Love Team

Sugar Rush

 

The brown haired beauty laid her head on the pink haired girl’s shoulder, arms intertwining with one another as the brown haired one softly found the latter’s hands—fingers automatically intertwining. A sigh left the younger one’s lips.

 

“What are we doing?”

 

“I..I also don’t know, Rosie”

 

“Is this… Is this something we should...” she paused, squeezing their intertwined hands for a bit before whispering, “Nini..” the girl looked at her, hands reaching out to softly caress Rosie’s pretty face. Her thumb ran along the shape of the younger one’s lips. She started leaning in… easily and slowly. Both their eyes closed as their faces were only a few inches apart. Nini can feel Rosie’s warm breath and--

 

“CUT!” The director yelled, “Good job, Jennie, Chaeyoung! Alright, everyone that’s a wrap for today! See you all in a few days! Enjoy the free time.” Chaeyoung looked at the already retreating figure of Jennie. As soon as the director had yelled ‘cut’, the older one had quickly pulled away, stood up, and left, not even saying a goodbye or a good job to Chaeyoung--not that the latter wants to hear that or anything.

 

“Hey, Chae~ Let’s go get you changed.” Lisa, her bestfriend and manager tapped her. She nodded her head, glancing once more at the brunette and letting out a sigh before standing up and following Lisa.

 



 

It’s been a year since she was casted in this coming of age drama where the protagonists are two girls struggling with being accepted for what their ualities are. It was considered a breakthrough in a place where stories like this were deemed taboo. Chaeyoung and Jennie were hand-picked and casted what with being the hottest young actresses of their generation, not to mention that their chemistry is impeccable.

 

To make it more challenging, their management had instructed them to have as much skinship as possible everytime they are out in public or on interviews. Which is a big struggle for the pink-haired girl, it doesn’t really help that she might actually have a crush on the cold brunette.

 

“Stop zoning out, Chae” Lisa laughed, waving the pork belly in front of the older one’s face.

 

“Huh, what?” the younger one chuckled some more.

 

“Look alive, your girlfriend and her cute manager is here.” and just like what Lisa had said, whispers and squeals were heard all around them in the restaurant as the older actress entered. Chaeyoung and Jennie made eye contact and the latter’s face had spread into a wide grin, showing the most adorable gummy smile.

 

“Chaeee~~” Jennie called out, quickly skipping towards her and sitting beside her, well-toned arms latching into hers. “I didn’t know you were eating here!”

 

“Y-yeah. Lisa and I were just craving for some pork belly. Haha” Chaeyoung tried to fight the oncoming blush as Jennie pouted at her.

 

“You should’ve invited us!”

 

“A-ah, yeah, s-sorry~”

 

“Chae~ say ahhh~ ” Jennie cutely mumbled, holding a piece of pork in front of . She felt her face go the same shade as her hair as she did what she was told and ate the meat shyly while their managers grinned and even mocked them. Once they were finished, the four of them had walked towards their parked car.

 

“Bye, Jennie” Chaeyoung shyly waved. Jennie gave her an empty look before closing the door. The younger one’s shoulder slouched in defeat, entering her own car and sighing sadly.

 

“She hates me!” she exclaimed once Lisa had sat on the driver’s seat.

 

“If she hates you, then why does she act extra sweet when you guys are together?”

 

“Because she’s required to do that! Remember?!!!” the pink-haired girl glared at her manager who only chuckled.

 

“Well, she’s not required to act THAT sweet to you. The management just said to act close not sweet.”

 

“It’s all fake and you know it!” she didn’t want to feel hurt but it’s not like she can stop herself from having emotions. “I just.. I just thought that maybe we’d be close by now, or..”

 

“Together-together?” Lisa smirked, eyes not leaving the road.

 

“N-n-no! I meant like at least she doesn’t have to pretend about being my friend. I just wanted to be--”

 

“Her girlfriend”

 

“Yes. I meant N-n-no!!! STOP FINISHING MY SENTENCES!” Lisa laughed at her adorable best friend.

 

“I did everything to be close to her, Lisa. But why do I feel like she doesn’t even want to even try to be friends with me?”

 


 

“Would you say that you and Chaeyoung have a close friendship?”

 

“I think I’m confident to say that Chae and I have a deep understanding of one another that doesn’t need any labels.”

