Bus Stop

For Two, Please

Wendy got off the bus with pink cheeks and anxious eyes. She keeps remembering what the girl said.

"Oh uh yeah your shirt is buttoned the wrong way. I've been trying to tell you but you keep avoiding me."

"Wha-- oh my god!" she looked down and blushed furiously. How could she have not noticed it during the whole ride? 

That was so embarassing what the hell son seungwan 

Wendy can only cover herself with her sweater and run away to a nearby comfort room but there's none in the vicinity. She might have to go to campus to find one. Defeated, Wendy can only sigh and go to the campus with her head hung low and hands wrapped tight to her sweater. 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

After fixing herself, she was already late for class and had to receive the professor's scolding. This is just the start of the day but so many things are already going wrong. Wendy can only heave a deep sigh, what's awaiting her for the rest of the day? Just as she was about to sigh again, Chaeyoung appeared out of nowhere and hugged her.

"Wendy!!! Good morning :D" 

"Hey Chaeyoung-ah, you seem happy like always."

"Of course, I'm with you now! Oh wait I heard you got scolded by the professor earlier, is that true? You're rarely late so that's a surprise. What happened? Oh and your socks..."

"Woah woah one question at a time haha and what's with my socks?" she looks down and realizes her socks have different colors. Wendy can only slap her forehead with how senseless she's been after that encounter with the cofee girl. 

"So what happened why were you late? Which is probably the reason why your socks are like that too.."

"I bumped at a girl at PEPROMENO earlier and she accidentally spilled her coffee on me. I've seen the girl's face before but I don't know where. I had to change my clothes but I was so out of it I guess so someone on the bus told me that my shirt was buttoned wrong so I had to fix my clothes. Eventful morning right? haha"

"Okay wait who am I supposed to fight? Who is that coffee girl?"

"Hey Chaeyoung hold your horses we're not fighting anyone, it was an accident and I was the one to blame." Wendy can't help but giggle at how protective her friends are. First Joy and now Chaeyoung, is she really that fragile?

"Be careful next time. oh wait you new housemate is moving in later today right?"

"Ah right my new housemate.."

It's been eight months since Gayoung moved out and paying solo for the living expenses were starting to take a toll on her so she had to take in a new housemate. This could be a new start for her, maybe she needed this. Living alone in that house made her feel lonel anyways. Always staring at four closed walls, eating alone which almost feels like she was also inhaling the emptiness in the air. Joy tries to visit her a lot but having someone at home is still different.

"What's her name again? I'm pretty sure it ends with 'e' hmm"

"Wait let me check uhm it was--" the bell rings which startled them both and got Chaeyoung running to the opposite direction screaming about a strict professor and planning something. Wendy can only shake her head and proceed to her next class.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

Wendy's mind has been preoccupied throughout her whole ride home. Standing on the bus reminded her of the raven-haired girl this morning and she can't help but blush at how stupid she was not being able to notice her clothes. And that coffee girl.. she's pretty sure that she's seen her somewhere before, and she can't help but be frustrated at how bothered she is by not remembering.

As she got off the bus stop, she realized it's been a while since she went home with her mind occupied. Lately she's just worried about going home and having no one to talk to and just feeling so hollow. Maybe she can stay just a little while at this bus stop for now. All these people passing by, the trees swaying with the breeze, cars coming and going, she fit just right in. Wendy closes her eyes to listen to their footsteps, their whispers, their laughs. She felt as if she belonged, the world never stops and she's not stuck in that place, not right now, not at this moment. She used to be in a happy place and now she's just.. neutral. what went wrong? when did she start walking astray? All these questions flooding her, suffocating her. She opened her eyes not wanting to be trapped in those emotions again and walks away. 

Looking at her shoes she follows the path to her house when suddenly raindrops fell. Wendy looked up and stared at grey skies, there it goes, another drop. by the time she realized what was happening, she was already wet. She ran fast to the house, opened the door and removed her sweater. As she was walking towards her room she saw a person lurking at the living room.

What the . Why is there a person in my house? Is she a thief?

Wendy grabs the broom ready to attack anytime. She sneakily went behind the girl and screamed.

"Who are you?!"

"Woah woAH WAIT CALM DOWN I was just getting accustomed to the place please put that down."

"Wait.. you're THAT girl earlier!"

"Ah yes, I'm sorry I didn't get to introduce myself to you earlier cause you were in a rush. I'm your new housemate please take care of me well."

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's chapter twooo. Who's her new housemate? I know my chapters are too short but thanks for being patient with me. I will try to update as much as possible. Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it! :D