Idiot

Sugar Rush

Jennie thinks Rosé’s the sweetest person to ever exist. The younger girl would often go out of her way to help or even give Jennie something that she knows the older girl likes.

 

“Hey unnie, look! Look! Mom bought it from her trip~’ the pink haired girl excitedly sat beside her in their shared class. Pushing the box of what looks like intricate white chocolate flower petals in front of her. She raised her eyebrow in question but the side of her lips tugging upwards in a smile.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“Just taste it! Here” Rosé grabbed a piece and held it in front of Jennie’s mouth which made the older one blush and take the sweet treat. Her eyes widened at the milky goodness and Rosé had let out a giggle at how cute she was. “It’s good, right?”

 

“Yeah!”

 

“It’s yours~”

 

“Wha-no- i can’t— that’s yours Rosie” the pink haired girl smiled at the nickname before smiling gently at Jennie.

 

“It’s okay, unnie. I specifically asked my mom for that to give you because I heard how good it tastes. So it’s technically yours” Jennie mumbles out a shy thanks, trying to control the erratic beating of her heart.

 

“Anything for you, unnie~” Rosé winked playfully. Jennie could feel the tips of her ears getting warmer by the minute as she locked gaze with the younger one and they both smiled at each other.

 


 

Jennie thinks Rosé’s the most adorable person she’s ever met and she would fight even her crackhead friend Jisoo if she counters her.

 

The fluffy cheeks of her crush--yes, okay she admits-- has been fluffier the past days and it’s taking all of Jennie’s will to not reach out and poke it. They were in the younger girl’s house along with Jisoo doing their group project and Jennie, for the love of all that is holy, hasn’t been able to concentrate.

 

“Hey, Rosé~” Jisoo poked the fluffy cheeks and Jennie’s eye twitched. The youngest hummed in response, eyes still focused on the book in front of her. “Hey~” the oldest poked the fluffy cheeks again and it’s taking all of Jennie’s will not to cut Jisoo’s finger off. Rosé finally looked at the oldest who was grinning from ear to ear.

“What is it, unnie?”

 

“Jennie was telling me how your cheeks got even fluffier”

 

“Wha--” the youngest was shocked to say the least and looked at the black haired beauty who also looked shocked and bordering murderous. Rosé had quickly placed her hands on her cheeks, eyebrows scrunching and eyes filled with worry.

 

“I’ve been eating instant ramen for dinner the past couple of days because my mom’s not here and I haven’t got the time to cook...” she mumbled, eyes casts downward, making Jennie go all ‘awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww’ in her head.

 

“OUC--” Jennie kicked the oldest. Hard. Jisoo swallowed the last of her statement as she saw the murderous glint in Jennie’s eyes. The AUDACITY of this girl!

 

“I’m not saying you don’t look good! I...like it” like how I like everything about you. She paused, “it suits you. You look extra cute and fluffy” oH.my. God. what the flying pink is she suddenly blurting on about. The pink-haired girl looked up at her, her cheeks the same color as her hair as she asked Jennie in such a fragile way,

 

“R-really?” Jennie’s heart was doing a thousand heartbeat a minute with the way Rosé’s eyes pierced through hers softly.

 

“Y-yeah..” and then the youngest beamed at her, making her heart do a million heartbeats and a few cartwheels as they stared at each other with shy smiles and twinkly eyes. Well, up until Jisoo cleared ,

 

“I’m still here, you lovebirds.”


 



 

Jennie thinks that Rosé has the most charming and sweet smile that it could cure illness-- which she has proven twice already (once when she was having some major headache, Rosé smiled at her and she swears she got better in an instant). And Jennie always looks forward to see that smile.

 

‘Okay, so I mix this and then place some here—oh oops, make sure it’s hot enough… okay now place it in, slowly… there we go. And now wait a bit.’ Jennie mentally talked to herself, watching the crepe cook before carefully trying to flip it over, jumping in joy and clapping her hands with success. She hummed to herself while cooking and cutting up the ingredients before arranging it prettily which made her unleash her gummy smile some more.


 

“Unnie! Did you wait long?” An out-of-breath Rosé stood in front of her, hands on her knees as she tried to catch her breath. Jennie looked up at the beauty and she won’t admit this one out loudly but she swears it was like the whole world was in slow motion as she watched her crush, the younger one’s face looing apologetic at her as the wind slowly and softly blew, making Rosé’s hair follow the wind in such a graceful way that ballerinas are irrelevant forever. It didn’t help that the sun was setting down and the golden orange hues just blends in perfectly with the pink-haired beauty’s...well.. everything.