 

“LIESSS!!!” Chaeyoung threw some popcorn on her television. She was watching Jennie’s live interview in one of the most talked about show lately. “You wouldn’t even say bye to me!!!” she continued on ranting, still throwing popcorn on her tv, barely listening anymore and not noticing that the host had handed the actress her phone. Her own phone rang and she quickly answered it without looking at the caller.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Chaeyoungiiiee~~” she did a double take at hearing the object of her affection being all cute and looked at the tv which was now showing a smiling Jennie, phone on her ear.

 

‘Fake cute’ she reminded herself.

 

“Jen!~” she responded back as enthusiastically.

 

“I’m currently filming Star show right now and the host asked me to call someone special to me~~”

 

“I’m watching you right now, Jenjen~ I didn’t expect for you to call me!~” She watched Jennie’s expression on the screen, shoulders going up a bit, head tilting sideways, and her beautiful hair falling in front of her face in shyness.

 

“You’re the special person in my life, Chae~” she whispered, eyes looking straight at the camera and into Chaeyoung’s heart. The crowd was cheering and squealing but the two of them were quiet. “C-chae--”

 

“You’re special to me too, Jennie.” she answered back, looking straight at Jennie’s eyes through the television.

 



 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” she screamed into her pillow as she recalled the happenings earlier. Lisa, who was watching her get all panicky, laughed at her misery.

 

“You’re special to me too, Jen~” The younger one repeated, having watched the now million views of the clip in youtube. Chaeyoung threw her pillow towards Lisa who just dodged it and laughed even more.

 

“SHUT UP LALISA!”

 

“Awwwwww my Chaeyoungieee~~” she cooed, pulling her huffing bestfriend into a hug.

 

“WhY DID I EVEN SAY THAT?!!”

 

“On national television to boot~”

 

“YOU’RE NOT HELPING!!” the pink haired beauty smacked Lisa’s thighs but the latter only laughed harder.

 

“It looked like she was surprised.” the younger one commented after calming down, “like surprised in a good way.”

 

“She’s probably just acting.”

 

“Hmmm. Or you probably touched her heart like you always wanted.” Lisa hummed, running her fingers through Chaeyoung’s hair. They were quiet for a while, each on their own thoughts.

 

“Sometimes I think about why I even like her… then I remember back before I even debuted, being miserable because I wasn’t sure I’ll even get to do what I’m doing now, someone handed me an energy drink and patted my head before leaving.”

 

“You didn’t know her back then” Lisa continued, having heard this story quite a few times. Chaeyoung nodded her head.

 

“I only figured out who she was when I saw her first ever interview. She was still a rookie then but I’ll never forget her and what she did.”

 

“I know.” Lisa looked like she was deep in thought before continuing, “I just thought about something”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Nothing. I’m your best friend, right?”

 

“Yeah”

 

“And you trust me?” At this, Chaeyoung had pulled away and looked at her best friend skeptically.

 

“Yeah……..” Lisa grinned.

 

“I need you to do...” the older one listened intently as her bestfriend laid out her ‘plans’.

 

 



 

“Goodmorning!~” Chaeyoung greeted everyone happily, bowing to some and handing out some energy drinks while saying ‘thank you for working hard and taking care of me’.

 

“My, my, you’re extra chipper today~” Jisoo commented as she accepted the younger one’s small token of appreciation. “Jennie’s inside the trailer getting some last minute script change, but just go right in~”

 

“Thanks, unnie!” She smiled warmly before slowly going inside. The writer had saw her and immediately finished briefing the serious brunette and leaving.

 

“Jenjen~~” she called out, way too enthusiastically for her liking. Jennie looked up, a bit startled before going back to her cold expression. Chaeyoung walked over to her and placed a bottle of milkshake on the table. “I made that yesterday so it’s still fresh~” she paused, waiting if the older one will say something but when nothing came she smiled shyly and continued, “thank you for that call. You made my day extra great.” She smiled warmly one last time before exiting the trailer.

 



 

“I need you two to look at each other’s eyes for this scene.” the director instructed. The two of them nodded and the director had yelled “Action”

 

“Rosie, why are you doing this?” Jennie whispered.

 

“Doing what?” Chaeyoung leaned in closer, head tilting a bit sideways.

 

“Making me feel..” her last words dying at the end as she was startled at the eye contact and smirk that the younger one is donning. Chaeyoung chuckled, pulling away a bit and looking up.

 

“Because” she paused, then turned her head to look at Jennie who was observing her, “I like you.”

 

“CUT!” the director yelled, calling the writer over and looking at the script before shouting that it’s a wrap for today. Chaeyoung stood up and turned to look at Jennie.

