Someone's Waiting

Sugar Rush

She stops in the middle of cooking breakfast. There it is again. The faint sound of someone singing...this time it was Four Seasons by Taeyeon. She smiled at that before continuing to cook, indulging in the sounds that her soulmate is singing.

 

As far as Jennie can remember, she has always always heard her soulmate sing-- from when they’re learning their ABC’s to the time her soulmate would sing at 12 midnight every night non-stop, belting out that one beyonce song that made Jennie want to strangle herself. Sometimes she’d hear her soulmate singing something so sad, the voice of that person breaking which makes her heart break along with it too. And when that happens, Jennie would usually sing “Someone’s Waiting” and her soulmate would join in at the last line and she could feel that everything’s good again. It comes with the soulmate thing, she guesses, feeling the sadness and joy of the other person.


 

“Hey are you ready?!” She heard a beep from outside her house and she hurriedly grabbed her things and went out.

 

“Goodmorning, Slug!” She grinned knowing that her bestfriend detests that nickname. And true enough, she heard the bear-like girl growl before she started driving towards their work.

 

There was some kerfuffle when they got inside their workplace. The people going on around and throwing stacks of documents on each table before shouting. The two friends looked confused for a moment before they were pushed to one side.

 

‘C’mon c’mon! We better hurry or the boss woman’s gonna bite our heads off!” They heard their friend Lisa say as they got pushed inside the meeting room of none other than the boss woman herself.

 

“Settle down everyone.” The boss woman said as she moved beside Seulgi and kissed the taller one’s cheeks before whispering, “goodmorning, love.”

 

“Morning, Wannie~” the bear grinned. Jennie rolled her eyes at her friend who’s so whipped for her soulmate before settling in the seat.

 

“Alright, we’ve just signed someone big and I want you guys to handle her” that’s all she heard before the singing started again.


 

It was a saturday night when she choked on her popcorn while watching some show on the TV. She can’t believe what she’s hearing or WHO she’s hearing. Jennie’s not one to jump to conclusions because that’s impossible, right? The thing running through her mind is impossible. Once she had drank enough water and calmed herself down, she watched the show some more and listened very intently. She couldn’t help herself, she wanted to know.

 

It was a live show.

 

It can’t be, right?

 

She took a deep breath, eyes focused on the tv.

 

“Be brave little one...” the singing from the tv stopped and she heard a whispered,

 

“Make a wish for each sad little tear” too low for the tv speaker but loud enough in Jennie’s ear and heart.

 

“Holysht”


 

“ARE YOU SURE?” Came the shout of Seulgi once she had told her what she figured out.

 

“I mean…yeah?”

 

“Alright, so what’s your plan now?”

 

“I honestly don’t know”


 


 

She laid down on her couch, looking at the ceiling. It’s been a week since she figured out who her soulmate is and honestly, Jennie doesn’t know what to do. She had resorted to watching videos of her soulmate on youtube and looking at news articles and connecting the timelines of when she hears her soulmate singing sadly. It was too surreal for her. Here she is, plain Jennie, having a soulmate that’s too out of this world. She heard the start of their song in her ears and she smiled, feeling herself calm down at that.

 

Have faith little one

'til your hopes and your wishes come true

You must try to be brave little one

 

“Someone’s waiting to love you~” she finished the song, smiling gently as she felt the love that she has for a person she hasn’t even met yet fill her heart.

 


 

It was scary. Knowing who and how big your soulmate is to people. Jennie’s doubts had slowly formed and just turned bigger through the following weeks ever since the day she found out. She tried to push it down--to reign it in. To keep it in the darkest corner of her mind and to assure herself that having her is enough. That she’s enough.

 

But she wasn’t.

 

She heard the familiar melody through her head again. Heard the pleading undertone to the song but she didn’t sing back. She hasn’t sung back for a few weeks now and it pains her not to, especially when she can hear her soulmate feeling heartbroken. She sighed.

 

“Is everything okay?” She felt someone sit beside her and she just sighed some more.

 

“I..” she paused before looking at her best friend and asking in a shaky voice, “Am I enough?” Seulgi’s face softened, knowing full well what the smaller one is talking about. She has been talking to Jennie almost every night trying to calm the girl down when she thinks that everything is too much or too little.