 

“Unnie?” The younger one called out again and it snapped her out of her small enchantment.

 

“Oh, uhh, no. I just got here myself.” She grinned, showing her gummy smile which Rosé returned with one of her own sweet one. Jennie patted the space beside her on the bench and nervously fiddled with the paper bag on her lap. There was some sort of silence between them before Rosé cleared .

 

“Uhmm, sooo...”

 

“Oh yeah,uhmm here” Jennie nervously handed the pink-haired girl the paper bag she was holding. She scratched her warm cheeks.

 

“What’s this?” There was a tone of surprise in the younger ones tone as she looked curiously at her nervously adorable friend.

 

“Open it...” and Rosé did. A gasp left the younger one’s mouth as she pulled out the pink lunchbox with soft sakura flower designs on the side. Jennie looked down, “Uhmm, so I remembered you said that you haven’t had time to cook dinner lately and your mom is still out of town or country? I’m not sure but anyway I cooked some dinner and there was extra (lie) so I thought of giving it to you?” It ended more of a question instead of a statement. Rosé stared at her, eyes going soft.

 

“Thank you.” She whispered, touching Jennie’s arm and startling the latter a bit.

 

“Y-you’re welcome~” she mumbled, cheeks and ears getting red and Rosé found it so adorable. “Uhmm, so tomorrow, if you want, you can eat dinner at my place—I can cook your favorite— then we can do our homeworks together?”

 

“Just us?” Rosé asked, eyes twinkling.

 

“Idk? I can ask Jisoo unnie if she’d like to come and hang witth us?”

 

“Hmmm.” The younger one hummed and Jennie assumed that she agrees.

 

Later that evening, Rosé’s heart felt so warm as she looked at the heart shaped meatball on top of the spaghetti enclosed in the pink sakura lunchbox.


 


 

Jennie sighs irritatedly for the hundreth time that day, glaring at her friend Jisoo who just kept shrugging at her. Jennie thinks the world of Rosé. The girl is perfect in every way—perfect A+ student, perfect daughter to her parents, perfect friend to Jisoo (always allowing whatever evilness that the oldest was planning to unleash), perfect voice (the angels above weep when she sings), but nothing of that matters because right now Jennie thinks that Rosé’s an idiot.

 

”Ahhhh, Rosieeee~~ let’s go watch that movie!!” A tall, lanky girl, who’s so annoying that Jennie’s already murdered her a few times in her mind, clung to her Rosé’s arms happily who seemed to laugh like she’s enjoying it.

 

“Didn’t you say that you already watched that before you went here?”

 

“Hmm But I wanna watch it with my most favorite girlfriendddd!”

 

“Why how many do you have, huh,Lalisa?!” Rosé glared at that stupid stick called Lisa and Jennie almost almost threw up. Jisoo, who was watching this whole ordeal, snickered beside her.

 

Yes, Rosé’s an idiot for dating that girl. She came out of the blue just about 3 days ago, surprising the three of them who were eating by their favorite cafè. What surprised her more was the loud gasp that her lovely, beautiful, crush had let out before squealing and hugging the offender. What shocked her the most was when that Lisa girl suddenly shouted ‘my girlfriend!!!’ For everyone to hear and Jennie choked. Heart also choking but no one needs to know that.

 

”Well, there’s like 3 more in Thailand but you’re my ultimate favorite~~~” Lisa batted her eyes and Jennie wanted to pluck out each and everyone of that lanky girl’s eyelashes. The pink-haired girl looked like she was contemplating it before nodding happily.

 

“Alright, let’s watch the movie~”

 

“Unnies can come!” Lisa grinned and Jennie lowkey scoffed before standing up.

 

“Sorry, I have to leave.” And without even looking back, she just walked out of the café, huffing irritatedly.


 

“You’re so stupid.” Jisoo, who was laying down on her couch waiting for her to finish the chicken she’s cooking, stated.

 

“Me?! M E?! I’M thE StUpiD OnE?!!” She huffed, looking so offended at what the older one just said.

 

“Yeah”

 

“I’M NOT THE ONE WHO’S SECRETLY DATING SomEONE!!”

 

“We don’t know that.”

 

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE DON’T KNOW THAT? THAT STICK KEEPS ON CALLING MY ROSIE HER GIRLFRIEND!!”

 

“Your Rosie, huh?” Jisoo’s now wearing that eating smirk that Jennie oh-so wants to punch.