 

“Great job today, Jenjen~” she pulled the older one up, “See you tomorrow!~” and winked before skipping over to Lisa.

 

“That wasn’t in the script” Jennie mumbled.

 



 

“Goodmorning, Jennieee~” Chaeyoung greeted, hooking her arms with the older ones. They were shooting at a park today and the weather was somewhat soft. “Are you excited for today’s shoot?” Jennie gave her a blank look. “Oh! I forgot!” She scavenged her bag and pulled out a small thermos. “I thought of you and then I made milk ice cream. Hope you like it~”

 

“Jennie! We need your lovestruck over here for make up!” Jisoo called out, grinning teasingly at the older actress.

 

“Chaeyoung, come on~” Lisa dragged the younger one to wardrobe, winking at the still grinning Jisoo.

 

“I don’t get why you want me to do this! Everytime I give her stuff my heart just breaks with her non responsive reactions!” Chaeyoung whined, pulling the dress down.

 

“I can tell she’s loving it a lot~”

 

“I don’t know if you’re sarcastic or just making fun of all these failures I keep on having”

 

“A little bit of both”

 

“YAH!” Chaeyoung smacked Lisa’s arm, glaring daggers at the younger one, huffing and fixing her dress in the process.

 

“Oh, by the way, you have a scheduled guesting in Pink Room. It’s going to be one of their live broadcasts so better be ready.”

 

“Alright. Thanks.”

 

Chaeyoung’s sweet antics had continued on for the rest of the week and it’s driving Jennie insane. She’s been keeping her cool for so long because she’s afraid that her big fat crush on the pink haired girl might be too obvious. Of course, the only time she can ever act as close and sweet as she can is when she and Chaeyoung are out in public.

 

“Unnnniiiieee~~~” She whined, pouting at the smiling figure of her manager. “Chaeyoung was clinging to me the whole time that I thought my heart was just going to burst out of my chest and run to her!”

 

“Okay, first, that’s kind of creepy.” Jennie glared at Jisoo who started to laugh, “Secondly, aren’t you liking this?”

 

“W-well.. Yeah. I am… but !!!!”

 

“You know, you should really stop acting all cold and unbothered towards her, Chaeyoung might find someone else to latch on.” the oldest commented, opening the tv in time to see the person they’re talking about being handed a guitar.

 

“Can you give us a sample?” the host asked and Chaeyoung shyly nodded before strumming the strings and suddenly belting out a song.

 

“She’s an angel” Jennie whispered, eyes fixed on the screen and heart hammering loudly. Jisoo laughed once again.

 

“Ah~ my lovestruck idiot~”

 

“Since Chaeyoung is a special guest today, we called someone very close to her” The hosts announced. Jennie looked at her phone then at Jisoo who just shrugged and smiled,

 

“It’s not you.”

 

“Hello?” Chaeyoung called out, waiting for the other person on the line to talk but she instead heard a very familiar song.

 

“Dumbdumbdumbdumb dumb dumb~” Chaeyoung’s face lit up and soon enough she was singing along.

 

“Joy!!~”

 

“Hello, I’m Reveluvs Joy, nice to meet you all~”

 

“Joy!! Ohmygosh!”

 

“Hello, Chae~ I just wanted to say that I miss you and that you’re working really hard and I’m very proud of you!~”

 

“Awww, thank you very much, Joy. I miss you too!”

 

“Ah~ I’ll see you soon then!”

 

“Yes! Thank you for surprising me!”

 

“I’ll be surprising you again next time~ Bye bye~”

 

“Byeeeee~”

 

“Ah~ You and Reveluv’s Joy are close?”

 

“Yes! She’s a very special friend to me~”

 

“YAH!!” Jennie screamed at her television, she’s not liking this. “I thought I was the special one?!”

 

“Better treat Chaeyoungiee nicely~~” Jisoo sing-songed in the background, preparing their chicken dinner.

 


 

“Goodmorning Je--” a huge gasp came out of Chaeyoung’s mouth and Jennie looked back at the pink-haired girl, already donning a smile but the younger one wasn’t even looking at her. Chaeyoung ran past her, eyes forming an excited crescent and lips tugged into a wide smile.

 

“JOYYYYYY!!!!”

 

“CHAEEEEEEE~~” Jennie watched as this Joy had pulled her Chaeyoung into a hug as they both squealed and jumped up and down.

 

“JoY! JOY! JOY! JOY!!!!”

