and Rosé was shocked to see the leader of red velvet standing in front of her, “I’m here to pick up Jennie?”

 

“Oh. Uhm—”

 

“Unnie!!!~~” Jennie’s aegyo filled voice rang through the room. Irene smiled, waving at the cat-eyed girl.

 

“Are you ready?”

 

“I’ll just get my coat and~~” Jennie paused, “done!”

 

“Let’s go?” Irene asked and Jennie nodded, looking at Rosé before smiling back at Irene and pulling the older one along. Irene quickly waved a ‘bye’ at the pink-haired girl before playfully slapping Jennie’s arms. Rosé rolled her eyes before slamming the door and stomping back to her room.


 


 

Scared was an understatement to what the youngest member was feeling now as she watched her usually sweet unnie having air coming out from her ears and nose out of anger.

 

“A museum date, huh?” There was a tone of venom in her unnie’s voice and Lisa had gulped, quickly sending an sos text to her chicken loving unnie.

 

“It looks like it's just a friendly outing, Rosie un..nie” Lisa tried to calm the older one but her words died down when said unnie glared at her.

 

“It looks too friendly.” Came Jisoo’s voice, holding a piece of chicken in her hand. Lisa looked appalled at the oldest. She did not call her here to make things worse!

 

“Right?!” Rose huffed.

 

“You seem fed up?”

 

“I really am.”

 

“I suggest you confront her”


 


 

“Let’s talk” was the first words Jennie heard when she returned that day, sending shivers down her spine. She saw Rosé standing by the couch, Jisoo and Lisa looking at her and waving a finger saying that ‘you’re dead’ before mumbling something about going out and buying some snacks.

 

Jennie cleared , “W-what is it?”

 

“I don’t get you”

 

“Huh?” came Jennie’s stupid reply.

 

“I don’t get you.” Rosé repeated, crossing her arms. The cat-eyed beauty just blinked confusedly in response and the younger one sighed. “Do you think my feelings for you is a joke?”

 

“Wha--”

 

“Look, Jen,” the taller one started, “If you don’t like me just tell it straight to my face. Don’t go acting sweet to me then ignoring me the next second someone you think is cute comes around.”

 

“I’m--”

 

“I’m not a toy. My feelings are not something that you could play with” Rosé glared. Jennie fidgeted, taking out something from her pocket and handing it to the younger one. The latter stared at a tiny Van Gogh painting made into a keychain on her hand before looking back at Jennie with a confused expression.

 

“I got you that...” Jennie started, looking down on her hands, “I asked Irene unnie to help me with this...” she paused, pointing to her chest, ”this… this is the problem...I’m not good with it--I’m having a hard time processing it so I asked for help...” she looked up at Rosé’s eyes, “I like you too, Rosie like a lot! And sometimes it scares me how much you make me feel, that’s why when I sense myself going deeper, I pull back.”

 

There was a pause between the two of them as they stared softly at each other. Jennie cleared and held Rosé’s hand, showing the starry night sky painting in the keychain.

 

“You see the swirls in the sky?” Jennie asked.

 

“Yeah...”

 

“That’s how my emotions feel… It’s turbulent and swirls around in confusion.” Jennie looked at the younger one and the latter looked at her in sadness. So she smiled comfortingly before continuing, “You see the stars, the moon, and the light?”

 

“Yes” Rosé nodded.

 

“That’s you to me Rosie. You shine your light on me and it makes me feel like I can do anything and everything. That I can be brave… That I can drown in your light. As long as it’s you.” Rosé was staring at her now, eyes shimmering with unshed tears. “I’m sorry if I acted the way I did… I didn’t mean to hurt you or anything. It’s just…I don’t know how to handle my growing feelings for you. Sorry, Rosie… please give me another chance?”

 

She was pulled into an embrace as a series of soft ‘yes’ was whispered in her ear. Rosé buried her head on the crook of Jennie’s neck and the latter smiled at the warm feeling.

 



A/N: It's been a while haha but I hope you guys enjoyed this one! If you have any prompts or AU ideas you want me to read, just tell me and I'll try my best to write them.

Till next time!~