 

“UGHHHHHH”


 

It’s been about two and half days since Jennie last talked to Rosé. The younger one had been trying to reach her— calling and messaging her, but she hasn’t replied to any of it yet. It’s hard to say the least but it hurts too. She doesn’t know what to do really. She knows she should be happy for her friend but she just can’t help but despise herself for not knowing and for falling so helplessly fast and hard.

 

Her phone vibrated for the nth time that day.

 

My Heart

Jen… why aren’t you replying to me? :( Did I do something wrong? (T T) Please talk to me ;_;

 

She sighed. Rosé has dropped the honorifics after she didn’t reply to her third message which means she’s serious. Her phone vibrated again with another one message.

 

Crackhead Jicken

I will personally decapitate you. You better answer your door in the next 5 minutes or else.

 

“The frick?” She looked at her friend’s message and sure enough not 5 minutes later the doorbell rang. She was about to give Jisoo a piece of her mind! How dare she threaten her like that? She quickly opened the door, already ready to spew on words.

“Jen...” a puffy faced Rosé stood in front of her, eyes red from all the crying she did and Jennie’s heart just shattered as worry washed over her. WHOmST TF MADE HER ROSIEPOSIE CRY SHE WILL FYT THEM RN.

 

“WhAt HAppEned?!!!” She opened the door wider, motioning for Rosé to come in which the latter obliged, eyes b again with tears and sobbing. Jennie’s mind swirled about thinking of all the possibility when her mind pointed to that one possible cause: THAT STICK.

 

“It’s that Lisa girl, she did that to you?” Jennie asked, already thinking where her dad placed the machete she’s going to use to kill that stick. Rosé was still quiet, looking at her curiously while Jennie continued with her rant.

 

“I don’t even know what you see in that stick! Why are you even dating her?! Like I haven’t even heard of her??? And I didn’t even know you were dating someone? And nOW SHE MADE YOU CRY! WAIT HERE WHILE I GO GET THE MACHETE.”

 

“Why do you care?” It was soft but it was enough to make Jennie stop in her tracks and turn around, eyebrows scrunched and eyes filled with worry.

 

“Of course, I care Rosie...” she softly said, walking back to her friend who’s standing awkwardly by the corner.

 

“It doesn’t seem like it” the girl whispered, tears threatening to fall down her pretty face.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You haven’t even replied or talked to me the past days”

 

“You have that Lisa girl with you” Jennie irritatedly said.

 

“So?” Rosé’s eyes were curious and yet challenging.

 

“So? I don’t want to be there to see you and your girlfriend doing girlfriendy stuff! Thinking about you with someone else is hard enough what more seeing you getting all lovey-dovey!”

 

“I don’t understand…?” You can clearly see a vein throb in Jennie’s beautiful forehead as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. It’s all or nothing.

 

“Look, I.. I can’t… I don’t” she groaned before looking Rosé in the eyes, “I don’t know if you haven’t noticed or what but I really realllllyyy like you and seeing you with that… that… Lisa..it hurts. I didn’t even know you were dating her! And now she hurT YOU!!!!”

 

“Huh? I’m not dating Lisa.”

 

“...what”

 

“I’m not dating Lisa and she’s not the one who made me cry.” Rosé looked softly at her, eyes now calmed down.

 

“But…but… who made you cry then?”

 

“You” Jisoo can decapitate her now. Please, let Jisoo come and decapitate her.

 

“Give me a sec”

 

“Where are you going?” the younger girl looked at her curiously, head tilting cutely at the side.

 

“I’m going to go get the machete and I’m gonna go to Jisoo unnie’s place and let her kill me fo making you cry.” Rosé’s eyes widened before she giggled, pulling Jennie back to her gently.

 

“You’re such an idiot.” she chuckled, looking at the older ones eyes “so let me just get this straight. You’re not mad at me?”

 

“NO! HOW CAN I BE?! YOU’RE PERFECT?!!!” that earned her a blush.

 

“Right…soooo you were avoiding me because you thought I was dating Lisa?” she rolled her eyes at the name like it’s the most annoying word in the universe--which it is. Rosé smiled, “and you like-like me. Is that correct?” It was her turn to blush furiously as she nodded meekly. The pink-haired girl grinned and pulled her closer, their nose brushing and lips almost touching. Jennie was about to faint.

 

“Great, because I like you too, Jen.” and Rosé closed the gap between them.

 

Maybe Rosé’s not an idiot after all.



A/N:  Helllooooo!!~~~ I am back with another Chaennie oneshot! I hope y'all liked this one huhu 
Please feel free to leave prompts and I'll see what I can do with them <33333333

Till next time, byeeeee~