 

“Chaeyoungiiieee~~” and the two friends started conversing animatedly as Jennie watched on. She felt someone stop beside her.

 

“Jelllllooouuussss?~” Lisa looked at her with a teasing smile and she glared at the young manager. “Joy adores Chaeyoung just so you know~” and with that, the youngest had skipped towards the two friends and joined into their conversation, slyly glancing at a scowling Jennie in the process.

Jennie watched the interaction between the two friends the whole day. It was agonizing to see her crush acting all cute and sweet to someone not her.

 


 

“I’m gonna break her bones”

 

“What the fck” Jisoo almost dropped the containers of food she was holding as she looked at her crazy friend like she just sprouted two heads.

 

“I’m gonna break her-- what the hell, unnie?!” the younger one shouted as she saw the head of the object of affection and the one she wants to hurt pretty badly stuck on the container of the food that Jisoo had given her. She got the plastic fork and had repeatedly stab the sticker’s face.

 

“I can’t guarantee that we’ll bail you out in jail” Jisoo commented, enjoying the free food she’s eating. Jennie glanced back at the two friends at the corner, she noticed Chaeyoung’s expression. The girl looked like she was warning her friend about something and even crossed her arms in indignation. She saw joy glance at her then smirk before hugging Chaeyoung. She stabbed the food container harder this time, breaking the fork and letting the food fly everywhere.

 

“I’m gonna kill her and make it look like an accident”

 

“Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.”

 

She heard giggles from the other side of the curtain and her Chaeyoung squealing “Joy!!! Stopppp!!” that had her pulling the curtains, eye trained to the mid-tickle fight that the two friends are having.

 

“May we help you?” Joy smirked and she felt herself snap, grabbing Chaeyoung’s arm and pulling her away and into the wardrobe closet.

 

“J-jen--”

 

“I thought I was special to you?!” she glared.

 

“W-what?” Chaeyoung looks flustered to say the least.

 

“You said I was special to you...” Jennie whispered, now looking embarrassed about everything.

 

“O-oh...” Chaeyoung stared at the older girl, finally noticing the red tinge adorning her cheeks and ears. She can’t help but feel warmness envelope her heart. “I-i thought you didn’t l-like m--”

 

“Everyone! We’ll start filming! Please go to your places!” the assistant director yelled and the two of them were both startled and was quick to get out of the closet.

 


 

“H-hey, Nini~” Rosie tried to reach out, the cameras getting all of her angles.

 

“Tch” Nini avoided the younger one’s touch, glaring at her in the process. Rosie pouted, eyebrows forming in sadness.

 

“What did I do?”

 

“I thought you liked me? But why do I see you with that other girl?” Chaeyoung swore she saw Jennie actually look straight at Joy then back at her. Is the older one still acting around this point?

 

“Nini, are you” she paused, thinking if she should continue but did anyway, “jealous?” Jennie looked away but Chaeyoung already saw the redness of the latter’s face.

 

“N-n-no!”

 

“She’s just a friend.” Chaeyoung started, earning her some curious looks from the writers, she's going off script, “I thought you didn’t like me?”

 

“How could I not like you? You’re-- you’re--” Jennie looked like she’s struggling to find the right words.

 

“I’m--”

 

“You’re perfect! Then you act all cute and friendly to everyone and my heart can’t seem to stop beating like it’s going to run out of my ches--OOF” Chaeyoung had pulled Jennie was now on a lip-locking session with the older girl. There was a quiet gasp in the studio before the director had yelled,

 

“CUT!” the two of them quickly pulled away, catching their breath and eyes intensely staring at one another. “You girls” the director started, looking straight at them, “I can’t believe that you two are-- are--”

 

“I’m s--”

 

“THIS DEDICATED TO THE DRAMA! EVEN GOING AS FAR AS TO KISS! MAN, WHAT DID I DESERVE TO GET SUCH A GREAT CAST. I. AM. SO. PROUD!” the director wiped a stray tear that fell down his cheeks as she ushered everyone to wrap it up. Chaeyoung felt a hand intertwine with hers and she looked at Jennie who was avoiding her gaze.

 

“She’s just your friend, right?”

 

“Yeah”

 

“You’re special to me, Chae”

 

“You’re special to me too, Jennie~” their lips moving upward in glee.



 

A/N: Hellloooooo!!!! This is Bun writing my first ever Chaennie fic! I hope you like it huhu 
This collection will mostly consist of fluff~ I'll be accepting AU recommendations <3