 

“Of course you are, Jen. You’re more than enough and your soulmate is hellbent lucky to have you.” Seulgi assured. She waited for the smaller one to say something back but seeing the now furrowed eyebrows of her friend just made her sigh defeatedly before thinking that she needs to do something about this stupidity that Jennie is in.

 

A few days had passed and Jennie was in the music room of their company, sitting in front of the piano, staring at it and nothing at the same time. Seulgi had told her to ‘go wait by the piano‘ because her sulking is distracting and that the bear has loads of things to finish in an hour. Jennie obliged and dragged herself to where she was now, missing the sigh that Seulgi had let out.

 

Her fingers went to the ceramic keys of the piano and began hitting random keys. She sighed again before placing her another hand to the keys and began playing some chords and melody. It was soft at first, feeling every key struck and she missed this. She missed how this song played through her head and through her heart.

 

“Be brave little one~” she started breathlessly, voice low. “Make a wish for each sad little tear” Every of the piano key gets more powerful and more emotional for her. She’s created this dark cloud around her heart; every time she ignores her soulmate singing this song, it breaks her a bit more.

 

“Soon, there'll be joy and happiness. And your little world will be bright” She continued on singing, now sounding more apologetic than sad.

 

“Have faith little one, 'til your hopes and your wishes come true” There was a quiver in her voice. “Always keep a little pray'r in your pocket. And you're sure to see the light”

 

‘Please, please let me see that light. Let me hear her voice’ she thought as she continued singing, still waiting for her other half to sing back.

 



You must try to be brave little one...Someone's waiting to…” she feels defeated.

 

”love you” she whispered the last words to the song as she held back her tears. It was a few moments before she heard someone clear their throat behind her and she had quickly composed herself, quickly wiping the stray tear that fell down.

 

“Jen” She heard her bestfriend call out.

 

“Are you done, Seu-” she turned around, quickly meeting eyes with another person who looks like they’re about to cry.

 

“It’s you...” she heard the girl mumble.

 

A cautious step.

 

Then another.

 

And another.

 

All Jennie could do was stare dumbfounded at the girl standing in front of her. Soft gorgeous pink hair flowing down the other’s shoulder. Brown eyes staring back at hers, quivering but unnerved.

 

“H-hi” she stuttered out, leaning back in nervousness as she looked back up at the girl.

 

“Why...” the girl paused, looking down on her feet before looking back up Jennie’s eyes, “why haven’t you sang back?” the question came out as a whisper, sadness enveloping every tone.

 

“Because… because I didn’t think I was enough for you, Rosé...”Jennie looked away, ashamed, she bit her lip in nervousness. She felt warm soft hands touch her cheek, guiding her to look back at the person.

 

“Why wouldn’t you be?”

 

“Because you’re you and I’m me?” It came out more of a question and Rosé smiled softly.

 

“But the me you’re talking about likes you

 

“Why?” Jennie’s face scrunched up in confusion and the pink-haired girl giggled.

 

“Nobody would ever take my singing at wee hours of the night with such generosity and bravery” Rosé explained and Jennie blinked once. Twice. Before she broke into fits of laughter with Rosé joining in after a second.

 

“Who even in their right mind sings Beyoncé in the middle of the night?”

 

“It was such a good song tho!” and they laughed some more before Jennie finally noticed the other person watching them by the door.

 

“Oh. Seul!” she gave her bestfriend her signature gummy smile which made the latter roll her eyes before walking towards the two who are now wayyy too close in proximity.

 

“I was going to introduce you two formally but right now, I don’t even know if I should.”

 

“Sorry~” Rosé apologized sheepishly, her eyes twinkling as she looked back at Jennie. “Please do introduce us.”

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes again but continued anyway, “Jennie, this is Rosé. We’ll be managing her from now on. Rosé, this is Jennie, my co-manager. If you need anything, please don’t hesitate to ask either of us.”

 

“Nice to meet you, Jennie~ Please take good care of me.” Rosé held out her hand which Jennie took, eyes never leaving the gorgeous girl.

 

“Don’t worry, I will.” she grinned.



A/N: Hello hello!!! I'm back a bit haha. I'm trying to get my writing mojo back so please bear with me for a while :(((
If you have prompts, don't hesitate to tell me and I'll try my best to write them~